OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2016, 05:58 

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
Used 2.0 on the Revolution blade at morning training session. Blocking is much shorter. Amazed at how many seemingly long and high blocks suddenly dropped onto the table.

Less angle sensitivity in my opinion. Attacking serve is still easy. I agree with Def-attack that sometimes blocks are loaded with backspin and sometimes not. I think it has to do with the quality of ball contact. We'll figure it out soon I bet.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2016, 07:01 
Super User

FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
hm, its so strange what you are saying def-attack, i had no trouble whatsoever adjusting to the mb...infact, i had a new blade with it and immediately played a league match without a problem...

it can be that the mb is more sensitive with the faster carbonado 190 blade maybe...and my blocks are now more more deadly than with transformer...

what i also think is that revolution blade is less spin sensitive than destroyer...i noticed that when the sparing partners told me that my underspin serves are not that spinny like with destroyer...and i miss that...

i am now wandering how would mb be with destroyer, bcs my fh was working better there...but ofc i am afraid to remove the mb from revolution to try it there :(

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2016, 07:49 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
111Iceman111 wrote:
hm, its so strange what you are saying def-attack, i had no trouble whatsoever adjusting to the mb...infact, i had a new blade with it and immediately played a league match without a problem...

it can be that the mb is more sensitive with the faster carbonado 190 blade maybe...and my blocks are now more more deadly than with transformer...

what i also think is that revolution blade is less spin sensitive than destroyer...i noticed that when the sparing partners told me that my underspin serves are not that spinny like with destroyer...and i miss that...

i am now wandering how would mb be with destroyer, bcs my fh was working better there...but ofc i am afraid to remove the mb from revolution to try it there :(

I was practicing with this fellow (this is an old clip):
http://youtu.be/k-5w5wiXm4Y
I get nothing for free, he rarely misses when I use my anti, and he attacks rather flat and not with much spin. It might be different against other opponents.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2016, 08:12 
Super User

yes, it may be that...it really need spin to shine...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2016, 09:16 

Iceman, I was able to remove the 1.5 with no problem.

2.0 is better than 1.5 for me! In my afternoon training session today, I practiced with someone who spins a lot, and it was DEADLY. Attacking was easy, and I won quite a few 6-6 games (where the score starts at 6-6) against other team members.

I also learned something really good today - serve half-long so the ball can be looped by the opponent. They will have to loop it softly with a lot of arc (and therefore topspin). That benefits the anti.

This same pattern results from half-long blocks.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2016, 10:01 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
111Iceman111 wrote:

You know it has to be done :D

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2016, 10:15 
Super User

conradyoung wrote:
Iceman, I was able to remove the 1.5 with no problem.

2.0 is better than 1.5 for me! In my afternoon training session today, I practiced with someone who spins a lot, and it was DEADLY. Attacking was easy, and I won quite a few 6-6 games (where the score starts at 6-6) against other team members.

I also learned something really good today - serve half-long so the ball can be looped by the opponent. They will have to loop it softly with a lot of arc (and therefore topspin). That benefits the anti.

This same pattern results from half-long blocks.

dont tell me its better :@
what is better and what is worse? you didnt lose any underspin on blocks comparing to 1.5?

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2016, 11:55 

111Iceman111 wrote:
dont tell me its better :@
what is better and what is worse? you didnt lose any underspin on blocks comparing to 1.5?

Not sure if I lost underspin because I didn't practice with the same person. But I don't think I lost much if any. Wasn't someone going to test the different sponge thicknesses in a controlled setting?

I did some comparison last month with my robot for 1.0 and 1.5 Transformer. I put a towel on the other side of the table and blocked spinny loops from my robot. When the blocks landed on the towel they would spin back towards the net. This happened with all 3 available thicknesses of Transformer, and I didn't really see that much difference.

I suspect the same would be true for Mega-Block.

For me what's better is that the blocks are landing shorter. My BH is naturally very firm so that I need slightly thicker sponge as opposed to pulling the racket backwards at contact. You may have the skills to be able to do that. I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to do that consistently in a match.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2016, 19:01 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
Ok..
Equipment:
Blade: Nittaku Goriki Hinoky Super Drive (Off- blade)
FH: Nittaku Fastarc P-1 2.0mm
BH: Der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0
Amicus Robot Professional
Ball: Donic Coach 40+

First 1 h of training
Situation one
Block against top spin: set robot ball middle speed, spin 1/4 of max (like a not dangerous player) in BH near to centre table
Need to give a little power for launch the ball near to opposte table line; trajectory of ball, for me, a bit high (very dangerous against expert opponent!), no great reversal and disturbing ball
Without power, the ball dead sometime in my part of table, under the net, and sometime in the opposite table part, with a deadly ball very interesting, but without reversal.
I think TRANSFORMER give in this case more disturbing and reversal
Vote: Better TRANS than MB

