OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 08:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2016, 14:27 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
From Facebook:

"COMING SOON!

MEGA-BLOCK

This new slick antispin rubber is the ultimate legal weapon for blocking close to the table. Thanks to its uncomparable surface MEGA-BLOCK creates maximum spinreversal.

MEGA-BLOCK not only generates a maximum of spinreversal but also never seen before extremely short destructive blocks.
MEGA-BLOCK provides very high control through its extreme dampening sponge which also enables a variety of different strokes.

Passiv or rotationless balls can be attacked with ease with MEGA-BLOCK creating a very short disruptional trajectory which will confuse the opponent.

MEGA-BLOCK: Forget frictionless long pimples MEGA-BLOCK is the future!

Speed: 30
Control: 105
Disruptional effect: 100"

As a comparison - Transformer is graded with speed 35, Control 100 and disruption 100.

According to AA there will be a video very soon, looking forward to see that and to try the rubber!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2016, 15:53 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
It'll be fun to see how much they can improve the GlAntis in the next few years, especially how much they can improve the control. The spin reversal is good enough as it is now IMO so control should be their one and only focus.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2016, 16:09 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

auzcar wrote:
It'll be fun to see how much they can improve the GlAntis in the next few years, especially how much they can improve the control. The spin reversal is good enough as it is now IMO so control should be their one and only focus.

To mer it feels like anything slower than Transformer 1,5 mm would be too slow, but I guess it also is a matter of feeling (rubber's softness, throw, gears etc). If it is slower but has som more ability in attacking game, that would be fine even if I lost some spin reversal. I tried Neubauer Power Attack on my regular carbon blade and on Stiga Allround Evolution, and it is too fast and too little reversal for a blocking game, but nice for a deception game with attacking pop ups. But opponent will soon realize there isn't enough reversal on attacks and those can often easily be attacked back. So amount of reversal is still a very important factor and I guess Mega Block is at least as good as Transformer. But if it can somehow help keeping the ball low, that would be fantastic.

I guess I will try 1,0 mm first since I today wants someting a little faster than Transformer 1,5 mm. If I wasn't aware of this new rubber I would go for Transformer 1,0 next time I change.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2016, 16:34 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Def-attack wrote:
auzcar wrote:

To mer it feels like anything slower than Transformer 1,5 mm would be too slow, but I guess it also is a matter of feeling (rubber's softness, throw, gears etc). If it is slower but has som more ability in attacking game, that would be fine even if I lost some spin reversal. I tried Neubauer Power Attack on my regular carbon blade and on Stiga Allround Evolution, and it is too fast and too little reversal for a blocking game, but nice for a deception game with attacking pop ups. But opponent will soon realize there isn't enough reversal on attacks and those can often easily be attacked back. So amount of reversal is still a very important factor and I guess Mega Block is at least as good as Transformer. But if it can somehow help keeping the ball low, that would be fantastic.

I guess I will try 1,0 mm first since I today wants someting a little faster than Transformer 1,5 mm. If I wasn't aware of this new rubber I would go for Transformer 1,0 next time I change.

Yeah, it doesn't need to be any slower, like you said it's more a matter of throw and feeling. It would nice if they could improve the angle sensitivity but that kinda comes with the deal when the rubber is so slippery.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2016, 16:42 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I think durability in terms of feel and grip would be good to improve. Transformer changes over time and its initial reversal and feel changes rather soon.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2016, 18:04 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Def-attack wrote:
I think durability in terms of feel and grip would be good to improve. Transformer changes over time and its initial reversal and feel changes rather soon.

As usual I haven't stuck with it long enough to notice such things ;)

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2016, 23:33 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
durability is also what i am hoping for...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2016, 23:35 
Super User

and, not on topic, in AA signature is also another blade...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2016, 00:14 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:

It is this one:
https://der-materialspezialist.com/prod ... ucts_id=50

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2016, 00:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
im very interested in this as i like close to the table blocking with anti

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2016, 08:53 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
111Iceman111 wrote:

It is this one:
https://der-materialspezialist.com/prod ... ucts_id=50

yap...i wonder how is it different to Destroyer?

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016, 20:28 
Super User

and i also wonder about 2.0mm thickness...maybe it will be perfect solution for playing against stronger opponents with fast serves and killer 3rd ball attacks...

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2016, 23:32 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
How do you know there is 2mm sponge available?

111Iceman111 wrote:
and i also wonder about 2.0mm thickness...maybe it will be perfect solution for playing against stronger opponents with fast serves and killer 3rd ball attacks...

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2016, 00:04 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

conradyoung wrote:

111Iceman111 wrote:

From Der Materialspezialists facebook profile, when that presented the news, I believe.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2016, 01:08 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
Def-attack wrote:
conradyoung wrote:

111Iceman111 wrote:

From Der Materialspezialists facebook profile, when that presented the news, I believe.

Duh. Oops. Thanks Def-Attack.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next