OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 08:39 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
I've been loving playing with the der mat transformer rubber (yet to test the mega block!) -- the only problem is, my inverted looping side feels most comfortable a few feet back from the table. So the anti side loses some effectiveness there. Is there any anti spin that maintains a decent over the table game (blocks, attacking back spin and pushes) but has a bit more spin generation for the chop game?

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 08:55 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
skilless_slapper wrote:
I've been loving playing with the der mat transformer rubber (yet to test the mega block!) -- the only problem is, my inverted looping side feels most comfortable a few feet back from the table. So the anti side loses some effectiveness there. Is there any anti spin that maintains a decent over the table game (blocks, attacking back spin and pushes) but has a bit more spin generation for the chop game?

Chop with frictionless is a non-sense, and Trasformer is a frictionless rubber (better MegaBlock).
Maybe you can try classic anti, like Yasaka Anti or Butterfly Super Anti or Toni Hold... this rubber have a bit of friction...

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 08:58 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
i am an anti chopper mate.juic neo in 2mm is superb for chopping and causes problems.its very easy to do backhand drives with aswell.i play very close to the table but i can also move back and chop.to play this duel game i find that the blade makes a big difference.yasaka anti power is very good for chopping but when playing close to the table you have to be careful as hard shots coming into you can fly off the table unless you grip your bat loosely.i moved onto juic for more control-best anti is supposed to be very good aswell.i have tried transformer but its obviously for blocking and not chopping-

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 09:17 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
skilless_slapper wrote:

Well, yes,

Donic Anti,

Which, imho, not an anti, but a Flextra on ridiculously slow sponge. :P

The only non tacky non anti rubber that can catch the ball dropped from 1 m after 1 - 2 bounces, by doing nothing I have ever seen.

And its spin generation capabilities is less that an Addoy, but not virtually none like Super Anti.

Sent from my S5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 10:57 
Super User

Ragnolo wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

Chop with frictionless is a non-sense, and Trasformer is a frictionless rubber (better MegaBlock).
Maybe you can try classic anti, like Yasaka Anti or Butterfly Super Anti or Toni Hold... this rubber have a bit of friction...

What kind of reversal did you see with the transformer when chopping? I'm wondering if it was a skill/technique issue with me, or if the transformer is bad/useless when chopping altogether!

I love blocking/hitting with the transformer, but when backed off the table... it seems to only send back mostly 'dead' balls? Even against loops?

Do you have much experience with the classic antis? Do those block or receive serve anything like the frictionless antis?

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 18:29 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
skilless_slapper wrote:
Ragnolo wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

What kind of reversal did you see with the transformer when chopping? I'm wondering if it was a skill/technique issue with me, or if the transformer is bad/useless when chopping altogether!

I love blocking/hitting with the transformer, but when backed off the table... it seems to only send back mostly 'dead' balls? Even against loops?

Do you have much experience with the classic antis? Do those block or receive serve anything like the frictionless antis?

Rubber like ABS, Megablock or Trasformer are extreme frictionless: in chop they don't give reversal or some effect.. it's the peculiar characteristic by that rubbers.. they are like a mirror.
I played long time ago with Butterfly super anti and that rubber give a bit effect (weak backside if you chop in classic defence movement), but this rubber give the best over the table with push or block.
With Transformer i haven't effects: but just only when my opponent give more spin in top spin or in service i can give reversal effect, but always when i play over the table like a "wall".
If i play far the table, the ball lost the opponent effects and with my frictionless i can give only a dead ball.
But it's ok for me, coz i'm player who use the frictionless for open the opponent game:
opponent service, opening whit pushing by frictionless, waiting for opponent 3rd ball and attack.. when it's works.. naturally... :D
i don't use frictionless for defensive transition, but only for made good opportunity of attack.
If your attitude is like a defensive player and you want play with chop, frictionless aren't good choice.. far from the table better long pimple (osx or, better, lp with thin sponge like Feint long or similar rubber)
I hope to be clear... sorry for my english...

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 18:57 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Transformer is not good for chopping. Mega Block is better, Beast is the same as MegaBlock. With MB you can keep ball low but to get a back spin chop that carries spin all the way to your opponent you need a full swing and wrist snap. Might be diffeent on a slower and softer blade.

NeoAnti is very different, very soft with little spin reversal. But a nice feeling. I believe Kees was satisfied with Tibhar Ellen Def for chopping.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 19:54 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=17961&start=15
compares the ellen and juic neo antis.watch the shoulder though :D

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2017, 13:44 
Super User

How differently do OX long pips like Joola Badman or d.techs chop from the frictionless anti-spin rubbers? They don't seem to have a whole lot more grip on them. Are they similar in effectiveness at chopping?

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2017, 20:07 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
skilless_slapper wrote:
How differently do OX long pips like Joola Badman or d.techs chop from the frictionless anti-spin rubbers? They don't seem to have a whole lot more grip on them. Are they similar in effectiveness at chopping?

There is much more grip in ox LP than frictionless antis. LP is much better for chopping unless you want your chops to be with very little spin. If someone loop at you with lots of rotation and you chop from distance with lp you will, with help from the pips snapping back after being bent, add some rotation. With frictionless anti it is very difficult to add rotation, you will only guide the ball back. And since most of them are very slow you will need som force to make the ball go back from that distance, and when you do that you will kill some of the spin. But, that said, if you time the chop right with, for example Mega Block, you can send a very nice, low and actually spinny chop back. But the spin variation and ability to generate back spin is much better with LP.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2017, 14:53 
Super User

Well, I'm trying out the butterfly super anti and nittaku best anti... Neither seem to generate too much spin. They can both attack back spin very easily, is virtually the same technique I use with mega block. The top spin blocking, however, is nowhere near as easy as mega block! And again, there isn't much spin on the chops/serves. So I'm not sure if it's a good trade off for my style. I guess it's a lot easier to attack no spin/low spin balls.

Is the juic neo anti similar to those? I'm actually pretty happy with the 2, as few of my regular opponents use too much top spin to make the frictionless anti overly worthwhile. I do enjoy the short blocks though, but the nittaku best anti is good for those as well. Maybe I should just swap out to long pips, but I spend a good deal of time blocking close to the table -- until someone drives me off.

I am testing out a new, super light setup with these! The DMS star light blade (48 grams) + super spinpips chop 2 (31 grams?) + the 31 gram super anti for a grand total of about 110 grams!

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2017, 16:43 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
I'll be trying Django shortly. It sounds promising for chopping potential. Hopefully it will also be slow enough to keep my blocks reasonably low and short.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2017, 11:18 
Super User

Did some experimenting with rhino and mega block, doing mid distance chops. And I found that you can actually make pretty spin returns using a different technique. One that I don't normally employ, or even really think about!

I guess the closest I can relate it to is performing a heavy push over the table. Where you try to skim the bottom of the ball with your blade angle parallel to the floor.

Off the table with pips/inverted, I usually hit the back half of the ball or perhaps the lower half going downward at maybe a 45 degree angle. On slow balls off the table, I guess you have to go more horizontal of course.

I started skimming under the ball, keeping the blade parallel to the floor and with a lot of speed. Much to my surprise, the balls were pretty loaded with back spin! I started noticing all of them roll back to the net or if high enough, jump back over the net and come to my side before falling off the table.

Has anyone tried this technique? Maybe it's a common one with long pips? I've not had any coaching, especially not with 'junk' rubber users, so who knows!