OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2016, 23:24 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
and if you need to remove it later watch my video in Transformer topic :sweat:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2016, 02:35 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
Glue isnt ideal as the sponge takes it up and thus makes it a tad harder which in theory could affect the dampening sponge

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2016, 03:48 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
AA wrote:
Glue isnt ideal as the sponge takes it up and thus makes it a tad harder which in theory could affect the dampening sponge

True. But a gluesheet makes it difficult to remove the rubber...

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2016, 04:58 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
Def-attack wrote:
AA wrote:

True. But a gluesheet makes it difficult to remove the rubber...

Thats the dilemma for the broad public!

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2016, 07:21 

Def-attack wrote:
But a gluesheet makes it difficult to remove the rubber...

I agree with you.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2016, 07:51 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
king pong wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
But a gluesheet makes it difficult to remove the rubber...

I agree with you.

Put some glue on the blade and some to the glue sheet. Viola! The rubber will be easy to remove.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2016, 08:53 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
All - I just finished a training session and I have to tell you that Mega-Block rocks!

My practice partners had strong topspin attacks, both hard loop-drives and spinny soft loops. MB handled all and sent back incredible amounts of backspin - and the blocks were very short as well.

And the best part is that attacking serves and pushes is very easy. I never could do it consistently with Transformer but with Mega-Block I can't help myself. It's that intuitive.

I think we have a winner...

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2016, 15:30 

I also had league matches today: all higher rated (1700 USATT) than me (1500 USATT). Two of them use a lot of spin, and they were not pleased with the level of spin reversal. One of them stopped using sidespin on serves because I was attacking the serves so effectively with MB. I won one of those matches with some good luck as well as very high spin reversal on very short blocks.

This is some really good antispin!

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2016, 19:36 
Super User

i agree Conrad, more that i play the better i feel about it...so constant on every shot...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2016, 19:45 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Today I had my first brief hit with MB 1,0. I am rather disappointed actually. Spin reversal was not as good as with 1,5 mm Transformer. Blocks went long (due to thinner sponge I guess) and also high. Bit it is far better to attack with and put opponent under preassure (since it is faster and ball stats lower with these strokes). Also chopping from distance was better but that probably is becasue of the extra speed and slightly extra friction. Might be that I got a bad version, might be that it does not suit my blade... I won't change to it but instead order a 1,5 mm version. But it will take a week before I have it and I have a conpetition coming up in 2 weeks... When I get the 1,5 mm version I will decide what to do...

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2016, 03:29 

On that Carbonado blade 1.0mm seems like it would be way too fast. I couldn't handle 1.0 even on Transformer with Destroyer.

Def-attack wrote:
Today I had my first brief hit with MB 1,0. I am rather disappointed actually. Spin reversal was not as good as with 1,5 mm Transformer. Blocks went long (due to thinner sponge I guess) and also high. Bit it is far better to attack with and put opponent under preassure (since it is faster and ball stats lower with these strokes). Also chopping from distance was better but that probably is becasue of the extra speed and slightly extra friction. Might be that I got a bad version, might be that it does not suit my blade... I won't change to it but instead order a 1,5 mm version. But it will take a week before I have it and I have a conpetition coming up in 2 weeks... When I get the 1,5 mm version I will decide what to do...

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2016, 19:24 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
Def-attack wrote:

:?:

Quote:
Spin reversal was not as good as with 1,5 mm Transformer

It 's weird, because a thinner rubber should give a greater reversal.
:sweat:
Now i'm in panic room, coz I bought a 1.0 MB even if I have a slower blade than carbonado... a Nittaku Goriki Super Drive..

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2016, 20:11 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

conradyoung wrote:
On that Carbonado blade 1.0mm seems like it would be way too fast. I couldn't handle 1.0 even on Transformer with Destroyer.

Not really...

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2016, 23:36 
Super User

imo its bcs carbonado is hard blade and then mb hard rubber so combination is too fast, especially in 1.0 variant...try with 1.5 and try with some other blade...i know its pain :?:

i can really testify that 1.5 with revolution blade have massive spin reversal...

have you cleaned the rubber couple of time with dms cleaner before 1st use? there is always some dust on the rubber when its new...

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2016, 00:12 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
imo its bcs carbonado is hard blade and then mb hard rubber so combination is too fast, especially in 1.0 variant...try with 1.5 and try with some other blade...i know its pain :?:

i can really testify that 1.5 with revolution blade have massive spin reversal...

have you cleaned the rubber couple of time with dms cleaner before 1st use? there is always some dust on the rubber when its new...

I will have my 1,5 mm version soon, hopefully on Thursday when I have my next training.
I had no problems blocking medium hard loops with 1,0 mm MB (or 1,0 mm Transformer) on my Carbonado blade, but it must have been like when you block too close to the bounce - the spin reversal gets lost.

I cleaned the rubber several times before yesterdays session. But I can almost feel that it has more friction than Transformer. But I think I got a bad version of it...

I will not change my blade, I really love this blade for FH and inverted BH game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!