OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 05:29 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
AA wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
A sneak preview (hope you don't mind Amir), foud at Noppentest:

i can relate to hillary clinton and her wiki-leaks issue.. :lol:

He he... but there are a matter of different magnitude to the problem there ;)

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 08:01 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
AA, you cant hide THE TRUTH anymore! :lol:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 08:18 

Blade: Gionnis carb def
FH: H3-50
BH: Talon
AA looks more aggressive with the BH than some previous vids i've seen and less unforced errors, than with transformer. (I admit I enjoy AA's vids but don't study them, excuse me if I'm wrong).
Looks very impressive imo.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2016, 11:52 
Super User

Awesome play AA and that rubber looks lethal too :rock:

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2016, 22:07 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Now you can read about it:
https://der-materialspezialist.com/prod ... ucts_id=46

I placed an order on a red 1,0 mm. I guess I will have to wait for it, it is said to be available from January 1st 2017, but I hope I will have it a little earlier.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2016, 22:48 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
promo-video is online btw

so now i will take the opportunity to describe it: the surface is harder than transformer, but again with dampening sponge. since the rubber is harder, its easier to attack with, also given that the trajectory is higher, because the pimples (backside of rubber) are shorter. the rubber is slower than transformer, giving it even more control and creating super short blocks. this effect increases with thicker sponge, however at cost of reversal and creates higher trajectory. spinreversal is about the same as transformer, the blocks however are more deadly as they are much shorter. it is advides to play this rubber with a hard and stiff blade with a low trajectory, thats why it works better on revolution than on destroyer (its fine there too, just better with revolution for e.g).

Last edited by AA on 06 Nov 2016, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2016, 22:51 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
Yes Amir.. :clap:

https://youtu.be/xZTQiipUMCY

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2016, 23:59 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
Amir, is the 1.5mm Mega Block similar to 1.0mm Transformer in speed? Or closer to 1.5mm, or in between?

Reason I ask is that I have a lot of trouble blocking fast loops with 1.0 Transformer.

Also do you notice any difference in angle sensitivity with Mega Block?

AA wrote:

so now i will take the opportunity to describe it: the surface is harder than transformer, but again with dampening sponge. since the rubber is harder, its easier to attack with, also given that the trajectory is higher, because the pimples (backside of rubber) are shorter. the rubber is slower than transformer, giving it even more control and creating super short blocks. this effect increases with thicker sponge, however at cost of reversal and creates higher trajectory. spinreversal is about the same as transformer, the blocks however are more deadly as they are much shorter. it is advides to play this rubber with a hard and stiff blade with a low trajectory, thats why it works better on revolution than on destroyer (its fine there too, just better with revolution for e.g).

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 00:15 
Super User

conradyoung wrote:
Amir, is the 1.5mm Mega Block similar to 1.0mm Transformer in speed? Or closer to 1.5mm, or in between?

Reason I ask is that I have a lot of trouble blocking fast loops with 1.0 Transformer.

Also do you notice any difference in angle sensitivity with Mega Block?

AA wrote:

since MB is slower, 1.5 is much slower than transformer 1.0. i would estimate that 1.0 transformer is more like 0.7 MB. i would advise you to play it on revolution. if you stick to destroyer, either play it in 1.0 or 1.5

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 00:22 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
AA wrote:
since MB is slower, 1.5 is much slower than transformer 1.0. i would estimate that 1.0 transformer is more like 0.7 MB. i would advise you to play it on revolution. if you stick to destroyer, either play it in 1.0 or 1.5

Thanks, ordering Revolution and Mega Block 1.5mm now!

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 00:28 
Super User

conradyoung wrote:
AA wrote:

luka plays it in 2.0 i heard, i prefer it in 1.5. 2.0 offers more control, shorter blocks, just less reversal.

cheers

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 01:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
reversal looks amazing.

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 04:27 
Super User

AA wrote:
conradyoung wrote:
AA wrote:

luka plays it in 2.0 i heard, i prefer it in 1.5. 2.0 offers more control, shorter blocks, just less reversal.

cheers

Hi AA, I have a Dr.Jekyll & Mr.Hyde blade. Have you tried it with Mega Block or do you have any idea of how they would work together (and what thickness)

Cheers

Blade : Butterfly Gionis All+
FH : DHS Skyline 3-60 (black)
BH : Spinlord Dornenglanz OX (red) (no gluesheet)

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 08:01 
Super User

ChopperMan wrote:

Hi AA, I have a Dr.Jekyll & Mr.Hyde blade. Have you tried it with Mega Block or do you have any idea of how they would work together (and what thickness)

Cheers

i have it at home, but never tried ist (no time). so i cant say from experience, sorry! but given thats the bh is supposedly slow, i would go for 1.0 or 0.7

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 09:14 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
People said that Red Mega-Block give more spin reversal effect than black rubber.. it's only a urban legend or we have a really possibility that red is better?

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!