OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 21:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016, 05:11 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll OFF
FH: Friendship 802-40 2.4mm
BH: Dawei388C-1 Medium pip ox
Hi everyone!

I would like to buy a cheap anti like Friendship 804, and heat it with an iron (I put parchment paper on top of it before heating) then remove the sponge and try it under a spinney topsheet.

BUT...before i do this, has anyone ever tried this and if so, what is your opinion?

Thanks!

Glenn

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016, 05:15 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I can't see why that should be any harder than with ordinary LP rubbers. Some are easy, some are hard...

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016, 20:29 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Well, halfway to Your question. I tried Tackiness 2 slow. I have yet to try Super Anti Slow.

I tried 3 sponge behind my Geospin Tacky on a customized blade, specially made by Blade Pemula, Bandung, Indonesia, and off course on my Defence Alpha.

The original Tacky, well, play like original, after I infused it in boiled water, literally. Slow, but super spinny. :D :D :D
Changed to Tuple, H3 slow, harder sponge enable me to loop with more open blade, and,

Changed to BLutenkirsche Japan, Tackiness 2 slow, the slowest I could get for sponge, I get sharper loop with more closed blade. ;)

But,

I should disclose that, while slower sponge slowing the ball return, they also making the blade more affected to incoming spin, so I should chop earlier and more horizontal to be save. Also true with thicker sponge, assuming slow sponge.

And,

There are optimal minimum on sponge bouncyness, any slower can make pure looping and chopping impossible because the ball did not rebound and just spun in place. Happen when I tried Super Anti. :o

Sent from my S5G using Tapatalk