OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:51

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2017, 02:44 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
this is a copy paste from my post from my blog viewtopic.php?f=58&t=30617&start=60#p331591

"i had reservations about putting and removing MB on the blades not to ruin it as we all know how fragile the rubber is, so i did the following, which can help someone in the future...
i bought a glue sheet with it and glued the sheet to my glass table...i then removed it...and repeated the procedure around 20 times...just stick it and remove it...what i accomplished is that now i got a sticky surface that goes on the blade side, but not so sticky that it grips so hard when i try to remove it it would wrinkle the anti...

and than i removed the top part of the sticky sheet and glued the anti to it...now i had the anti prepared... "

you can varnish the wood with a thin layer too if u like...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2017, 04:03 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:
this is a copy paste from my post from my blog viewtopic.php?f=58&t=30617&start=60#p331591

"i had reservations about putting and removing MB on the blades not to ruin it as we all know how fragile the rubber is, so i did the following, which can help someone in the future...
i bought a glue sheet with it and glued the sheet to my glass table...i then removed it...and repeated the procedure around 20 times...just stick it and remove it...what i accomplished is that now i got a sticky surface that goes on the blade side, but not so sticky that it grips so hard when i try to remove it it would wrinkle the anti...

and than i removed the top part of the sticky sheet and glued the anti to it...now i had the anti prepared... "

you can varnish the wood with a thin layer too if u like...

Do you think if I bought a butterfly glue sheet, stuck it onto my blade, then stuck the MB on that, that once the MB is ready to be replaced I could rip off the MB and then to easily remove the glue sheet I could use a hairdryer and scrape off the glue sheet and replace everything without damaging the blade?

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2017, 04:11 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
^^i would varnish the blade for certain mate.ive damaged loads when removing rubbers.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2017, 04:15 
Super User

peterpong wrote:
^^i would varnish the blade for certain mate.ive damaged loads when removing rubbers.

Would it work if I didn't varnish the blade, put a layer of butterfly glue chack on the blade, let it completely dry, then stick the glue sheet to the MB rubber, then stick the MB to the blade? Then when I want to remove without damaging the blade I could heat it up? Because the only time I would remove the MB is when I'm attaching a fresh rubber.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2017, 04:39 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
ridderz65 wrote:
peterpong wrote:

Would it work if I didn't varnish the blade, put a layer of butterfly glue chack on the blade, let it completely dry, then stick the glue sheet to the MB rubber, then stick the MB to the blade? Then when I want to remove without damaging the blade I could heat it up? Because the only time I would remove the MB is when I'm attaching a fresh rubber.

I think most of my blades are sealed when purchased, but I'm not entirely sure. I haven't had much issue with glue sheets damaging the actual blades so far. The real problem with MB is getting it to separate from the glue sheet. I had been using a very thin layer of rubber cement on the blade, then applying the glue sheet. And that seemed to work fine as well.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2017, 04:43 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
ridderz65 wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:
I've never used slick anti like this before. Can someone tell me exactly the best way of attaching it to the blade?
Do I need to varnish the blade?
Do I need glue?
A glue sheet?

Can someone explain exactly how to attach this best to my blade?

I'm getting it in 1.5mm sponge.

Thanks!

After having done it several ways -- I think the general thought now is to attach it ONLY using a gluesheet - probably the butterfly glue sheet. Don't use the base glue to go on the blade (if you plan to remove it at any point, keeping it in good condition - these are prone to wrinkling severely when removing otherwise)

Do I need to varnish the blade before attaching with a butterfly glue sheet? Also, I've never used a glue sheet before. Do I stick the glue sheet to the blade and then roll the rubber on? Or do I stick the glue sheet to the rubber prior to attaching to the blade? How do I attach MB using a glue sheet? And do I varnish the blade?

Thanks

MB comes with their instructions on how to attach everything (the red paper in the packaging of MB). What I do is put the glue sheet onto the sponge, uncut and before any gluing, then just press that onto the blade so I can line it up a bit better. MB is very rigid itself, so it's not like other rubbers or LP that bend and fold when trying to apply it to the the blade. You're basically trying to lay a thin hardcover book onto the blade! Or so it feels... Then I use a roller over the top to make sure everything is pushed down tight.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2017, 04:55 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
ridderz65 wrote:
peterpong wrote:

im not sure.my match blade is wrecked anyway from chopblocking and catching the table. :D

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2017, 05:30 
Super User

skilless_slapper wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:
peterpong wrote:

I think most of my blades are sealed when purchased, but I'm not entirely sure. I haven't had much issue with glue sheets damaging the actual blades so far. The real problem with MB is getting it to separate from the glue sheet. I had been using a very thin layer of rubber cement on the blade, then applying the glue sheet. And that seemed to work fine as well.

I think I will try to attach it with a thin layer of liquid glue on the blade, then attach a glue sheet to the MB and stick it to the blade. Is the best glue sheet to use the Butterfly Chack Sheet?

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2017, 05:38 
Super User

Also, what do you guys use to apply the pro anti clean?

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2017, 07:27 
Super User

i told you what to do...if you dont want to listen and do it your way its your right also... :worried:

if you do it "my" way, everything will be ok and you will be able to remove the anti WITH gluesheet easily when needed...thats what i can vouch for...

if you do it differently and need to remove it, you have instruction how to do it without damaging the anti on my blog and my youtube channel... :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2017, 07:50 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:
i told you what to do...if you dont want to listen and do it your way its your right also... :worried:

if you do it "my" way, everything will be ok and you will be able to remove the anti WITH gluesheet easily when needed...thats what i can vouch for...

if you do it differently and need to remove it, you have instruction how to do it without damaging the anti on my blog and my youtube channel... :up:

I will give your way a try :) do you not use liquid glue at all? And do you not seal the blade?

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2017, 05:20 
Super User

i dont...i am afraid to alter the playing characteristics...

no glue needed...sticky sheet is too sticky anyway (maybe the btty one is not, didnt test it)...

if you do it my way, you will ensure that when you are removing the rubber, the sticky sheet will stay on the sponge and away from the blade...so you can reuse it and try on several blades in one training session...

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017, 02:41 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80
Hi I'm newbie in antispin rubber, I have a time boll Alc what is the best antispin rubber for my blade? With a shortest block and best spin reversal :D

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017, 16:54 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Joewilmar wrote:
Hi I'm newbie in antispin rubber, I have a time boll Alc what is the best antispin rubber for my blade? With a shortest block and best spin reversal :D

Start with the blade you have. Your FH must work as well. If you like MB then try the Revolution blade of the same brand as MB.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017, 17:26 

Blade: Carbon off-
FH: Tensor or SP
BH: MediumPip
Hey def attack, he asked for an Anti, not for a new blade

As the ALC is rather fast, use a thickness of 1.5/1.8
If u wanna play more aggresive go thinne later

Dr.N Bison in 1.8mm is fine, also good for attacking

Megablock is super slow, but i didnt like the reversal maybe its just my sheet

Greetz

Blade: <SPINLORD Ultra Carbon ST>
FH: <DMS Burnout 1.8mm | YASAKA RD 2.3mm>
BH: <DR.N Aggressor 1.3mm

From Germany, active on http://www.noppen-test.de and happy to translate German->English

Style of Play: Two-Winged Twiddling Allround Game

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!