OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 17:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dr. Neubauer Bison
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 09:00 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Neubauer tell me my bat is on the way from Germany now. Held up by availability of Dom Speed 2.

Bulldog

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 09:02 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Bulldog wrote:
Neubauer tell me my bat is on the way from Germany now. Held up by availability of Dom Speed 2.

Bulldog

Great! Looking forward to your review. :clap:

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2016, 00:56 
Super User

Hi Guys
I had my first outing with Bison this morning. The rubber was red 1.2mm mounted on an offensive minus Matador blade by Dr Neubauer. Forehand rubber was DrN Domination Speed 2 with 2.1mm sponge.

All the equipment was new to me and being used for the first time. Unfortunately I had to play matches rather than practice any shots which meant I had no time whatsoever to assess blade angles for blocking or work out how I was going to use the rubber at all.

My first opponent was a leftie who plays a controlled topspin game. First two games were awful.Then bingo! The blocks started dropping short or wobbled and dropped suddenly when I thought they were going long. Lost ten in the fifth when I ought to have won. Had I been used to the forehand rubber at that stage I might have done.

My second opponent was a right handed pen holder who hates playing against long pips but through playing me has improved somewhat. I played better with my forehand and principally used the Bison to chop and push aggressively. Won my first match with him and lost the second trying a few shots out.

My third opponent was a defender and I used our games to bed in a couple of stock percentage shots with the Bison and won more games than I lost.

First impressions:

Passive block; will be fabulous against players who play with more spin than my opponents today. I got great spin reversal from passive blocks which dropped short often making them virtually I returnable.

Chop block; not sure whether this is a shot which will be needed with this rubber which reminds me of my Super Block days.I only tried a few such shots.

Fast/ aggressive push; started to feel comfortable with this shot near the end of the session and produced fast skidding balls which forced my opponents to give me high balls to put away.

Chopping; surprised to say the rubber was useful in this regard and although I don't often use this shot it produced real problems for my attacking opponents.

Serving; great for tomahawk serves and fake backspin and topspin serves:very deceptive.

Drop shots; excellent control and well executed shots were deadly.

Lifting; too soon to say but seemed slow and not a shot that I will use save against defenders.

Counter topspin and hit; too soon to say.

The rubber was very good for returning all manner of serves except for the old problem of fast flat serves. Generally returning no spin and flat shots was more difficult but for the first outing the rubber was very encouraging and I can honestly envisage using the Bison as my rubber next season. It had a great level of control on an offensive blade and was relatively easy to use.

I really need to practice against players who employ a modern third ball strategy but think the rubber will actually be even better against such opponents.

I will continue to post.

Bulldog

Last edited by Bulldog on 27 Jun 2016, 08:58, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2016, 07:20 
Super User

Nice review Bulldog! :up:
Forget the chop block with slick anti, the passive blocks is your weapon against topspin and gives you the most reversal. I can also chop with Buffalo or Bison and it does load up backspin after a couple of loops however, I don't see that as a strength of the rubber and only use that in an "emergency".
I actually found attacking in particular against underspin quite easy with Bison though I used the 1.8 and the thicker sponge makes attacking a little easier. You need to use a relatively open blade and engage your wrist. It is always difficult to attack no-spin balls or counter with frictionless anti even with the new generation antis. You need "soft hands" and lots of practice for that.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2016, 08:57 
Super User

Hi Matt,
I fully agree. I often don't get time in matches to chop block anyway. My chops are also emergency strokes. I will work on the attacking strokes. Had a little trouble with no spin short serves but always stress about that.

The passive blocks, drop shots and my version of the aggressive push are I am certain going to get better and better. I now need to play some County standard attackers and leading Local veteran players to see how to use the rubber tactically.

Bulldog

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2016, 20:56 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Any more news on this anti? Did anyone try Doc's Power Attack? http://www.drneubauer.com/shop.php?cat= ... us&prod=97

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2016, 00:41 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:

A couple of people here tried it: http://www.noppen-test.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30764&p=211708#p211708

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2016, 02:31 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Matt Pimple wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

A couple of people here tried it: http://www.noppen-test.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30764&p=211708#p211708

Yes, I've read those but I found the answers somewhat contradictionary...

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2016, 06:21 
Super User

Had a second session with the Bison. I mainly played doubles and was able to return serves with a lot of variety and caused chaos with very short drop shots. The rubber has great control and proved useful for chopping from middle distance.

I had one singles match and unfortunately ran in to difficulties with a longstanding problem: blade angle on the passive block. Has anybody ideas about this as occasionally topspin drives seemed to fall off the blade and on to the table. Should I be opening the blade? Pressing forward slightly on the block? Any ideas would be welcome!

Bulldog. :Chop:

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 04:03 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
the harder and faster the spin you need to open the blade more...

opposite then with lp...thats why its so hard to get used to it...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 08:51 
Super User

Thank you. It is clearly going to take time but I know I am going to succeed!

Bulldog :Defense:

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2016, 19:05 
Super User

Hi Everybody,

I stupidly agreed to play a summer league match last week against strong opposition which didn't go too well.

Had a good practice session yesterday and played a lot better. I am still struggling to keep the blade angle open with "emergency" blocks. I find that I am having to think too much about the shots I play and of course one doesn't have the time to do that during a match. I am looking forward to the time that muscle memory takes over!

Playing a summer league match tonight with a bit more optimism. Stepping up practice!

Bulldog

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2016, 06:10 
Super User

Bulldog, it will take some time (a few months probably) until this is engrained in your "muscle memory" so just keep at it and practice. You will like the rewards! ;)
For a good block with the anti it is important to have the bat close to your body and block right in front of your belly so you need to move left or right at the table. Don't just stick out your arms! Make sure to keep the bat fairly loose and you will even be able to block hard topspin drives.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2016, 09:11 
Super User

Hi Matt,

Struggling to post this morning. I will act on your advice. I have been blocking with my bat away from my body as I did with Super Block. Lost matches I would normally have won tonight. Determined to persevere.

Bulldog :@

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2016, 02:37 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
hi Buldog...

a nice glanti strokes explanations are located in glanti and lp training course thread...i was on it so i shared some tips for us glanti players there...you can read it and contribute with some questions...

or we can even open a thread for glanti only :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!