OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 19:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2017, 07:09 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
MB in 1.5 has indeed more spin reversal, and than, 1.0 even more...i tried them all...

i was afraid of the hard loops of the players i am facing too, so i tried to play with thicker sponge...but imo, that is not the solution...

your game slows down and the reverse is lower, so in retrospect, the "better" player have more time to prepare for the "killer" shot which you cant return anyway even with a thicker MB...

so my answer to that is play with a thinner sponge and faster blade and practice to make the blocks on the table...and be more aggressive with bh...

all that being said, i am thinking of switching to sp because of all, to speed up my game and be less susceptible to different plastic balls...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2017, 19:12 

Blade: TSP Balsa 5.5 All+
FH: Nittaku Beautry 1.8mm
BH: S&T Hellfire ox
Hi Iceman,

Didn't you just have your best season with flanti?
What is making you want to change and how will you decide if the new set-up is working?

Thanks

Setup3: Blade: DMS Destroyer FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: DMS Transformer 1.5

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017, 03:14 

Blade: Stiga Hypertech 35/45
FH: Nittaku G-1 Max
BH: Butterfy SuperAnti 2.0 mm
Appreciate the feedvack, 111Iceman111.
I will see how I'll feel in the tournament next weekend.
I tend to want to stick with thicker sponge though.
One other thing is, I always intended my anti play to look like normal inverted rubber play.
That's why I never really used those 'ugly' pushes against backspin ball, but rather imparted deceptive topspins.
The slower flight and timing after the bounce confuse the opponent, and also provide me with time to attack from the forehand next.

FYI, I have also tried to switch to sp or mp, as well as inverted through the years, but I always got bored eventually.
I'm afraid once you taste anti, it's hard to go back :P There is something magical about it ❣️

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017, 18:27 
Super User

v02man wrote:
Hi Iceman,

i did not:)
i had about average...best season i had when i played with DG...

v02man wrote:
What is making you want to change and how will you decide if the new set-up is working?

what i already stated...1st, the durability and money i spent is killing me...2nd, i didnt get what i initially wanted out of the rubber, to be more dangerous and be able to beat better players than me...it is my fault probably, bcs AA can do it, but i simply cant return the serve aggressive enough for the good 3rd ball attacking player not be able to kill me with his 3rd ball...the ball from anti is simply too slow...and 3rd, maybe most important for me, i neglected my FH since i am playing with MB...with ox lp, i always knew when i chop blocked a ball how much spin there is on it and will the opponent be able to loop it once more or he will have to push it back...that gave me time in advance to step around my bh and wait for a killer spin with my fh...with anti, you dont have any feeling on the ball, you never know how much underspin is on it, so you never know what the opponent will do in advance, so it made me much more passive which i dont like...

all other reasons are just a little annoyances...like inability to remove the rubber from the blade, constant cleaning with dms cleaner to "restore" the slickness (being accused of treating the rubber in a league match bcs of it once ;( ), etc...

i have two short pips players in my team, and i really like how they play and how the opponents struggle with their shots...they are less dependent on the spin differences of this new plastic shitty balls we are all forced to play...i already tried to play with sp 10 years ago, but since then i had developed much more shots in my arsenal so i will probably try it once more...if that doesnt work, i can always go back to my trusted ox lp :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017, 18:42 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
111Iceman111 wrote:
v02man wrote:
Hi Iceman,

v02man wrote:

what i already stated...1st, the durability and money i spent is killing me...2nd, i didnt get what i initially wanted out of the rubber, to be more dangerous and be able to beat better players than me...it is my fault probably, bcs AA can do it, but i simply cant return the serve aggressive enough for the good 3rd ball attacking player not be able to kill me with his 3rd ball...the ball from anti is simply too slow...and 3rd, maybe most important for me, i neglected my FH since i am playing with MB...with ox lp, i always knew when i chop blocked a ball how much spin there is on it and will the opponent be able to loop it once more or he will have to push it back...that gave me time in advance to step around my bh and wait for a killer spin with my fh...with anti, you dont have any feeling on the ball, you never know how much underspin is on it, so you never know what the opponent will do in advance, so it made me much more passive which i dont like...

all other reasons are just a little annoyances...like inability to remove the rubber from the blade, constant cleaning with dms cleaner to "restore" the slickness (being accused of treating the rubber in a league match bcs of it once ;( ), etc...

i have two short pips players in my team, and i really like how they play and how the opponents struggle with their shots...they are less dependent on the spin differences of this new plastic shitty balls we are all forced to play...i already tried to play with sp 10 years ago, but since then i had developed much more shots in my arsenal so i will probably try it once more...if that doesnt work, i can always go back to my trusted ox lp :up:

Did you try a faster anti? Like Spin parasite or Gorilla?

