OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 16:34 

Blade: Carbon off-
FH: Tensor or SP
BH: MediumPip
A friend of mine wants to swap to GlAnti because he sometimes wants to slow down the ball, right now he plays a Matador Blade he would surely keep, same for his 2.1mm Evolution MX-P

He can actually twiddle well, and can attack underspin and dead balls, but has problems with spinny loops...

So he wants to play GlAnti!!

Hes around my level, but improves quickly and is on his way to 1500 TTR soon!

So, because he just needs the GlAnti to slow down wirh a lot of reversal, im thinking of Bison 1.8mm

Then there is the f**** slow MB in 2.0mm

Also considering that :)

What do you guys think?

Btw: he plays like 95% Forehand

Greetz!

Blade: <SPINLORD Ultra Carbon ST>
FH: <DMS Burnout 1.8mm | YASAKA RD 2.3mm>
BH: <DR.N Aggressor 1.3mm

From Germany, active on http://www.noppen-test.de and happy to translate German->English

Style of Play: Two-Winged Twiddling Allround Game

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 17:13 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I guess MB is the best place to start, it sounds like that is much more easy to master than Bison, and it is much slower than Bison. Dpin reversal is probably more on Bison ;or Transformer) though. If he wants to try similar but not pay full price, there are some cheap antis made by Giant Dragon. Those are rather similar to DMS Beast I think: https://wookiesports.se/bordtennis/gumm ... d-special/

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 19:29 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
Depend of the speed of Matador blade, MB 2.0 can be even too slow...it has good control but less spinreversal than 1.5...also, this glantis are very very blade dependent so hope your combination works on 1st try :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 21:51 

Matt Pimple plays 1.8 Bison on Matador and it works fine for him

He doesn't need an easy to controle GlAnti, he needs something with high reversal and beeing dangerous, cuz he does all with his FH

Maybe MB isn't too go in reversal for this :/

We will see, maybe i get a cheap bison from someone:D

I know someone in my club has MB 1.5 on a jekyll and hyde blade so maybe i can see how the reversal does :)

He said he liked buffalo way more

But thanks for all your suggestions i will ask my friend, especially with the GD antis

From Germany, active on http://www.noppen-test.de and happy to translate German->English

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2017, 03:47 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
ExiledPlayer-99 wrote:
Matt Pimple plays 1.8 Bison on Matador and it works fine for him

He doesn't need an easy to controle GlAnti, he needs something with high reversal and beeing dangerous, cuz he does all with his FH

Maybe MB isn't too go in reversal for this :/

Maybe Matt Pimple could speak for himself. ;) I actually think that Bison IS an easy to control anti in comparison with older generation ABS or Grizzly with a similar reversal to those. I never tested MB so I can't comment in comparison here. I initially played with Buffalo 1.8 on Matador which is a very slow and somewhat dead feeling anti but with good control. I also used the Buffalo on fast carbon blades where it works quite well because it is so slow. In the passive game Bison is almost as slow (and controlled) as Buffalo but it gives more acceleration (due to different pimple structure) on aggressive pushed and attacking shots. Another advantage of the Bison is that it is easier to block the ball on the baseline as well as blocking very short (the specialty of the Buffalo!). In my opinion, if you play more of a passive game with the anti with short blocks being the main weapon and you want to play a fast blade (for aggressive fh) use the Buffalo 1.8. If you want to have more variation on the bh but still with good control on a faster blade use the Bison 1.8. I never tested MB or transformer.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2017, 07:17 

Danke Noppen-Matthes :)

I think i'll get him a sheet of bison then

Thanks for all the advices

Appreciate your time

Greetz

JuniorAnti99//ExiledPlayer-99

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2017, 16:45 

Hello,

One of my students (2150+) has recently switched from d-tects Ox on the backhand to Master Block. Frictionless Anti's like long pips, really are very blade dependent. We tried several blade combinations but found that the Joola Spirit Series of blades work exceptionally well with the MB. The Spirit Off + is a very fast blade with a very low throw and a very hard outer ply. This makeup produces exceptional reversal with the MB and the slow speed of MB makes the ball very controllable on the backhand. The forehand is very fast which suits his game but other players may like the Spirit Off which is more controllable on the forehand side.

Coach McAfee

Joola Badman OX
Joola Ultra Express 2.0

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2017, 04:48 

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
CoachMcAfee wrote:
Hello,

One of my students (2150+) has recently switched from d-tects Ox on the backhand to Master Block. Frictionless Anti's like long pips, really are very blade dependent. We tried several blade combinations but found that the Joola Spirit Series of blades work exceptionally well with the MB. The Spirit Off + is a very fast blade with a very low throw and a very hard outer ply. This makeup produces exceptional reversal with the MB and the slow speed of MB makes the ball very controllable on the backhand. The forehand is very fast which suits his game but other players may like the Spirit Off which is more controllable on the forehand side.

Coach McAfee

Hi coach, what sponge thicknesses did your student experiment with on the Mega-Block?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!