OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017, 17:32 
Super User

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me what the difference in playing characteristics would be between Butterfly Super Anti with 1.5mm sponge and 1.9mm sponge?

Thank you!

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2017, 00:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
i have 1.5 & 1.9.
i have only tried them briefly as im currently playing with juic neo anti in 2mm.
the 1.9mm is a lot faster than the 1.5.
i was reading the other day that the butterfly anti is more of a close to the table blocking anti and not the best for chopping.
i was looking at your blog and your match and i think that the juic neo anti or yasaka anti power anti would be more suited to your game.i play close to the table and also chop away from the table.

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2017, 07:34 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
peterpong wrote:
i have 1.5 & 1.9.
i have only tried them briefly as im currently playing with juic neo anti in 2mm.
i was reading the other day that the butterfly anti is more of a close to the table blocking anti and not the best for chopping.
i was looking at your blog and your match and i think that the juic neo anti or yasaka anti power anti would be more suited to your game.i play close to the table and also chop away from the table.

Have the (may be) 1.9 mm,

Useless for chopping, it just so damp that the ball refuse to bounce back, and the opponent say thanks. :o

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017, 16:58 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I have just sold my 1.9mm in black.it was the new version.i found it faster than neo anti.i didnt like the way it played on the blocks and it chopped badly.the old version is supposed to be good though.i also found a thread where a guy stated that sa was faster than yasaka antipower.i dont think its that fast though.if you are looking for a slow anti to absorb power the new sa is pretty poor.
i was using a grubba pro which is an all minus blade.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2023, 21:42 

Blade: Andro Ligna All
FH: XIOM Omega VII
BH: Frictionless Anti
peterpong wrote:
i have 1.5 & 1.9.

I am now using Ilius B long pips and I want to try super anti. But the problem is I've read contradictory opinions about its sponge thickness. Some say 1.5 is slower and some say it's faster!
Any further opinion?
Cheers guys!

*** Update: I asked the company itself and they told me that 1.5 is slower - as mentioned in this post.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2023, 01:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Its worth trying all of the traditional antis mate.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just check e bay out as people sell second hand.if you dont like the anti you can re sell on e bay so you dont waste much.
i would try
butterfly super anti
juic neo
yasaka anti power
best anti
i use best anti in 2mm and its good for chopping.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2023, 16:00 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Tohid wrote:
*** Update: I asked the company itself and they told me that 1.5 is slower - as mentioned in this post.

I've not used this rubber, but I thought it has a dampening-type sponge, which usually makes the thicker version slower.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2023, 05:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

haggisv wrote:
Tohid wrote:

I've not used this rubber, but I thought it has a dampening-type sponge, which usually makes the thicker version slower.

i checked my post and its unusual for me to say that the 1.5 is slower as thicker antis tend to be slow.ages since ive used it now
i may have been comparing the thick bsa to a very old dead sheet of 15-bsa was very slow years ago

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2023, 05:16 

Blade: Andro Ligna All
FH: XIOM Omega VII
BH: Frictionless Anti
peterpong wrote:
haggisv wrote:
Tohid wrote:

i checked my post and its unusual for me to say that the 1.5 is slower as thicker antis tend to be slow.ages since ive used it now
i may have been comparing the thick bsa to a very old dead sheet of 15-bsa was very slow years ago

I was surprised that they told me that 1.5 is slower. So, would you say that 1.9 is the slower one?

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2023, 13:36 

Blade: Stiga Hypertech 35/45
FH: Nittaku G-1 Max
BH: Butterfy SuperAnti 2.0 mm
I've played with the older version 2.0, the newer version 1.9 (which is grippier and I didn't like it), as well as an older version 2.2. I cannot say that the 2.2 is slower than the 2.0, which may be due to the fact that it feels grippier (due to the thicker sponge?) when trying to block the incoming topspin / drives, hence my perception is that the thinner sponge is "slower", or easier to control.
I know in the case of glanti, thicker sponge = slower, but the SuperAnti in that sense is more like a traditional rubber, in my opinion.

P.S. I've played with SuperAnti since probably 1994.. Mostly impart deceptive topspins and block (not chop-block), with occasional chops when pushed away from the table. Cheers~