OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Jul 2017, 12:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 08:39 

I've been loving playing with the der mat transformer rubber (yet to test the mega block!) -- the only problem is, my inverted looping side feels most comfortable a few feet back from the table. So the anti side loses some effectiveness there. Is there any anti spin that maintains a decent over the table game (blocks, attacking back spin and pushes) but has a bit more spin generation for the chop game?

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 08:55 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Nittaku Fastarc P1
BH: DMS Elimination OX
skilless_slapper wrote:
I've been loving playing with the der mat transformer rubber (yet to test the mega block!) -- the only problem is, my inverted looping side feels most comfortable a few feet back from the table. So the anti side loses some effectiveness there. Is there any anti spin that maintains a decent over the table game (blocks, attacking back spin and pushes) but has a bit more spin generation for the chop game?

Chop with frictionless is a non-sense, and Trasformer is a frictionless rubber (better MegaBlock).
Maybe you can try classic anti, like Yasaka Anti or Butterfly Super Anti or Toni Hold... this rubber have a bit of friction...

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Nittaku Fastarc P-1 2.0mm BH der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Nittaku Fastarc P-1 2.0mm BH der-Materialspezialist Transformer 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Spinlord Devi 2.0mm BH Spinlord Keiler 1.2mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Sauer & Troger Hellfire OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 08:58 
Super User

Blade: DEFPLAY(CUT DOWN)
FH: TAC C 1.9
BH: BEST ANTI 1.8
i am an anti chopper mate.juic neo in 2mm is superb for chopping and causes problems.its very easy to do backhand drives with aswell.i play very close to the table but i can also move back and chop.to play this duel game i find that the blade makes a big difference.yasaka anti power is very good for chopping but when playing close to the table you have to be careful as hard shots coming into you can fly off the table unless you grip your bat loosely.i moved onto juic for more control-best anti is supposed to be very good aswell.i have tried transformer but its obviously for blocking and not chopping-

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 09:17 
Super User

Blade: B.Pemula Custom
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Yinhe/Galaxy Neptune
skilless_slapper wrote:

Well, yes,

Donic Anti,

Which, imho, not an anti, but a Flextra on ridiculously slow sponge. :P

The only non tacky non anti rubber that can catch the ball dropped from 1 m after 1 - 2 bounces, by doing nothing I have ever seen.

And its spin generation capabilities is less that an Addoy, but not virtually none like Super Anti.

Sent from my S5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 10:57 

Ragnolo wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

Chop with frictionless is a non-sense, and Trasformer is a frictionless rubber (better MegaBlock).
Maybe you can try classic anti, like Yasaka Anti or Butterfly Super Anti or Toni Hold... this rubber have a bit of friction...

What kind of reversal did you see with the transformer when chopping? I'm wondering if it was a skill/technique issue with me, or if the transformer is bad/useless when chopping altogether!

I love blocking/hitting with the transformer, but when backed off the table... it seems to only send back mostly 'dead' balls? Even against loops?

Do you have much experience with the classic antis? Do those block or receive serve anything like the frictionless antis?

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 18:29 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Nittaku Fastarc P1
BH: DMS Elimination OX
skilless_slapper wrote:
Ragnolo wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

What kind of reversal did you see with the transformer when chopping? I'm wondering if it was a skill/technique issue with me, or if the transformer is bad/useless when chopping altogether!

I love blocking/hitting with the transformer, but when backed off the table... it seems to only send back mostly 'dead' balls? Even against loops?

Do you have much experience with the classic antis? Do those block or receive serve anything like the frictionless antis?

Rubber like ABS, Megablock or Trasformer are extreme frictionless: in chop they don't give reversal or some effect.. it's the peculiar characteristic by that rubbers.. they are like a mirror.
I played long time ago with Butterfly super anti and that rubber give a bit effect (weak backside if you chop in classic defence movement), but this rubber give the best over the table with push or block.
With Transformer i haven't effects: but just only when my opponent give more spin in top spin or in service i can give reversal effect, but always when i play over the table like a "wall".
If i play far the table, the ball lost the opponent effects and with my frictionless i can give only a dead ball.
But it's ok for me, coz i'm player who use the frictionless for open the opponent game:
opponent service, opening whit pushing by frictionless, waiting for opponent 3rd ball and attack.. when it's works.. naturally... :D
i don't use frictionless for defensive transition, but only for made good opportunity of attack.
If your attitude is like a defensive player and you want play with chop, frictionless aren't good choice.. far from the table better long pimple (osx or, better, lp with thin sponge like Feint long or similar rubber)
I hope to be clear... sorry for my english...

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Nittaku Fastarc P-1 2.0mm BH der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Nittaku Fastarc P-1 2.0mm BH der-Materialspezialist Transformer 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Spinlord Devi 2.0mm BH Spinlord Keiler 1.2mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Sauer & Troger Hellfire OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 18:57 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: DMS Mega Block 1.5
Transformer is not good for chopping. Mega Block is better, Beast is the same as MegaBlock. With MB you can keep ball low but to get a back spin chop that carries spin all the way to your opponent you need a full swing and wrist snap. Might be diffeent on a slower and softer blade.

NeoAnti is very different, very soft with little spin reversal. But a nice feeling. I believe Kees was satisfied with Tibhar Ellen Def for chopping.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 19:54 
Super User

Blade: DEFPLAY(CUT DOWN)
FH: TAC C 1.9
BH: BEST ANTI 1.8
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=17961&start=15
compares the ellen and juic neo antis.watch the shoulder though :D

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2017, 13:44 

How differently do OX long pips like Joola Badman or d.techs chop from the frictionless anti-spin rubbers? They don't seem to have a whole lot more grip on them. Are they similar in effectiveness at chopping?

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2017, 20:07 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: DMS Mega Block 1.5
skilless_slapper wrote:
How differently do OX long pips like Joola Badman or d.techs chop from the frictionless anti-spin rubbers? They don't seem to have a whole lot more grip on them. Are they similar in effectiveness at chopping?

There is much more grip in ox LP than frictionless antis. LP is much better for chopping unless you want your chops to be with very little spin. If someone loop at you with lots of rotation and you chop from distance with lp you will, with help from the pips snapping back after being bent, add some rotation. With frictionless anti it is very difficult to add rotation, you will only guide the ball back. And since most of them are very slow you will need som force to make the ball go back from that distance, and when you do that you will kill some of the spin. But, that said, if you time the chop right with, for example Mega Block, you can send a very nice, low and actually spinny chop back. But the spin variation and ability to generate back spin is much better with LP.