OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 09:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 09:27 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
so, i have a couple of questions...

i am playing with destroyer and transformer 1.5mm...

if i take MB 1.5mm it will be slower than transformer 1.5mm?

how big of a difference is between 1.5mm vs 2.0mm in spinreversal and control department...

why is MB better on revolution than on destroyer? destroyer was also advertised as hard outer layer with low throw ideal for glanti...and is more expensive ...

is MB more durable than transformer?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 10:11 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
Hey Iceman, from AA's answer to my questions, I am hoping that 1.5mm MB is in between 1.0 Transformer and 1.5 Transformer in blocking speed.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 10:55 
Super User

i think not...

i understood that is slower, so 1.5mm MB would be as 1.8mm transformer...correct me if i am wrong AA and pls answer my previous questions if you can...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 10:59 

OK then I am hoping that 1.5mm MB is not faster than 1.5 Transformer in blocking speed but with more speed available for attacking strokes.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 16:13 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
conradyoung wrote:
OK then I am hoping that 1.5mm MB is not faster than 1.5 Transformer in blocking speed but with more speed available for attacking strokes.

Look at DMS website, Transformer is graded 35 in speed and 100 in control. Megablock has 30 in speed and 105 in control.

For ordinary rubbers and LP a black rubber is normally slightly softer than a red version of the sam rubber. The red color is said to make the rubber harder.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 17:07 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
@Ragnolo- i really dont know! i always have played red on my BH to add a confusing effect, as red is associated with forehand. you really would have to try. back in the days some frictionless pimples were only available in red, because the creation of slickness through UV ligt worked far better with red than black.

111Iceman111 wrote:
so, i have a couple of questions...

i am playing with destroyer and transformer 1.5mm...

if i take MB 1.5mm it will be slower than transformer 1.5mm?

how big of a difference is between 1.5mm vs 2.0mm in spinreversal and control department...

why is MB better on revolution than on destroyer? destroyer was also advertised as hard outer layer with low throw ideal for glanti...and is more expensive ...

is MB more durable than transformer?

MB is definitely slower than transformer, no doubt! its really hard to answer that question without measurable units. i would say that that its a noticeable difference, but not one thats revolutionary...similar like the difference between transformer 1.5 and 1.0
so go for 2.0 if you want more control and even shorter but slightly higher blocks or 1.5 if you want more reversal. luka apparantly plays 2.0- dont know if that still is the case
it is better on revolution because MB generally has a higher throw. on destroyer it was too high for my liking with no spin balls, so revolution neutralises this, given that its throw is lower. MB 1.0 is still substantially slower on revolution than on destroyer, revolution is only a super small tad faster than destroyer in general.

@conrad young: the rubber doesnt suddenly accelerate when attacking :) but you can always do the motion with more body/hand/armpower to compensate- thats what i do.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 20:06 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
@AA
Thanks a lot for your answer..
:up:

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 23:11 
Super User

ok, i see, tnx...

is the difference in spin reversal from 2.0 to 1.5 noticeable? if i am not using anti for attacking, should i order 2.0mm and not think about thinner at all?

i dont want to order 3 different thickness one after another anymore, like i did with transformer :?:

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2016, 03:12 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
ok, i see, tnx...

is the difference in spin reversal from 2.0 to 1.5 noticeable? if i am not using anti for attacking, should i order 2.0mm and not think about thinner at all?

i dont want to order 3 different thickness one after another anymore, like i did with transformer :?:

My 1,0 mm is on its way. I might be able to help once I have it. But I only played a couple of times with 1,0 Transformer on my current blade. But I can compare it to 1,5 mm Transformer.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2016, 05:30 
Super User

i know about transformer, i tried it all..

i am asking about MB...i would like to have maximum control of 2.0 but dont want to sacrifice much spin reversal for it...

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2016, 05:36 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
i know about transformer, i tried it all..

i am asking about MB...i would like to have maximum control of 2.0 but dont want to sacrifice much spin reversal for it...

I meant that I can compare 1,0 mm MB with 1,5 mm Transformer on the same blade soon. That might help.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2016, 06:28 
Super User

aha, yes it might.. :up:

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2016, 06:37 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
111Iceman111 wrote:
ok, i see, tnx...

is the difference in spin reversal from 2.0 to 1.5 noticeable?

its approx like the difference between transformer 1.5 and 1.0

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2016, 08:25 
Super User

so its noticable :lol:

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2016, 09:11 

Nothing in life is for free! LOL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next