OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 00:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2017, 22:09 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
After 1 month with MB and hard training with team buddies and continuous practice with my robot, i improve very well my BH rallies with MB.
It's funny when i see opponents in panic room, coz with a simple BH movement i can send fast floating balls near to end line of table.
This is the very surprise for me.. fast floating balls are useful than blocks with MB.
Buddies said me that i don't use MB like a simple defensive frictionless rubber, just for only block or service reply, but like a true offensive rubber when i push my BH near to end line of the table.
The balls have unpredictable trajectory, very low and if the opponent don't use a right movement ball go under the net. The effect of my BH pushing is like when you smash the ball with a movement like a hammer blow: the ball floating after the rebound on the table.
Now i need to improve my FH with MB in same type of rally, but it's very hard for me to use MB in my FH; i lost completely control.
Why i improve this BH shot?
Coz many people now know the right strategy against frictionless rubber: top spin without spin, simple linear balls in BH for search MB, services fast and more... all without spin.
My solution is: improve MB's utilisation like a normal rubber in rallies without spin or power.
I hope to be clear, sorry for my english.

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2017, 23:03 

The no effect balls are what we have to deal with... one solution is to be able to drive the MB on these balles ; another solution is tu turn the racket in the hand to play with backside, and you also can these balls with your backside forehand.
I would be interested in who choose the solution 1, 2 or 3, and what difficulties you have in each case ?

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2017, 23:30 

popette59 wrote:
The no effect balls are what we have to deal with... one solution is to be able to drive the MB on these balles ; another solution is tu turn the racket in the hand to play with backside, and you also can these balls with your backside forehand.
I would be interested in who choose the solution 1, 2 or 3, and what difficulties you have in each case ?

For me, the best solution against no effect balls would be the 2nd, need only to improve to turn racket in the hand, but only if it's possible to made top spin BH or FH to another attack shot.
The first solution is really useful for prepare the second step or when you aren't able to turn the racket in the hand.
I use the first solution for prepare my BH top spin, but it's important too to improve MB control in BH rally: need to wait right ball for send the attack.
Difficulties
1- not easy to got right continuity in control: after 1 month of hard work i'm satisfied by my BH control in rallies with MB
2- not easy to turn racket in handle: but it's a necessary step for improve frictionless rubber tech: i work in this step, but i have many problems. Sometime after the racket's turn the angle isn't right and... ;(
3- i don't understand what you mean... sorry.. :(

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2017, 00:26 

I forgot a word... the solution 3 is simply attack the no effect ball with the forehand, in backside, just make a topspin. The problem is time, for now I'm not able to prepare my forehand fast enough.

A question is boring me... no doubt that mega block is as disturbing as the beast ? Some players say the opposite...

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2017, 00:38 

popette59 wrote:
I forgot a word... the solution 3 is simply attack the no effect ball with the forehand, in backside, just make a topspin. The problem is time, for now I'm not able to prepare my forehand fast enough.

A question is boring me... no doubt that mega block is as disturbing as the beast ? Some players say the opposite...

The 3rd solution is good too: attack attack and attack is the "mantra" even if you have an anti rubber.

For your last question: i don't know if beast is better than MB, i can say that ABS with customized sponge as better disturb than MB or TRANSFORMER.

The Ultimate Light Saber

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2017, 00:59 

Neubauer ABS ? and what sponge ? and how is it to control, easy or difficult ?

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2017, 01:06 

popette59 wrote:
Neubauer ABS ? and what sponge ? and how is it to control, easy or difficult ?

Yes.. Dr. Neubauer ABS...
I tried with 2.0 sponge... but maybe wrong choice and the rubber was too slow for me.
But i know player who uses this rubber and they say: "great frictionless"

The Ultimate Light Saber

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2017, 16:55 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
I finally got a MB 2.0 glued on today! And it seems... not too terribly different overall from transformer. I didn't play much with it so far, however.

