OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 00:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Dr. Neubauer Bison
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 06:46 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Tried 1,8 mm DrN Bison on my Revolution blade. Nice rubber, very non-bendy (stiff, like cardboard). Clearly faster than Mega Block 1,5 mm. Faster than 1,5 mm Transformer on a Stiga Carbonado blade. And also clearly less spin reversal compared to Transformer and Mega Block. Bison reminds me about DMS BEAST in how it behaves, but BEAST is a little softer and maybe less spin reversal. Bison is however more dynamic and it is pretty slow when blocking but it has gears, so when attacking it has much more speed than Mega Block or Transformer. It is more allround. Angle is a little lower than Transformer, but maybe not as low as Mega Block. I guess spin reversal could be better if I tried it on a different blade. What I liked was that attacks were better and with more speed, but without the cork screw balls and lots of reversal I won't get many chances to attack, besides attacking serves. I have removed it but I might try it again and with the robot compare a few antis to each other, on both Revolution and on Carbonado. I am hoping (if I don't wreck any more antis when removing them) to compare Bison with Transformer 1,5, Mega Block 1,0 and 1,5 mm. I might end up with Transfomer or Mega Block 1,0...

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2017, 06:37 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I tried to keep a scientiffic approach to testing anti's concerning blocking length and back spin. So I let a robot and fixed bats decide (all 4 testet on Stiga CArbonado 190, and all but Mega-Block 1,5 mm tested on Revolution blade). Mega-Block 1,5 mm has by far the shortest blocks, even shorter on Carbonado than Revolution ( :o ). But it looks like Transformer has the most spin reversal, even though Mega-Block 1,5 comes close. For some reason Mega-Blocok 1,0 mm is rather far away fro 1,5 mm. Bison and Mega-Block 1,0 are pretty similar. Bison seems to be slower on Carbonado.
That rubbers seems slower on Carbonado might have someting to do with how well I could attach the blades to the iron box.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2017, 22:01 

Blade: Primorac Carbon
FH: Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH: Nittaku Best Anti 1.2
Def-attack wrote:
I tried to keep a scientiffic approach to testing anti's concerning blocking length and back spin. So I let a robot and fixed bats decide (all 4 testet on Stiga CArbonado 190, and all but Mega-Block 1,5 mm tested on Revolution blade). Mega-Block 1,5 mm has by far the shortest blocks, even shorter on Carbonado than Revolution ( :o ). But it looks like Transformer has the most spin reversal, even though Mega-Block 1,5 comes close. For some reason Mega-Blocok 1,0 mm is rather far away fro 1,5 mm. Bison and Mega-Block 1,0 are pretty similar. Bison seems to be slower on Carbonado.
That rubbers seems slower on Carbonado might have someting to do with how well I could attach the blades to the iron box.

The most useful review I have read. The video is the icing on the cake. Thank you, Def-attack.

A few questions.

1. How is the durability of the Bison?
2. Does it require maintenance like Der Materialspezialist Pro Anti Clean?
3. I read some reviews about the Buffalo - in one case, it developed bubbles after a week and in another case wrinkles were formed when trying to remove and glue it on another blade. Any such findings with the Bison?
4. Can it be glued using regular glue or does it need a glue sheet?
5. Do you think it will go well with Dr.Neubauer Hercules blade? For shorter blocks, low throw angle etc?

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2017, 22:18 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Def-attack wrote:

The most useful review I have read. The video is the icing on the cake. Thank you, Def-attack.

A few questions.

3. I read some reviews about the Buffalo - in one case, it developed bubbles after a week and in another case wrinkles were formed when trying to remove and glue it on another blade. Any such findings with the Bison?
5. Do you think it will go well with Dr.Neubauer Hercules blade? For shorter blocks, low throw angle etc?

I have not used Bison more than one session, so I can't answer your questions. But I used DMS Pro Clean and that did not help, almost the opposite... not sure why.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2017, 22:32 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
Def-attack wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

A few questions.

I have not used Bison more than one session, so I can't answer your questions. But I used DMS Pro Clean and that did not help, almost the opposite... not sure why.

the neubauer rubbers have a different method of getting Slick, the msp spray has the opposite effect on them and should only be used for msp products

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2017, 16:27 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

In a mail from Neubauer I got the news that they have been working on improving Bison (and Buffalo and Rhino). This is because of the new ABS ball with far less rotation (or at least very little spin comes back after blocking compared to the old plastic ball) so it is especially designed for that type of ball if I understood correctly.

I will have a version of this new Bison sent to me for evaluation. I'll report back here when I have tried it.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2017, 21:04 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
What exactly is the ABS ball? A variant of the plastic ball?
Bulldog.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2017, 21:38 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Bulldog wrote:
What exactly is the ABS ball? A variant of the plastic ball?
Bulldog.

Yes, the newest version of plastic ball, like Stiga Perform. It is of much better quality (roundness, bounce etc) and it does not break as easy as the old ones. It is great for the open game, loop to loop and so, but horrible for anti-blocking or defensive game since it looses its spin very quickly after the bounce.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2017, 23:17 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Ok. I am using Joola Flash or Nittaku balls at the moment. Just trying to switch to short pimples. Hopefully my block will be efficient although probably not dangerous. I am hoping to attack more and defend less. Gone to TSP Spinpips Red1.8 on a TSP 5.5 Balsa blade. It's going to take time but I am giving it an extended run while I wait to hear whether I need a knee operation.

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2017, 06:35 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I just read this over at Noppentest (via Google translate), from Carsten Neubauer:

Hi,

To put an end to "speculation": Yes, there are 3 new versions of our well-known anti-spin rubbers available soon:
Buffalo +
Bison +
Rhino +

The sponge used here is the same, but it feels a little different.
In these new versions, the spin reversal was actually improved a bit, this is noticeable both with celluloid balls as well as with plastic balls. In addition, the ball dips a little more.
Unfortunately, when using the ABS ball (which is known to be unsuitable for the material game), it is still not possible to achieve the same spin reversal as with conventional plastic balls. Compared to the current "smooth antis" on the market, the above mentioned 3 new pads are certainly at the forefront.

The same applies to the new "+" versions as the existing Antis:
'Buffalo +' is still a good choice for the passive (and short) blockball at the table, with very good spin reversal.
'Bison +' has a slightly softer touch and will provide a bit more control for many players. As a result, 'Bison +' can also be used on fast, hard woods.
'Rhino +' is similar to 'Bison +', but with slightly improved attack possibilities.

For further questions you can - as always - like to contact me by email

VG
Carsten