OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2017, 23:33 

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
It's easiest in my experience to remove the topsheet and sponge separately.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2017, 02:44 
Super User

FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
it make sense...bcs the topsheet is removing from the sponge more easy than the sponge is from the blade...

and than you can remove the sponge without worries of damaging the topsheet...

have you tried it already or its only a theory so far?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2017, 02:46 

I've done it several times. Just have to go very slow in pulling off the topsheet.

And the gluesheet may tear if not careful.

Last edited by hardbatpower on 24 Apr 2017, 03:49, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2017, 03:39 
Super User

FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
i am not trying to save the glue sheet anymore...i just re attach the new one...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2017, 03:50 

I should also mention that I am using ABS topsheet... Which has smaller pimples more widely spaced. So it's a little easier to deal with.

Last edited by hardbatpower on 07 May 2017, 13:41, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2017, 14:11 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
I still think iceman's strategy of sticking/unsticking the glue sheet prior to using it is the best method. Of course, that's if it's not already stuck to the blade!

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2017, 19:22 

Blade: DMS TOMAHAWK NEXT GENERAT
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: DMS Undertaker OX
HI, I have DMS Tomahawk Next generation and i'm looking for rubber, is megablock good for me ?

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2017, 01:53 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
I just spotted this tibhar gluing sheet

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/ ... e-film-duo

I've ordered a few to try. It might be a good fix when trying to attach the anti/long pips and change them from blade to blade.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2017, 05:14 
Super User

Blade: Donic Waldner WC 89 FL
FH: Donic BlueStar A2 Red Max
BH: DMS Firestorm Black 1.8
When I glued my MegaBlock, my blade was already sealed with Poly, and just as a precaution, I sprayed the blade first with some hair-spray. It seemed to work I was able to remove the gluesheet/rubber without any damage to the topsheet. I was very careful, and worked for over 1/2 hour removing the MegaBlock/gluesheet combo. Doing this is a great way to develop patience. :rofl: Or lose your patience. :headbang:

Bonus now the glue sheet seems to have the right grip to allow me to attach/remove it from other blades for experimentation. Won't get to try it on other blades till after playing a few tournaments this summer. The next blade will be something faster/harder than my Xiom HayabusaZ.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017, 00:15 

Blade: Stiga Hypertech 35/45
FH: Nittaku G-1 Max
BH: Butterfy SuperAnti 2.0 mm
After a few sessions, I have decided to switch back to my old SuperAnti 2.0 (old version) and put the DMS Revolution + Mega-Block combo on eBay.
Main reason is, the MB does not absorb incoming power loops as well as the old-version SA, and also the spin reversal was less.
Even with the 2.0mm sponge, it felt a bit too hard for me. Also, the excessive care it requires and short lifespan are a bummer.
I felt that with a slower blade I might get better control but did not dare to try and detach it from the blade.
I did like it as it reminded me somehow of the golden days for Anti's with the 38mm ball,
but having played with SA for 20+ years, I felt I could control it better overall.
(mind you, I used the same SA most of those years and the sheet had become super slick, while the sponge kept its softness and absorbency.
I now have another one which has been 'aging' for a few years, which I may look into accelerating the process)

I contemplated about keeping the blade as I like it a lot, especially the low throw angle felt great for loop and block,
but I had hard time imparting backspin on serves and pushes with it - which again in my case was not to my advantage.
Also it felt more like OFF than ALL+ to me.

In this relation, I saw Def-attack's comparison of various fanti's which was great and very interesting to see :clap: ,
and I wonder if anyone had done similar head-to-head VIDEO comparison of fanti vs 'normal' antispin rubbers like SA.
Now that tt11 carries DMS products, I may still try a 1.5mm fanti (MB or TF) and a slower DMS blade when they have them on their weekly 20-25% off sales.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017, 00:28 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
univesse wrote:
After a few sessions, I have decided to switch back to my old SuperAnti 2.0 (old version) and put the DMS Revolution + Mega-Block combo on eBay.
Main reason is, the MB does not absorb incoming power loops as well as the old-version SA, and also the spin reversal was less.
Even with the 2.0mm sponge, it felt a bit too hard for me. Also, the excessive care it requires and short lifespan are a bummer.
I felt that with a slower blade I might get better control but did not dare to try and detach it from the blade.
I did like it as it reminded me somehow of the golden days for Anti's with the 38mm ball,
but having played with SA for 20+ years, I felt I could control it better overall.
(mind you, I used the same SA most of those years and the sheet had become super slick, while the sponge kept its softness and absorbency.
I now have another one which has been 'aging' for a few years, which I may look into accelerating the process)

I contemplated about keeping the blade as I like it a lot, especially the low throw angle felt great for loop and block,
but I had hard time imparting backspin on serves and pushes with it - which again in my case was not to my advantage.
Also it felt more like OFF than ALL+ to me.

In this relation, I saw Def-attack's comparison of various fanti's which was great and very interesting to see :clap: ,
and I wonder if anyone had done similar head-to-head VIDEO comparison of fanti vs 'normal' antispin rubbers like SA.
Now that tt11 carries DMS products, I may still try a 1.5mm fanti (MB or TF) and a slower DMS blade when they have them on their weekly 20-25% off sales.

excellent post-new butterfly super anti in 2mm is horrid.too fast-can you still buy the old?

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017, 00:46 

Blade: Stiga Hypertech 35/45
FH: Nittaku G-1 Max
BH: Butterfy SuperAnti 2.0 mm
peterpong wrote:
univesse wrote:

excellent post-new butterfly super anti in 2mm is horrid.too fast-can you still buy the old?

The new SA comes in 1.9mm, and I feel they made the sheet grippier. I was able to find old versions on eBay about a year ago - both in 2.0 and 2.2mm. I assume it would pretty hard to find new ones anymore.
Btw, I didn't mean to hijack the MB post and talk about SA so I take this to PM.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2017, 22:50 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
I am interested in differences between Mega Block 1.5 and DrN Buffalo 1.5 (or 1,8), which are very similar in speed i suppose, on specialized blade like DMS Revolution.

1. Spin reverse
2. Ball placement after blocking topspin.
3. Control, in general.
4. Attacking possibilities.
5. Durability.
6. Overall mark.

Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2017, 22:57 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
mataxxl wrote:
I am interested in differences between Mega Block 1.5 and DrN Buffalo 1.5 (or 1,8), which are very similar in speed i suppose, on specialized blade like DMS Revolution.

1. Spin reverse
2. Ball placement after blocking topspin.
3. Control, in general.
4. Attacking possibilities.
5. Durability.
6. Overall mark.

Thank you in advance.

From what I have heard Buffalo is at about the same speed as Bison and then it is not as slow as Mega-Block. Bison has a much harder feeling that Mega-Block, a more direct feeling. So it can be slow at some strokes and also fast when adding speed yourself. If Buffalo has about the same sponge I guess it will act similar (but from what I have read Buffalo is more made for passive blocking so it might be slower in those aspects).

PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 12:01 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next