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017, 19:12 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
I'm back to my old LP rubber; how i said time ago, stop with MB or TRANSFORMER, even if i played for a bit with ABS (better than MB/TRANSFORMER: short life, expensive, specific cleaner... not good).
Why i switch to LB?
Tired to play with a too passive rubber, even if my score isn't so bad (my ratio W/L upgrade from 55% to 68%).
I preferred to play with a LP coz at the last i can choose from many strategies; i'm thinking also to play with a MP in next time (just to try a new experience, maybe Nittaku Super Do Knuckle... why Nittaku? Coz they have a constantly quality in rubber: with my HELLFIRE i have been problem in this, even if i love HELLFIRE rubber).
For now i play with HELLFIRE + 0.5 Toni Hold sponge over Nittaku Goriki SD Blade or Nittaku Goriki (blade for LP) and i'm very satisfied: at the last the result not are the only one important thing, i need to be happy when i play, and with frictionless, my game's happiness was not high.

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017, 20:04 
Super User

Hi guys,

My friend tried out the mega block for a couple hour session and has decided straight away its not for him so he's asked me to sell it on my eBay for him as he doesn't have an account.

It's all brand new stuff, Revolution blade, 1.5mm red Mega block, a full bottle of pro anti clean and a new butterfly glue sheet.

Here's the link, he will consider offers too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272611519735

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017, 21:38 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80
111Iceman111 wrote:
v02man wrote:
Hi Iceman,

v02man wrote:

I think the point of playing with frictionless slick anti is like playing with a dead rubber which is have no spin at all. The main question is will that dead rubber will be dead forever or will it become spinnier? I think if we bought MB or transformer it will be a last long life rubber if the principal of dead rubber applied he he he :"))

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2017, 08:38 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
111Iceman111 wrote:
v02man wrote:
Hi Iceman,

v02man wrote:

About the same reasons I had... the final being, when I was removing a sheet of transformer from my garaydia ZLC -- it tore off a good chunk of the wood, right in the sweet spot!!!! It was a TSP glue sheet that was sent to me, and didn't feel very sticky at all. But my lord, when I saw those splinters come off and the divots on the surface of my beloved zlc... even though the transformer came off fairly unscathed and could have easily been used again, I just tossed it right into the trash :@

The rubber works very well for its intended purpose, although it's a bit like having a high maintenance girlfriend. Cool at first to be with the pretty gal -- but not too long after dating, you get fed up with all their crap! Good looks or not, they just ain't worth it :lol:

You might like the spinlord gipfelsturm -- it essentially kills off spin and can be used like an LP against back spin balls. Against top spin balls it sends back no spin or very slight reversal. Good for directional blocking and attack pushes/chops.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2017, 06:39 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I tried to keep a scientiffic approach to testing anti's concerning blocking length and back spin. So I let a robot and fixed bats decide (all 4 testet on Stiga CArbonado 190, and all but Mega-Block 1,5 mm tested on Revolution blade). Mega-Block 1,5 mm has by far the shortest blocks, even shorter on Carbonado than Revolution ( :o ). But it looks like Transformer has the most spin reversal, even though Mega-Block 1,5 comes close. For some reason Mega-Blocok 1,0 mm is rather far away fro 1,5 mm. Bison and Mega-Block 1,0 are pretty similar. Bison seems to be slower on Carbonado.
That rubbers seems slower on Carbonado might have someting to do with how well I could attach the blades to the iron box.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2017, 09:46 
Super User

so, what combination is in your opinion the best?

i think that the shorter trajectory of a mega block is a desirable trait...

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2017, 10:05 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
For me... Stiga and Transformers...

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2017, 16:25 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
so, what combination is in your opinion the best?

i think that the shorter trajectory of a mega block is a desirable trait...

Can't say yet, I had no time to hold the bats myself... But I will try Transformer on Revolution next session. And Bison on Carbonado. I am pretty sure I will go with Revolution, I like the control and stiffness. And it works great with H3neo (with added boost) for my FH.

If Transformer isn't better than Mega-Block 1,5 I will go back to MB (the setup I have used this year).

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2017, 17:14 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
^you could take the f/h rubber from your revolution blade and glue on the transformer anti.you will then still have the mega block attached for a direct comparison.
i have changed my anti from neo to best anti in 2mm.more control.

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2017, 17:23 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
^you could take the f/h rubber from your revolution blade and glue on the transformer anti.you will then still have the mega block attached for a direct comparison.
i have changed my anti from neo to best anti in 2mm.more control.

I removed my Mega-Block from Revolution when I tested Bison for a whole session. When Inremoved MB i wrecked it. I had an old MB left on a Carbonado blade but I did not want to move it, I was afraid to wreck it...
So I will tro to move my MB when I have more time to do it, and perhaps compare it to Transformer. We'll see...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next