OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017, 18:04 

Blade: Primorac Carbon
FH: Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH: Nittaku Best Anti 1.2
As an anti player, which of the following characteristics of an anti spin rubber caused the most inconvenience to your opponent. Also in what range? For example if it was speed, was it the extremely slow or slower than just regular inverted rubber.

1. Spin reversal
2. Aided reversal
3. Speed
4. Generate spin
5. Affected by incoming spin.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017, 21:26 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
slick anti:

-spin reversal
-the shorter the blocks the better against good players
-speed = the faster the better for attacks
-control

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017, 09:46 

Thanks for your reply.

Can you tell me about the durability of Mega Block? Does its performance come down after a couple of months? Any special maintenance needed?

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017, 15:14 
Super User

Thanks for your reply.

Can you tell me about the durability of Mega Block? Does its performance come down after a couple of months? Any special maintenance needed?

durability of all slick antis depends on the intensity of use and whether you maintain it regularly with the msp spray which revitalises the antis slick characteristic. all slick antis become more grippy with time and also their sponge becomes affected with time (like all rubbers)- so you will need to change them at some stage.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017, 15:56 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Thanks for your reply.

I'd say the anti effect wears off much faster than say, a tenergy losing its spin capabilities.

That is to say, given the same amount of use, you'd have to be replacing the anti rubbers more often. How often that is... yep, depends on how you play, how often, and upkeep of the rubbers.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017, 22:01 

AA, thanks again. Sorry to keep asking questions, but I am really considering going for DMS Revolution + DMS MB. We don't get this in India, so I will have to import both the blade and rubber from tabletennis11.com and so before I decide, it's important for me to know how often I would have to change the MB rubber.

1. Is this the spray you were talking about? http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/ ... anti-clean
2. Can this spray be used on a regular inverted rubber too?
3. Assuming I play everyday for 2 hours and maintain it well, how many days (approx) would the MB last?
4. What does maintaining well mean? Using the spray after every session of play and protecting the rubbers will sheet?
5. I checked with tabletennis11.com and they don't have Revolution. Which other blade does the MB perform well on?
6. Are there any special instructions for glueing the MB or can it be done like a normal rubber?

Thanks and Regards.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017, 23:03 
Super User

AA, thanks again. Sorry to keep asking questions, but I am really considering going for DMS Revolution + DMS MB.

NO PROBLEM! ;-)

1. Is this the spray you were talking about? http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/ ... anti-clean

yes!

2. Can this spray be used on a regular inverted rubber too?

it would make the regular inverted more frictionless, change its properties entirely and would be illegal for doing that.

3. Assuming I play everyday for 2 hours and maintain it well, how many days (approx) would the MB last?

i really cant say. it will last for a couple of months (1-3) for sure, just the effect wont be as great as it was originally. the effect will decline with time.

4. What does maintaining well mean? Using the spray after every session of play and protecting the rubbers will sheet?

yes!

5. I checked with tabletennis11.com and they don't have Revolution.

why dont you order the blade directly from here: http://www.der-materialspezialist.com

6. Are there any special instructions for glueing the MB or can it be done like a normal rubber?

buy a gluing sheet and stick it on the blade using it. dont use glue!