OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:03

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nittaku best anti
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2018, 18:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Bulldog wrote:
I agree and I am going to endeavour to block less and chop block and chop more.

You may well change to long pips to attack more but im sure you will go back to the anti for the security.
i can attack with the backhand drive but its slowish.I do have a thin sheet of best anti and will try it in the summer.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2018, 19:03 
Super User

Blade: Joola Xylo 7
FH: Battle 2 National 38
BH: TTR-Killer
peterpong wrote:
ive been playing 2mm in 4 leagues,the secret is to chop with it.this causes problems.
managed 50% in div 1 (d)
ill be about 37% in div 1 (s)hard league.
i was blocking a lot off the bounce in the early winter season.ive started chopping more and my results are better.

And how's the variation when chopping? Heavy chops/no-spin chops, slow/fast? I really intend to try playing with an anti some time in the future and I've read a lot that Best Anti is good for chopping but still can not find out how exactly is it good for chopping. Can you add a lot of spin on the chops? Or is it the control that is so great about it?

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2018, 22:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

v100ev wrote:
peterpong wrote:
ive been playing 2mm in 4 leagues,the secret is to chop with it.this causes problems.
managed 50% in div 1 (d)
ill be about 37% in div 1 (s)hard league.
i was blocking a lot off the bounce in the early winter season.ive started chopping more and my results are better.

And how's the variation when chopping? Heavy chops/no-spin chops, slow/fast? I really intend to try playing with an anti some time in the future and I've read a lot that Best Anti is good for chopping but still can not find out how exactly is it good for chopping. Can you add a lot of spin on the chops? Or is it the control that is so great about it?

im the worst person in the world to ask a technical question.all i can say is that i have tried a lot of classic antis and this one hurts the opposition and gives a nasty return when chopping-it keeps low and is not easy to deal with.it is decent when passive blocking but is best when chopping away from the table.you must have the right blade and the defplay is very good for chopping.you might not like the f/h on the defplay though.re your blade white spot.if its the new one it should be good with the best anti.i had one but sold it as i like the defplay better.people up to a certain level have difficulties with the best anti and misstime shots or overplay their hands.the really good players who have amazing control are usually ok against it.i use the thick version.i just play using feel and dont really know the technical aspects of the game.it hurts and is nasty so thats my indicator on wether it works.i have a thin version but i have not played with it yet.

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2018, 02:32 
Super User

Blade: Joola Xylo 7
FH: Battle 2 National 38
BH: TTR-Killer
peterpong wrote:
im the worst person in the world to ask a technical question.all i can say is that i have tried a lot of classic antis and this one hurts the opposition and gives a nasty return when chopping-it keeps low and is not easy to deal with.it is decent when passive blocking but is best when chopping away from the table.you must have the right blade and the defplay is very good for chopping.you might not like the f/h on the defplay though.re your blade white spot.if its the new one it should be good with the best anti.i had one but sold it as i like the defplay better.people up to a certain level have difficulties with the best anti and misstime shots or overplay their hands.the really good players who have amazing control are usually ok against it.i use the thick version.i just play using feel and dont really know the technical aspects of the game.it hurts and is nasty so thats my indicator on wether it works.i have a thin version but i have not played with it yet.

Thanks for the answer! :Chop:
Yep - my Toni Hold is the new one.
After your words I'm pretty sure that I'll give the Best Anti a try some day in the future. May be just for fun, but may be also for some serious play :devil:

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2018, 06:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

v100ev wrote:
peterpong wrote:

Thanks for the answer! :Chop:
Yep - my Toni Hold is the new one.
After your words I'm pretty sure that I'll give the Best Anti a try some day in the future. May be just for fun, but may be also for some serious play :devil:

keep your eyes peeled for an old sheet on e bay :Chop:

skilless_slapper wrote:

