OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:47

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2016, 18:34 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I've seen a few inverted bats at the club that have been used for so long they have virtually turned into anti-spin. One fellow at the club is currently using 804 anti-spin and is looking at replacing it. It doesn't seem worn on the edges so given he's B grade player I'm wondering if its just waste of money, after all wouldn't a worn anti-spin just turn into..........anti-spin?

Note that this particular fellow uses his grippy antispin like its inverted and I've played him several times and play him no different to any other inverted player and I really don't think he's got the style that suits anti-spin. He's determined though that its the rubber for him though I'm trying to convince him to just use a basic Chinese rubber both sides.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2016, 19:10 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2016, 22:05 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
i think it is different for that old style antis and frictionless one...this new one, to my dismay, are worse over time when that thin slick outer layer wears out...

it would be very informative if AA would tell us how often he change his Transformer and because what reason...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 01:48 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
My Super Anti just gets better and better every year! :D

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 08:15 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

hookshot wrote:
My Super Anti just gets better and better every year! :D

Yeah, that's what is getting at.

I gave this fellow an old worn sheet of Jupiter to put on to compare and will suggest he keep his old anti for bit longer

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 12:26 
Super User

Blade: GiantDragon Kris2
FH: DHS H3 Neo
BH: Who Knows???
My 804 went completely stupid: it lost spin on half of the rubber, and became quite grippy (almost tacky) where I kept my finger. Honestly, if he wants an anti, he should go to YAP o something, otherwise, if he wants another 804, just get a dead inverted rubber.

Help me find a new blade please!

Only self-proclaimed unofficial spin doctor of OOAK. Call me Joe or musicfreak :rock:
The author of How Spin Works. The Official How Spin Works Thread. How Spin Works goes to India! See my 3D Printed/Laser Cut blade experiment blog.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 13:30 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Musicfreak0 wrote:
My 804 went completely stupid: it lost spin on half of the rubber, and became quite grippy (almost tacky) where I kept my finger. Honestly, if he wants an anti, he should go to YAP o something, otherwise, if he wants another 804, just get a dead inverted rubber.

Yep, tend to agree. I'm not anti expert however I've played against the 804 and also against Butterfly Super Anti and they are worlds apart. I've stopped playing the anti as though its anti. Of course that could also be partly due to the skill of the user.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 14:34 

Blade: Garaydia ZLC
FH: Dignics 05
BH: Dignics 09C
I bought my Sriver Killer anti spin rubber in 1989, today it is still the same as the day I got it, still "spinless" :rofl: he he. But the sponge has hardened and has lost some of its bounce. It still effectively performs.
I bought a Super Anti 4 years ago and it still works fine. I also have the 804 but I don't like it much.
Now when do you need to change your anti rubber? I have been wondering about the same thing this past 20+ years as most of my anti still work!

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2016, 09:19 
Super User

yes, thats what i thought too...

i started to play with FAnti as a replacement for DG because i was pissed how often i need to change it because of broken pips...but this new frictionless antis are not aging gracefully as the old (little) friction antis...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 10:14 

Blade: defensive
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 64
Anti-spin rubbers can last 2-5 years.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 23:32 
Super User

yes, normal ones...but this new frictionless antis lose their top quality in the same rate like a normal inverted rubber unfortunately...

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 23:56 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
About 60/80h of use...
Unfortunately many "last generation frictionless rubber" haven't a long life... very expensive... :n:
;(

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 00:25 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
Jury is still out but I think Mega-Block will prove to be more durable. The surface feels different than Transformer and doesn't seem to lose effectiveness as it becomes smoother.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 06:33 
Super User

yes, i saw that and hope it is true ...