OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2016, 06:46 

Blade: Innerforce ZLC
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 64
AA wrote:
promo-video is online btw

What's on your forehand nowadays? Breakout?

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2016, 00:41 

Blade: Palio Tct
FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 soft (Max)
BH: Nittaku Best Anti (1.3mm)
Hi Guys!

I like to know this Mega-Block maybe good with NSD and 1,0mm? Maybe it's to fast?

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2016, 01:08 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
My view of things:

Couple of years ago, anti spin players used faster equipment. For example, Amir Ahmed used one of the fastest blade Gergely, and anti Nightmare, Beast, Spinparasite, BAD with thickness 0.7, 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2(thin sponge) depends on concrete rubber. Similarly, Amelie Solja used fast blade with DrN Grizly. Nowadays, players choose slower combination. Allround blades like Destroyer, Revolution etc. and slower frictionless antis Transformer or Mega Block with thicker dampering sponge 1.5 or even 2.0(Luka) which made ultra slow combination, where the point is in short block, stop opponent attack, force opponent to push back and attack with anti or with forehand to win the point.

Is this observation true? Why is this? I suppose that offender is new plastic balls, less spin reverse in general. If we stay with fast equipment, better players can attack our longer block easier than before with celluloid, and break through our anti defensive blocking play. This is not complain, just analize....

Is there another reason?

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2016, 01:32 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
i can only talk about myself: the news slick antis have better control than the old ones, the ones from der-materialspezialist also tend to be slower to achieve this. slower antis also have the positive effect of shorter blocks, which makes it harder for your opponent to loop again

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2016, 20:05 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I had a very brief hit with MB 1,0 mm yesterday with my son. I have to bats, both Stiga Carbonado 190, both with Victas V15. One of them has MB 1,0, the other has Transformer 1,5 mm. If i drop the ball on those twoo bats it bounces lower on 1,0 MB. But if I hit the ball I do not need to add as much force to MB as Transformer to make the ball hit the ceiling. Just hitting back a slow no spin ball MB 1,0 felt a little faster than Transformer. But also more easy to hit with, more controlled in some way. But a 1,0 mm Transformer might have been as easy as MB in that aspect, don't remember. I had no chance to try to block any loops.

The sponge is exactly the same (at least what I can see and feel). Top sheet feels almost the same (material and friction) but the base is thicker and pips are shorter on MB. It feels harder. It looks like the rubber is thinner than Transformer and therefore they can make a version with a 2,0 mm sponge. I think Transformer would be too thick with a 2,0 mm sponge. But that is just a guess.

I am really looking forward to test this in real situations :).

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2016, 21:08 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
nice initial review...mine will come in a few days, revolution blade already came... :rock:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2016, 21:56 

111Iceman111 wrote:
nice initial review...mine will come in a few days, revolution blade already came... :rock:
Neighbor Iceman :D ,

I am waiting for you review, especially for comparing between Destroyer and Revolution. After that i will order blade+rubber. Did you order a Mega Block for your Destroyer also, for comparison, or you trust in recommendation that Mega Block play the best on Revolution Blade?

Do you have any video on youtube to see your style of play?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2016, 22:28 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
I hope to will try soon MB 1.0mm with my Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive..
:up:

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2016, 09:16 
Super User

mataxxl wrote:
111Iceman111 wrote:
Neighbor Iceman :D ,

I am waiting for you review, especially for comparing between Destroyer and Revolution. After that i will order blade+rubber. Did you order a Mega Block for your Destroyer also, for comparison, or you trust in recommendation that Mega Block play the best on Revolution Blade?

Do you have any video on youtube to see your style of play?

haha, hi,

you can click on my blog link under my posts...for a video that is...

and i ordered only 1 MB lol...1 MB...like 1 GB=1000MB

i will use my destroyer transformer combo as a backup blade...and put everything new on revolution...i am blindly trusting our guru AA :)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2016, 10:10 

Hahaha,

nice answer :lol: :lol:
I believe, too in our guru :angel:

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2016, 15:09 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
My order arrived just 2 hours ago! I was using 1.5mm Transformer on Destroyer, and now I am using 1.5mm Mega-Block on Revolution. I also got a sheet of 2.0mm Mega-Block but will reserve that for later use.

First impressions:
When I examined scraps of the topsheet without the sponge, it reminded me of a micro-version of short pips. The Mega-Block topsheet has many small pimples, quite densely packed. There is very little space between them, and the base of the pips near the topsheet is slightly wider. I suspect that the rubber as a whole feels harder because (1) there is very little space between the base of the pips, so the topsheet is harder, and (2) there is very little space between the tops of the pips, making it harder for the topsheet to push deeply into the sponge.

In contrast, Transformer looks more like long pips upside down, with a lot of space in between pips and without any widening at the base of the pips. So the base of the topsheet is softer, and it's easier for the pips to push into the sponge more deeply.

Sponge is nearly the same as Transformer, if not exactly the same. Very soft, almost like felt.

One more thing: To me the topsheet of Transformer when new feels almost rough, like micro-fine sandpaper. To me the topsheet of Mega-Block seems slightly less rough. It's still rough but it seems slightly less so.

Testing:
Reversal appears to be the same as tested with my robot.

With Transformer attacking is sensitive to the amount of force in the stroke. For example, if you're aiming to drive the ball but you don't apply enough force the ball will go into the net. And alternatively the ball seems to go long at times.

Attacking with Mega-Block feels much more "direct" than Transformer. We will see with training and match play this weekend.

Blocking feels a little more "direct" as well. Low trajectory. Hard to compare vs Transformer since it is on a different blade (I must say it is nice to play with an all-wood blade again). Blocking against slow loops and regular topspin drives feels very similar to Transformer in control. We'll see about hard fast loops when I have a chance to practice with a live partner.

In summary:
Attacking should be more intuitive and consistent. Will know more Saturday re: control vs hard fast loops.

All in all it seems like the next logical evolution in antispin rubber. I'm grateful that we have a table tennis equipment manufacturer so dedicated to the alt-rubber table tennis community. Thank you Guido!

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2016, 19:59 
Super User

Tnx for the initial review, good things so far...

Imo, what they/we got with a harder topsheet is that it will not crack on the hard fast balls and the ball will not penetrate all the way to the blade, making blocking hard balls more controlled and consistent...

I hope anyway :angel:

Can't wait for mine to come...

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2016, 22:36 
Super User

So, the MB arrived :D

It is 37g uncut...

Here are some pictures, I will post impressions after tomorrow league match I will play with it without rehearsal :D

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Last edited by 111Iceman111 on 16 Nov 2016, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2016, 23:04 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
111Iceman111 wrote:
So, the MB arrived :D
I will post impressions after tomorrow league match I will play with it without rehearsal :D

best of luck but without rehearsal :o

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016, 05:26 
Super User

how different could it be? :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next