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2018, 17:52 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

tried a thin sheet on the f/h of my defplay.i had the thick sheet on the b/h.
played a good div 2 player who attacks and moves you about.he won 3-2 in a friendly.
this was my first full match with double anti.i twiddled a lot to see what the thin sheet played like on the b/h.
thin version seems faster and the ball goes into the blade.it still gives a nasty low chop.
you can actually flat hit on the f/h with the thin version.the thick nba seems more secure and better at blocking.both chop well.
i seem to have more feel with the thick sheet.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2018, 17:58 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

something i should mention.
played a guy who is 45% div 1-i blocked off the bounce with the anti.he beat me fairly easily as he just hit through the ball.
i played him again and i chopped every ball with the anti.he couldnt do a thing and got frustrated.he tried to hit through the ball but made so many mistakes -i cant remember using my f/h at all during the game :?:
so chop chop chop :Chop: :Chop: :Chop:

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2018, 18:27 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
peterpong wrote:

Sure it's 2mm? I bought some not long ago but only saw it available in 1.2 and 1.8.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2018, 20:18 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Dusty054 wrote:
peterpong wrote:

Sure it's 2mm? I bought some not long ago but only saw it available in 1.2 and 1.8.

i know what you mean mate.some sites say 1.2 and 1.8-other sites say 1.3 and 2mm
i have checked other forums in france and germany and this always comes up.the general consensus of opinion is that they are the same.please note that many years ago you could get this in three sizes including 1.6mm.the old nba was even slower than it is now.
i have now placed THICK on my b/h profile-------(awaiting the obvious puns :devil:)

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2018, 22:00 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Played double anti on my cut down defplay.i used the thick version b/h and thin version f/h.
thick is slower and you have more dampening.thick also seems better for chopping.the block is very secure.
the ball goes into the wood with the thin version and seems faster due to this.the thin seems better for backhand attack as you get the ball on wood effect.i twiddled a lot and used both rubbers on the b/h and f/h.
If your game is going to be attack with the b/h i would go with the thin
if your game is more for blocking and chopping i would go with the thick version.
chopping and blocking are still fine with the thin version but the thick is better.
you can buy this for £24 free postage online.
i am selling my thin version for £14 uk only & paypal(its had about 1 to 2 hrs use and is cut big).
i can post the rubber first and sort out later if i know you here :up:

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2018, 06:28 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

currently trying double anti -thick version-black is a little slower that the red-comb decent against attackers if you are a chopper-you can chop both wings but need great footwork-if you are playing against a defensive player you may need a anti/pip combo so you can attack

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 07:14 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
peterpong wrote:
currently trying double anti -thick version-black is a little slower that the red-comb decent against attackers if you are a chopper-you can chop both wings but need great footwork-if you are playing against a defensive player you may need a anti/pip combo so you can attack

Would you say that NBA is better in all departments than BTY Superanti 1.9 mm? . I have been training for 3 hours tonight with Superanti and it blocked well, control was excellent, I could counterattack really well ,good pushes with control, short serves,....
when twiddling with palio Ck people got real problems .I also did some controlled chops .....

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 07:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

CHARMANDER DEFENDER wrote:
peterpong wrote:

Would you say that NBA is better in all departments than BTY Superanti 1.9 mm? . I have been training for 3 hours tonight with Superanti and it blocked well, control was excellent, I could counterattack really well ,good pushes with control, short serves,....
when twiddling with palio Ck people got real problems .I also did some controlled chops .....

i have tried it and didnt really like the feel-didnt like it for chopping and found it too fast.the very old bsa is slow though if you can find a sheet.i have tried loads of antis and best anti is my fav-go for the thick version though as its better for blocking and chopping.i get all my gear second hand from e bay ,i think bsa is decent for f/h chopping though.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 18:02 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
peterpong wrote:
CHARMANDER DEFENDER wrote:
peterpong wrote:

i have tried it and didnt really like the feel-didnt like it for chopping and found it too fast.the very old bsa is slow though if you can find a sheet.i have tried loads of antis and best anti is my fav-go for the thick version though as its better for blocking and chopping.i get all my gear second hand from e bay ,i think bsa is decent for f/h chopping though.

Bty SA is insensitive to spin,decent reversal.I guess NBA is a bit worse in this aspect. I am not really a chopper....occasional chops yes.... My thing is blocking,pushing, counterattacking..... placement in the corners......

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 21:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

^^i use e bay and buy cheap stuff to try.had loads of antis from there-i sell on if not suitable

skilless_slapper wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!