OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Apr 2017, 03:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017, 17:32 
Super User

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me what the difference in playing characteristics would be between Butterfly Super Anti with 1.5mm sponge and 1.9mm sponge?

Thank you!

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2017, 00:27 
Super User

i have 1.5 & 1.9.
i have only tried them briefly as im currently playing with juic neo anti in 2mm.
the 1.9mm is a lot faster than the 1.5.
i was reading the other day that the butterfly anti is more of a close to the table blocking anti and not the best for chopping.
i was looking at your blog and your match and i think that the juic neo anti or yasaka anti power anti would be more suited to your game.i play close to the table and also chop away from the table.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2017, 07:34 
Super User

Blade: B.Pemula Custom
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Yinhe/Galaxy Neptune
peterpong wrote:
i have 1.5 & 1.9.
i have only tried them briefly as im currently playing with juic neo anti in 2mm.
the 1.9mm is a lot faster than the 1.5.
i was reading the other day that the butterfly anti is more of a close to the table blocking anti and not the best for chopping.
i was looking at your blog and your match and i think that the juic neo anti or yasaka anti power anti would be more suited to your game.i play close to the table and also chop away from the table.

Have the (may be) 1.9 mm,

Useless for chopping, it just so damp that the ball refuse to bounce back, and the opponent say thanks. :o

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017, 16:58 
Super User

I have just sold my 1.9mm in black.it was the new version.i found it faster than neo anti.i didnt like the way it played on the blocks and it chopped badly.the old version is supposed to be good though.i also found a thread where a guy stated that sa was faster than yasaka antipower.i dont think its that fast though.if you are looking for a slow anti to absorb power the new sa is pretty poor.
i was using a grubba pro which is an all minus blade.