Situation two
Block against top spin: set robot ball middle speed, spin 2/4 of max (like a middle player) in BH near to centre table
No need power for throw over the net, ball dead under the opposite part of table under the net with a trajectory not too high, reversal is good but not amazing (but in real situation it's normal: normal player don't give dangerous spin at the ball)
Easy to push if i give power at my bat with a wrist's movement like a fast "slap"; control is better tha TRANSFORMER
Vote: Better MB than TRANS

Situation three
Block against top spin: set robot ball speed mid/high, spin 3/4 of max (like a very expert and dangerous player) in BH near to centre table
Need to amortise the power ball with the racket and hand for give a very dangerous deadly ball in the opposite part of table.
Isn't a simple movement, for to made need a lot of sensibility in the hand/arm and a righ body position, but the effect it's very very amazing (i think causes by my blade): great reversal and short trajectory, i think impossible for a real opponent to duplicate the top spin.
With a good training and experience is more easy than TRANFORMER, even if TRANSFORMER give a "crazy" and unpredictable trajectory in same situation.
Vote:
1- for simplicity better MB than TRANSFORMER
2- equal for reverse at the last
3- for shorting shot better MB than TRANSFORMER but need "handle" with fast blade (but for my game i like off blade.. i attack every balls... no wait, finding final shot in a rally: i use FANTI for open the game and for switch from defender fase to attack fase immediately)
4- for unpredictable and floating trajectory better TRANSFORMER than MB

For today it's all.. at the next episode...

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2016, 05:55 
Super User

great, thanks a lot for that analysis...

something similar is what i found out too...that no spin balls is easier to attack with mb than with transformer though...

now, if you would compare 1.5 with 2.0 mb version, you would be my personal hero :party: :rock: :* :clap: :rofl:

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2016, 06:02 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Is there any information about durability of MB?
Is surface layer thin like on Transformer?

For example, after couple of months my Transformer don't work good now. Plays like standard anti. Blocks often go over the table, and sometimes i send high blocks without control. :@
Opponents told me that they don't have problem to attack on Transformer as before, but they don't understand why. :punch:
Surface layer is not frictionless any more, and has a lot of dark points on the top. It is obvious, because i have rest of cutting and may compare....looks like plastic the topsheet turned into the rubber seems to me. :headbang:

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2016, 06:05 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
111Iceman111 wrote:

now, if you would compare 1.5 with 2.0 mb version, you would be my personal hero :party: :rock: :* :clap: :rofl:

Mine, too :rofl: :rofl: :D
This is big dilemma, 1.5 or 2.0. :sweat:

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2016, 08:17 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
I haven't notice about MB durability, but i hope that will be better than TRANSFORMER; if durability will not longer, i'll stop to buy DER MATERIALSPEZIALIST FANTI, better to use another brand like Dr. and upgrade rubber like A.B.S. with a slower sponge: it's simple to do and ABS got a new life.. i tried this when a team buddy permit to use a blade with that modified rubber (modification legal).

@mataxxi
I used very hard for 2 months my TRANSFORMER and your impression is right.. TRANSFORMER give a full effect and reversal for about 40/60h of game.. and DMS CLEANER rebuild not the original quality of rubber after this time.. 50 € + 10 € (rubber + cleaner) it's too expensive for a FANTI every 2 months!! :@

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2016, 11:23 

Blade: MSP Revolution
FH: MSP L.S.D 1.0
BH: MSP Mega Block 1.5
Does anyone know if AA is still using short pips with his current Revolution blade and MB 1.5 setup? Or more specifically, what type of short pips is he using and at what thickness?

Thanks in advance, Amir is my hero :)

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2016, 12:52 

In my observation MB is more readily restorable with the MSP cleaner.

After a session with a particularly spinny training partner I noticed that there was a spot in the center of the paddle where the rubber definitely had a little more friction.

After applying the Pro Anti-clean the frictionless properties were restored, and subjectively lasted longer than with Transformer.

I would like to call attention to the fact that the Sandwind Anti advertises a "sanded surface" treatment to reduce friction. Maybe if we try sanding an old sheet of Transformer it would come back to life?

Ragnolo wrote:
I haven't notice about MB durability, but i hope that will be better than TRANSFORMER; if durability will not longer, i'll stop to buy DER MATERIALSPEZIALIST FANTI, better to use another brand like Dr. and upgrade rubber like A.B.S. with a slower sponge: it's simple to do and ABS got a new life.. i tried this when a team buddy permit to use a blade with that modified rubber (modification legal).

@mataxxi
I used very hard for 2 months my TRANSFORMER and your impression is right.. TRANSFORMER give a full effect and reversal for about 40/60h of game.. and DMS CLEANER rebuild not the original quality of rubber after this time.. 50 € + 10 € (rubber + cleaner) it's too expensive for a FANTI every 2 months!! :@

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next