Also I wonder, seeing as how AA and Luka seemingly change their frictionless anti rubbers (specific anti, not simply new sheets of the same) pretty often -- is there really much of a difference between them all? Or is it like tenergy 05/80/64/25 in comparison? Just minor points here and there, that a lowbie like me can't appreciate?

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2017, 23:42 

I see a huge difference between one tenergy to another, anyway... I haven't tried Mega block yet, but it seems that the disturbing effect and general behaviour remains the same from each to another DMS anti, but the control is better and better. How it is possible or real I don't know... will tell you when I will have tested MB in a few days.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2017, 04:01 
Super User

popette59 wrote:
I see a huge difference between one tenergy to another, anyway... I haven't tried Mega block yet, but it seems that the disturbing effect and general behaviour remains the same from each to another DMS anti, but the control is better and better. How it is possible or real I don't know... will tell you when I will have tested MB in a few days.

What exactly does that mean? Everyone seems to be saying 'more control' -- is that from lower speed? Greater impact reduction from the sponge/topsheet? More grip on the top sheet?

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2017, 04:58 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
i have written that somewhere in the topic...

MB has harder topsheet than transformer...that give you more control because shots are more linear and a bit slower...on transformer when you got a slow ball it rebounded slow, but when you got a faster ball it rebounded much faster...and it was difficult to know where that threshold is...it was very hard to return fastest balls because ball would penetrate the sponge and got to the blade and because of that rebounded out of the table...on MB that is much better and it give you sense of control...and durability is also better bcs of that so its win win situation...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2017, 05:45 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:
i have written that somewhere in the topic...

MB has harder topsheet than transformer...that give you more control because shots are more linear and a bit slower...on transformer when you got a slow ball it rebounded slow, but when you got a faster ball it rebounded much faster...and it was difficult to know where that threshold is...it was very hard to return fastest balls because ball would penetrate the sponge and got to the blade and because of that rebounded out of the table...on MB that is much better and it give you sense of control...and durability is also better bcs of that so its win win situation...

Side by side, transformer looks like it has a much longer pip structure as well. The top sheet being thicker on transformer, that is.

So essentially, the mega-block plays slower all the time as a result?

The reason being, I had bought about 6 sheets of transformer earlier... now everyone says to use mega block! :lol: :headbang:

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017, 02:22 

Send me one before you put them in the fire ! :devil: the question is : why did you buy 6 transformers ?? Do you change them often ?

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017, 04:55 
Super User

popette59 wrote:
Send me one before you put them in the fire ! :devil: the question is : why did you buy 6 transformers ?? Do you change them often ?

I bought them prior to mega block being released -- I also have a TON of blades that I wanted to try them out on. And truth be told, I don't have any problems with transformer! Aside from the fact that it is hard to attack top spin with... but that's more of a general note on all frictionless rubbers. Once I made the mental adjustment to alter the play style, that part doesn't really bother me too much anymore.

So far, I've just been using my 2.0 megablock for trick catches on the paddle! Hit the ball way up in the air, and catch it on the rubber without having it bounce at all. Like a soft craddling, for a cozy landing.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2017, 18:20 

I have a question for all users of mega block and other DMS frictionless antis ! What would be the specifications of the ideal blade for it ? @AA ? To play an attacking game with the forehand, topspins/agressive blocks/flat smashes, prepare the attack with the anti and block if opponent can make the first topspin.
I don't want one reference on the market, but the caracteristics, compared to other famous blade, for example Stiga because they are well known for decades, in order that I can have an idea.

Construction : 5 plys ? 7 plys ?
Fast like : clipper ? offensive classic ? allround classic ?
Stiff or flex ? like : clipper ? offensive classic ? allround classic ?
Outer ply : hard ? soft ? limba ? walnut ? another idea ?
Carbon or not ? outer ? inner ?

Some manufacturers can make the blade which you dream... but you have to tell him what to make !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next