OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 12:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 20:29 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
peterpong wrote:
mataxxl wrote:
Iceman,

I saw your video with Mega Block.

i thought that vid was the earlier transformer one :^)
unless you mean the very new ones on icemans you tube :up:

Newest one....uploaded couple of hours ago.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 20:53 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
mataxxl wrote:

Iceman,

I saw your video with Mega Block. My conclusion about your strokes is that almost all of them go to high above the net. I suppose that you have to close bat little more, and hit the ball with sharper (more determined) stroke in pushing as well as in blocking. The ball will go over the net because of initial speed, and fall on the table because of lower trajectory and spin reverse. With such type of strokes you will improve your game significantly. This is also my mistake, but when i close bat more and push aggressively, balls are very strange for opponent and hard to attack. Fearfully soft pushing gives results with recreatives but experienced players deal with it easy.
However, this is two-edged sword, because you have to evaluate (understand) opponents spin on the ball very well, but this is only one way how we can improve our game and beat professional players.

But we have to ask our guru Amir, is my conclusion correct?

which vid?

update: ok found it hidden in his channel :P

i watched the video tt(9) in its entirety: it becomes clear that whenever his opponent loops and he blocks, the block is short and he makes the point in 90% of the cases, often directly. his first mistake however is the constant chopping with the flanti which is harmles and sets him up for loops...he needs to push these aggressively..he even tries to attack one or two times and successfully makes the point, so i dont understand why he stopped doing that. next mistake: his opponent is smart and starts lifting the ball without spin instead of looping, so the blocks come back with little spin and then he loops to his forehand. to prevent this, you need to push against the lift, due to the longer dwell time the ball will sink and will not fly off the table and pressure the opponent and make it harder to loop to a point. another way to prevent this is by serving semi long with a lot of underspin...if the opponent loops, it will be with spin (yaay) or if he chops, you attack the chop.

if there is any other specific video to pint to let me know.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 21:27 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
AA wrote:
if there is any other specific video to pint to let me know.
[/quote]

Amir, your advice is very useful, i have similar problem against "smart" allround attacker, actually they lift the ball and dont give spin in loop to my anti, and wait i chance to smash. Twiddle is another one way for solving this problem.

Thank you.

I can see a lot of videos recent on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/123Iceman111

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 22:01 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
Stop watching unpublished videos[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] I will post them in my blog in a minute...

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 22:20 
Super User

They are published now and linked in my blog... I will copy paste some of your impressions there...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 23:02 
Super User

watched all three, you botched up video1 by the way because the third set is missing and instead its the fifth set of match 2 :D

the same as before applies. one more thing i forgot: another frequent mistake is blocking into the net. this is because MB is slower than transformer. you are underestimating this and the ball lands in the net because the angle isnt open enough. the more spin in the loop- the more you need to open. whenever you block loops over the table its the exact opposite....its just you not getting the angle right or reading the spin wrong

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2016, 00:23 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
AA I agree it's slower - after my private lesson, group training, and league matches tomorrow I will be able to articulate better the difference in blocking speed. I bet you're right in terms of short blocks. I am looking forward to frustrating my opponents! Remember we are using the Butterfly G40+ so blocking short is very important due to the lower amount of spin on loops in general.

So far I can definitely say that attacking is MUCH better than Transformer. Especially aggressive pushes. So much more intuitive and linear with the harder topsheet.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2016, 00:35 
Super User

I need to train more and develop a muscle memory... I still need to think before every shot and you can't play like that...

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2016, 00:55 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:
I need to train more and develop a muscle memory... I still need to think before every shot and you can't play like that...

you should play more matches in training, where you force yourself to puch against backspin and no spin balls instead of chopping, no matter how many mistakes you make. with time you will adapt this in actual games.

another idea would be to get a good looper, that loops on to your backhand whilst varying the spin, so you can practice getting the angle right.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2016, 02:34 
Super User

yes, my thoughts exactly...tnx...

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2016, 09:28 

What is the best way to glue Mega-Block on the blade? (using glue like Revolution nr3 ?, Tibhar duo sheet...?)
My problem: to remove Mega-Block from the blade without damage.

Last edited by king pong on 19 Nov 2016, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2016, 09:35 
Super User

king pong wrote:
What is the best way to glue Mega-Block on the blade? (using glue like Revolution nr3 ?, Tibhar duo sheet...?)
My problem: to remove Mega-Block from the blade without dammage.

no glue, use the butterly glue sheet!

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2016, 18:55 

Ok. Thank you Amir.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2016, 20:50 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
king pong wrote:
My problem: to remove Mega-Block from the blade without dammage.

I have used regular waterbased glue and I can remove the rubber without it geting damaged (no glue sheet). But to do this your blade must be sealed. On an un-sealed blade the rubber will get stuck too hard and the sponge will most likely get damaged (I have tried that too).

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2016, 22:52 

Ok, I see. Thank you Def-attack .
I'll try one of your solutions (AA and Def-attack ).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!