OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017, 18:48 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:
I have rebellion blade with red 1.5 mega block both brand new for sale. The mega block has been attached using a butterfly glue sheet. Only used for 2 hours.

Selling for a friend, I tried it out too but I have too much of a 'move back from the table' chopping game and the mega block wasn't for me! It would take too long to retrain myself.

If anyone is interested, he is asking £130. It also comes with a full bottle of pro anti clean!

I guess you mean Revolution blade? Rebellion is a LP if I remember correctly.

HAHA yes I do mean that, it's now edited. Shows how much I know when it's not my stuff :')

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2017, 23:43 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80
Hello all, I would like to share my opinion and experience after using mb 1.5mm and Revolution blade. Forgive me this is a pure opinion from an amateur like me so sorry if it's not true...

When I play with plastic ball nittaku premium 40+ *3 I got destroyed by a guy in my club, the reversal of my blocks was not working at all, the blocks came out without spin or maybe less spin and it was a cake for my opponent to smash it.

But, when I played with dhs *3 celluloid ball, everytime he looped or spin and I block it, he absolutely have no chance to return it.

Can anybody give me an advice on what plastic ball that have similarity like celluloid ball? Or maybe something wrong with my technique on blocking?

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2017, 23:47 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
Joewilmar wrote:
Hello all, I would like to share my opinion and experience after using mb 1.5mm and Revolution blade. Forgive me this is a pure opinion from an amateur like me so sorry if it's not true...

When I play with plastic ball nittaku premium 40+ *3 I got destroyed by a guy in my club, the reversal of my blocks was not working at all, the blocks came out without spin or maybe less spin and it was a cake for my opponent to smash it.

But, when I played with dhs *3 celluloid ball, everytime he looped or spin and I block it, he absolutely have no chance to return it.

Can anybody give me an advice on what plastic ball that have similarity like celluloid ball? Or maybe something wrong with my technique on blocking?

the following plastic balls have reduced spin properties and thus are very bad for slick antis: the nittaku premium, the butterfly g40 and the joola flash
the best plastic balls for spin: tsp 3*, the donic 3*, the normal joola

i would advise you to take the transformer in 1.0 on destroyer for the mentioned balls with bad spin properties. the transformer has a lower trajectory and is better at compensating the missing spin

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2017, 00:05 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80
AA wrote:
Joewilmar wrote:

the following plastic balls have reduced spin properties and thus are very bad for slick antis: the nittaku premium, the butterfly g40 and the joola flash

i would advise you to take the transformer in 1.0 on destroyer for the mentioned balls with bad spin properties. the transformer has a lower trajectory and is better at compensating the missing spin

Thank you so much Mr Amir!!! I'm a big fan of your style of play with the slick antis, btw why'd you delete all of your match videos on your YouTube channel?

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2017, 00:09 
Super User

Joewilmar wrote:
Thank you so much Mr Amir!!! I'm a big fan of your style of play with the slick antis, btw why'd you delete all of your match videos on your YouTube channel?

anytime ;) i put them offline since our competiition season is ongoing until may and i know from experience that trainers from the other teams like analyzing videos beforehand. i will reinstate them with new matches after the last round ;)

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2017, 01:48 

AA wrote:
Joewilmar wrote:

Hello AA ! Would you say the same kind of thing about Beast ? Sometimes I feel that MB is less disturbing/reversing effect than the Beast... on a blade which would have much control and medium/high angle throw, would you advise more the beast than the MB ?

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2017, 06:26 
Super User

popette59 wrote:
Hello AA ! Would you say the same kind of thing about Beast ? Sometimes I feel that MB is less disturbing/reversing effect than the Beast... on a blade which would have much control and medium/high angle throw, would you advise more the beast than the MB ?

on the right blade, like revolution, the MB is the better slick anti since it has very good reversal AND produces very short blocks. when using plastic balls that produce very little spin like g40 or nittaku premium, i would use transformer 1.0 on destroyer

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2017, 13:32 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
After having used the mega-block and transformer each now for a little spell... unlike the majority here, I have to side with transformer! The mega-block just feels too mushy for me and didn't seem to have the same reversal as transformer. The control of MB might be a bit better, but that is off-set by your returns being easier to handle. I'm mainly basing this on the personal anecdote of when I use MB to play people I normally beat... they wound up winning! And when I swapped back to transformer, I won again!

Anyone else traveled back to transformer?

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2017, 22:33 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
Many people think to return in TRANSFORMER... me too... but for now i try ABS with customise sponge..

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017, 00:12 

Where do you find these sponge and topsheet ?

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017, 06:13 

Blade: Stiga Hypertech 35/45
FH: Nittaku G-1 Max
BH: Butterfy SuperAnti 2.0 mm
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum but not to Anti rubbers.
I read quite a bit in last few days what you guys posted here, and found some very precious info - thanks!

So, after 20+ years of faithful service my SuperAnti 2.0mm had to throw in the towel and go where it deserves - in a frame :D
It was still doing great but started turning purple and got some cracks, so I had to replace it so people wouldn't complain so much.
I was badly surprised that the new SuperAnti that now comes in 1.9mm is very different, much grippier which didn't work for me.
Add to that the 40mm ball change and now the plastic ball, and I now only have memories of past glorious blocks.
I used to just block with an open angle and slight upwards movement (similar to Sriram Sushmit's) and the ball would go back loaded with reversed spin. Sizzling almost.
Not anymore, so after doing a search for slick-er anti's, I ended up here.
I tried the MB in 2.0mm and am very excited about the possibilities it offers. It does remind me of the old times.
However, it was on a Stiga Offensive CR blade which I feel has a very high throw angle overall,
which kinda forced me more to chop-block otherwise I would get the balls higher/longer than used to,
but still I was able to do blocks as I like. It also felt good for imparting deceptive topspin against backspin, which I rely on a lot for 3rd attack.
So I now have a Revolution blade on the way, which I should be able to try next week.
I also realize I have a few new strokes to learn (AA block, Luka side push..), as I'm basically self-taught.
I'm +-2200 US rating, and it's nice to see other people competing with Anti at much higher level!

Again, just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the insights. MB it is for the foreseeable future! ;)

Cheers~

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017, 19:35 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
hi, and welcome :rock:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017, 19:55 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
popette59 wrote:
Where do you find these sponge and topsheet ?

It's simple... buy a ABS, remove the original sponge, buy a china customise sponge (i bought one 35° 1,5mm)... and replace... :up:

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017, 22:50 

Ok but this chinese sponge, is it absorbing ? Do you have the brake effect ?

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017, 23:01 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
popette59 wrote:
Ok but this chinese sponge, is it absorbing ? Do you have the brake effect ?

This is very interesting, so please start a separate thread for it so others can find it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next