OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016, 06:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
I would take your backup blade just incase mate.
you may not like it in the warm up.
im sure you will be fine though :up:

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016, 06:46 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
@111Iceman111

Great Ice.. :clap:
Hey buddy..
1.00 mm or 1.5 mm?

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016, 06:57 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
1.5mm,

i am having my backup blade ready, no problem...

but i am also coming 2 hours before game to warmup, every time, so enough time to see if its good or not...i will not say anything to my teammates though or they would castrate me :lol:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016, 07:05 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
@111Iceman111
Thanks buddy.. :up:
If you can.. after your game post here your impressions.. we are curious to know.. :geek:

I'm waiting for my 1.0 mm.. for try with my Nittaku Goriki Super Drive..
I can't wait more!!!! :headbang:

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016, 09:15 
Super User

ofc...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 03:16 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I was looking forward for my first real session with MB but instead I caught a cold :(. Maybe at the end of this weekend...

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 09:55 
Super User

so, i played a match today. not totally happy about it but not entirely bad either...details and video of me playing with MB will be in my blog tomorrow when all the videos on youtube finish processing...

quick info about my initial impression of MB...

it is very similar to transformer, so ppl already have that, i dont see the reason to change...but when the transformer gets worn out, order MB...

it is improvement from transformer in some way...the biggest plus i saw is what i expected bcs of the harder topsheet, it is easier to block hard balls bcs they dont penetrate to the blade like in transformer...and the attacking is easier bcs the rubber is harder...

the underspin after the block is the same or even slightly bigger then in transformer...it can also be that is bcs the rubber is brand new...

so much for now, the rest with the video tomorrow, click the link to my blog in my signature...

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 10:20 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Iceman, thank you for first review. :D Dont be affraid. :D

I have some questions.

1) Is Mega Block noticeably slower than Transformer or not if we suppose that Revolution=Destroyer?
2) What do you think about durability (is surface layer thin as Transformer's one)
3) Can you compare Revolution and Destroyer, briefly, if there are some differences.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 13:56 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
I don't see MB being that much slower. I do think it's more linear. So there's a range of speed and you can control it a bit more intuitively. If the speed range for a particular MB doesn't suit you, there's a sponge thickness that will.

I'm guessing durability will be better in terms of the antispin effect. If you mean the other kind of durability, well, a lot of table tennis rubber is delicate these days.

Destroyer was fine, but I am liking Revolution better because my forehand loop is more consistent. Since you use short pips I don't know what you'd think. Amir seems to have a good time of it. :-)

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 18:22 
Super User

I don't also see MB that slower than Transformer... It seems slower on blocking fast balls bcs it's harder and ball don't reach the blade so the block has more control...
Durability i hope its better bcs that topsheet is harder...

About the Revolution blade... There are differences between the two... In my opinion it is a little bit slower, softer with deeper sound than Destroyer... Like it absorbs the ball better so it's better for fanti... For the fh I liked Destroyer better, it gave more spin to the ball I think... I hope i will get use to it...

This f....n videos take ages to upload :mad:

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Last edited by 111Iceman111 on 18 Nov 2016, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 18:28 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
@conrad and iceman- do you see a noticeable difference in the length of the blocks? if the blocks arent very noticeably shorter, something is off. concerning the speed: you should try the rubbers in the same sponge thickness in the same training after each other. MB is about 20-25% slower and the blocks are far shorter, overall you should be experiencing a much better control.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 18:32 
Super User

I am seeing that, but I don't know if it is the blade or the rubber... It is slower noticeably on handling fast balls that is for sure, so whole feeling is slower, that's for sure...

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 19:47 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
111Iceman111 wrote:
I am seeing that, but I don't know if it is the blade or the rubber

definitely the rubber, as revolution is a slight tad faster then destroyer

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 20:01 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Iceman,

I saw your video with Mega Block. My conclusion about your strokes is that almost all of them go to high above the net. I suppose that you have to close bat little more, and hit the ball with sharper (more determined) stroke in pushing as well as in blocking. The ball will go over the net because of initial speed, and fall on the table because of lower trajectory and spin reverse. With such type of strokes you will improve your game significantly. This is also my mistake, but when i close bat more and push aggressively, balls are very strange for opponent and hard to attack. Fearfully soft pushing gives results with recreatives but experienced players deal with it easy.
However, this is two-edged sword, because you have to evaluate (understand) opponents spin on the ball very well, but this is only one way how we can improve our game and beat professional players.

But we have to ask our guru Amir, is my conclusion correct?

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 20:17 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
mataxxl wrote:
Iceman,

I saw your video with Mega Block.

i thought that vid was the earlier transformer one :^)
unless you mean the very new ones on icemans you tube :up:

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next