OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 06:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2017, 20:41 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
I play with a Nittaku Goriki Super Drive:
6 plys
Offensive -
External ply Walnut
Internal ply Kiso Hinoki
Property of blade: to be stiff in fast movements and flex in slow movements

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

Last edited by Ragnolo on 23 Jan 2017, 23:47, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2017, 23:44 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
speed all+ or off-
hard outer layer
low throw angle

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2017, 01:51 

And what about a combi blade ? In the forehand I like high throw angle and soft feeling... I think the backhand side (anti) does not have to be too slow, because anti is already very slow, so the speed can be the same for the two sides, or slightly more absorbing on the anti side but a hard ply with low rejet angle is easy to imagine on the anti side, whereas forehand side is high throw and for topspin.
Don't you think it could be great ?

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2017, 05:24 

Blade: Vodak Rebel OFF
FH: Tenergy 25FX max.
BH: DMS Mega-Block 1,5mm
Hello guys, I have long been a fan of the three of you (Amir-Def Attack, Iceman) im playing three months with 1.5 MB and with this rubber love table tennis even more. But it bothers me one thing that you are dealing with here, too. My game is very similar to the Iceman, close to the table block and attack with anti FH.

Until now playing with blade Petr Korbel OFF on FH I have Victas V01 Limber, I was happy with this setup, but a colleague lent me Viscaria, FH was much better, which motivates me to change the blade. The truth is that I do not know how good the carbon blade with anti. When im watching the video Def-Attack i see that MB on Carbonado jumps very high, which I wanted to avoid. But I understand that it is a tax for a good forehand.

I have a couple of blades that would like to buy, and I would be glad if someone had the experience of one of those blades especially with MB or transformer.

Zhang Jike ALC, Timo Boll ZLF, Innerforce ALC, Apolonia, Freitas ALC. Viscaria, Crest OFF Donic, Stiga Carbonado 90

Thank you for feedback :) and sorry for my english :headbang:

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2017, 05:46 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
I was looking at buying the der-mater 2 faces blade, but the lack of reviews and never having used one of theirs before... kind of hesitant to throw 140 euro at it!

I have transformer 1.5 on innerforce layer ALC -- works very well. A rather hard/crisp feeling on the blocks. Quite direct.

And from my testing, it seemed the anti felt even faster on the innferforce layer ALC than it did on the garaydia ZLC. The ALC lacked cushioning I thought. It still worked well, though if you prefer the blades with more 'feel' then probably not.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2017, 21:03 
Super User

i tried lot of fast blades with mb and must say that i didnt like neither one...they all lack that braking in the air effect which is necessary for disturbance and blocking...

if you must use a fast blade, look for one that has the lowest throw angle...it will bounce hard but at least it will be low...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2017, 23:45 

What do you call "fast" ? Do you have any reference ?

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2017, 19:43 
Super User

i dont know, anything faster than off-...timo boll spirit speed i think...

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2017, 00:47 

Ok. I play with OSP Maritn off pro. All wood, powerful, like a powerful clipper. Very good, and with mega block I can block very well. I struggle more with pushes to be low, but I guess it's my fault, not that of the blade.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2017, 04:20 

Blade: ANTI HERO
FH: PISTOL(1.00mm)
BH: VORTEX(1.2MM)
I play with 1.5 mm MB on Dr.Neubauer World Champion carbon blade. I tried nearly 20 blade. Best blade for Mega Block 1.5mm Dr.neubauer World champion carbon blade.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017, 05:14 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Mega Block 1.5 + Revolution is big deal !!! Amazing synergy :D :D
My game is more consistent and danger for opponents now.

Control is far better than Transformer! :rofl:
I can attack all pushed balls, which was lottery with Transformers :clap: :clap:
At the begining i had a problem with slow topspins, always hit in the net ! I solve this with push block, not only block.

Against hard topspin attack, my block fall on the table, which is big plus. This is generally problem with all defence rubbers, to block on the table, not over the table :headbang: . This rubber is the best for this because of its slow speed and ultra dampering sponge. :D

After some time, rubber has less friction. DMS Anti Cleaner back rubber in original condition (believe me :rock: !) with lot of spin reverse . Good job! :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 22:21 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
I have the following blades, which one is the best for slow best reversal bloks (throw as low as possible) ?
With Mega Blok 1.5 i prefer.

Donic Waldner Senso Carbon (or Ultra Carbon)
Donic Persson Power Senso v2

(except andro super core carbon light Off+, but i think it will be to uncontrolable and fast for mega blok... ?)

Thx for the great reviews and video's guys

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 05:23 

BJ20 wrote:
I have the following blades, which one is the best for slow best reversal bloks (throw as low as possible) ?
With Mega Blok 1.5 i prefer.

Donic Waldner Senso Carbon (or Ultra Carbon)
Donic Persson Power Senso v2

(except andro super core carbon light Off+, but i think it will be to uncontrolable and fast for mega blok... ?)

Thx for the great reviews and video's guys

I tried more than 10 different blades in last three years with Beast, Transformer and Mega Block. I was struggling, and all that blades had advantage and disadvantage. DMS Revolution is far the best one, because it is allround and ultra stiff. Other stiff blades are made for loops or hard attacks (OFF- or faster), which is not good for flanti, because you cannot block aggressive opponent's attacks with lot of control, because of wood's speed. Even some DrN blades are so fast for me, and i mark them in OFF- or OFF, not in ALL as manufacturer said. Thus, my advice is to get over money and buy one specialized blade like Revolution.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2017, 19:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
mataxxl wrote:
Mega Block 1.5 + Revolution is big deal !!! Amazing synergy :D :D
My game is more consistent and danger for opponents now.

Control is far better than Transformer! :rofl:
I can attack all pushed balls, which was lottery with Transformers :clap: :clap:
At the begining i had a problem with slow topspins, always hit in the net ! I solve this with push block, not only block.

Against hard topspin attack, my block fall on the table, which is big plus. This is generally problem with all defence rubbers, to block on the table, not over the table :headbang: . This rubber is the best for this because of its slow speed and ultra dampering sponge. :D

After some time, rubber has less friction. DMS Anti Cleaner back rubber in original condition (believe me :rock: !) with lot of spin reverse . Good job! :clap: :clap:

Have you tried 2mm with the revolution or would that be to slow?

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2017, 01:36 

peterpong wrote:
Have you tried 2mm with the revolution or would that be to slow?

I didnt try. I already have to push slightly against slow loops, so i suppose that 2.0 will be too slow, with less spin reverse which is bad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next