OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2016, 00:53 

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
Def-attack wrote:
it must have been like when you block too close to the bounce - the spin reversal gets lost.

Def-attack, maybe it is because of the blade. When I block close to the bounce, the effect is not lost. In fact it is sometimes greater in terms of spin.

What does change with blocking close to the bounce is that the ball is a bit faster. Blocking at the top of the bounce tends to produce a slower and shorter ball which can be more deadly for the opponent.

Iceman, what difference do you see in blocking off the bounce vs. at the top of the bounce?

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2016, 01:44 
Super User

FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
hm, i didnt test it...

i dont even know where i am blocking the ball :rofl:

i will pay more attention on next training and report...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2016, 01:59 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
OK..
Now i have all type of MB.. from 1.0 to 2.0mm
I'll try in my 2 Nittaku Goriki Super Drive and after i'll post here my impressions and comparison between MB and Transformer..

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2016, 02:11 

Blade: TSP Balsa 5.5 All+
FH: Nittaku Beautry 1.8mm
BH: S&T Hellfire ox
Hi Ragnolo,

Will you be posting any videos?

Setup3: Blade: DMS Destroyer FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: DMS Transformer 1.5

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2016, 02:23 

I don't know for all type of rubber mm...
Need time... and i haven't...
But for my final choice it's possible..

I have an idea: i'll use my Amicus Prof for testing the MB qualities: control, reversal and velocity..
Test 1 with low spin and low power by Amicus Prof
Test 2 with middle spin and low power
Test 3 with high spin and low power
e.c. for all combinations..
Hard work!!

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2016, 21:53 
Super User

do it for the community :rock:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2016, 16:00 

Group training today for 5 hours. Had two practice partners.

One had a strong down the line forehand fast loop against topspin that I had great difficulty blocking with MB. Coach said I was taking the ball too close to the bounce, so I need to continue to work on that.

Another had long pips and I went to town attacking. This really is some of the best attacking antispin rubber I've ever seen.

One note: after attacking so many balls so hard, the surface of the rubber had a couple of spots where there was more friction. After using the MSP cleaner, it's back to being frictionless. I do think this is an improvement over Transformer which the cleaner didn't always work 100% on.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2016, 18:43 

Quote:
One note: after attacking so many balls so hard, the surface of the rubber had a couple of spots where there was more friction. After using the MSP cleaner, it's back to being frictionless. I do think this is an improvement over Transformer which the cleaner didn't always work 100% on.

It's a good news!!! :up:

Maybe AA can confirm that MB isn't like TRANSFORMER and MB is more durable than TRANSFORMER..
At the end I hope coz my transformer, even if i clean with specific DMS cleaner, after 50/60 h of hard training, It has an appreciable decay of performance... this is very bad and expensive... ;(
And if MB confirm this.. i'll switch in other FANTI like Dr. A.B.S. with change of sponge..

The Ultimate Light Saber

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2016, 21:48 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
conradyoung wrote:

One had a strong down the line forehand fast loop against topspin that I had great difficulty blocking with MB. Coach said I was taking the ball too close to the bounce, so I need to continue to work on that.

Another had long pips and I went to town attacking. This really is some of the best attacking antispin rubber I've ever seen.

which ball?

if you upload vids i will always give you feedback ;)

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2016, 22:48 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Ragnolo wrote:
OK..
Now i have all type of MB.. from 1.0 to 2.0mm
I'll try in my 2 Nittaku Goriki Super Drive and after i'll post here my impressions and comparison between MB and Transformer..

It will be very interesting to see MB in 2.0. Especially because Luka will use this thickness 2.0 on Revolution blade.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2016, 00:12 

AA wrote:
conradyoung wrote:

which ball?

if you upload vids i will always give you feedback ;)

Very good question. The ball used was Butterfly Easy Ball. It's similar to G40+ in that there is less spin. However, the surface is quite grippy. I hope that doesn't have an impact on the ability to attack with MB.

And nobody records videos at my club. To me that's a good thing. I've seen clubs where parents get too crazy about their kids. Too much drama.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2016, 01:50 
Super User

i recorded mine with my phone, you can do it too :up:

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2016, 07:12 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Today I had my first brief session with Mega Block 1,5 mm. Much better than 1,0 mm! Attacking was about the same as 1,0, maybe more easy with the thin version. Blocking was far better with 1,5 mm. When I got the angle right blocks was low and loaded with backspin and also short. Great!
In short game and against low spin shots I think MegaBlock has a little more grip than Transformer and is less difficult for your opponent but, because of this extra grip, less difficult for you to handle :). This means that your number of unforced errors will become less in low spin game, compared to playing with Transformer. And, like I said above, attacking is far more easy.
So, conclusion: MegaBlock compared to Transformer, has some more grip that occurs when you want it, but without loosing much (if any) spin reversal when blocking or recieving serves. More control at the cost of slightly less deception. I can't tell if MB is slower than Transformer, they feel very similar. Really looking forward to next session :)

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2016, 07:39 

Def-attack wrote:
Today I had my first brief session with Mega Block 1,5 mm. Much better than 1,0 mm! Attacking was about the same as 1,0, maybe more easy with the thin version. Blocking was far better with 1,5 mm. When I got the angle right blocks was low and loaded with backspin and also short. Great!
In short game and against low spin shots I think MegaBlock has a little more grip than Transformer and is less difficult for your opponent but, because of this extra grip, less difficult for you to handle :). This means that your number of unforced errors will become less in low spin game, compared to playing with Transformer. And, like I said above, attacking is far more easy.
So, conclusion: MegaBlock compared to Transformer, has some more grip that occurs when you want it, but without loosing much (if any) spin reversal when blocking or recieving serves. More control at the cost of slightly less deception. I can't tell if MB is slower than Transformer, they feel very similar. Really looking forward to next session :)

Def-attack your comments are very interesting regarding friction on low spin vs high spin balls. This reminds me of physics lessons on the coefficient of dynamic friction vs the coefficient of static friction. In general it is easier for the ball to slip on the rubber when it is high spin. The amount of difference can vary from one anti to the next. As practitioners of the dark side :-) we must master this difference to vanquish our opponents!

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2016, 01:03 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I had my 2nd session with 1,5 mm today and with my most common partner (who is very good against pips/anti). He noticed that MB is slower and lower arc, meaning that ball flight is shorter and therefore it has shorter time in the air to do crazy stuff. He thought that returns from Transformer are more awkward.
I had some difficulties blocking... I noticed I need a lighter touch at blocks to get the same spin reversal as with Transformer. I lightly move my bat upwards or sideways when blocking, that slows the ball and make blocks better I think. Spin reversal Is mor unpredictable from MB than Transformer, sometimes massive but sometimes low.
Also, I need to close my bat a little more when attacking (due to slightly more friction than Transformer?).
It is not that easy to just change from Transformer to MB, I'm gonna need a couple of more sessions. I still miss many blocks (too short or too long). But I will keep it at least past next weekend when I have a competition.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next