OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 17:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 May 2008, 23:58 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Does anyone know if the Joola Toni Hold Antitop 2.5 version plays significantly different than the 1.5 version?

Thinking about putting it on a R*1 with Tango 1.8 on the forehand. Would that be legal with the 2.5 on the backhand? It would be an extremely thick setup.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Last edited by mynamenotbob on 22 May 2008, 05:02, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2008, 02:52 

Hello,

can anybody tell my which Anti top rubber is more frictionless?
Is it joola anti topspin rubber or butterfly super anti rubber?
which anti is slower?

thanks a lot!

Antispin

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2008, 04:19 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

I've been trying a lot of different antis lately.

The Joola Toni Hold Anti-Topspin isn't very frictionless at all and the sponge is very hard and slow. It's very consistent and reliable, but very easy to hit back unless you give a quick little wrist movement at impact (then only slightly less easy to hit back).

The Neubauer antis are probably the most frictionless, but are too fast. I found it difficult to keep hard-hit returns on the table. Maybe there will be some good tips on the video.

The Butterfly Super-Anti and Super-Anti Special are probably the second most frictionless. Both have the same topsheet and a different sponge. The "Special" sponge is heavier and a little slower.

I'd put Juic Neo Anti and Yasaka Anti Power in the same group. They're a little more grippy and can impart a little more spin. They have very soft sponges are are a little more offensive.

The Hallmark Mirage is slow and offers little reverse-spin. Unfortunately, I was expecting something like Super Block and it came apart when I ripped it off the blade in disgust. Looking back I really didn't evaluate it on its merits as an anti, but solely as a Super Block replacement, in which it was a dismal failure. I wonder if it would still be any good if I glued it back together?

There are still a few more antis on my list to try, especially the Nittaku Best Anti, which I have high hopes for.

Also of interest is the Toni Hold Anti Topspin New 40 (OX version !!?) and maybe the Stiga Energy Absorber, although the Stiga is supposed to be quite heavy, which I don't like.

From what I've tried so far, I like the Butterfly antis the best by quite a large margin.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2008, 08:49 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

mynamenotbob wrote:
Also of interest is the Toni Hold Anti Topspin New 40 (OX version !!?)

Despite the fact that they sell it as OX, using inverted rubbers OX is actually illegal.

Use a glue sheet between your Mirage sponge & topsheet- this works very well.

Interesting that the very best (for frictionless style) anti at the moment is Butterfly's SA Special 1.5mm, which has been around for 25? years.

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2008, 09:21 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Toni Hold later added a thin pad underneath to satisfy the sponge rule, but says "it still plays like ox" so they market it as ox. Their site has been down lately. I hope they're still in business.

Is anyone still selling Super Anti Special with 1.5 sponge? Butterflyonline.com only sells it in 1.9 now.

| My OOAK Interview

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2008, 22:36 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

can anyone compare the butterfly super anti and yasaka anti power?

Well thinking on ejing a little more with anti, these 2 i can get, easily.

...Also delving, into the toni hold as well but i guess the price will be more and there are very few places here in Sydney i can get it without ordering online (pinkie:).

But for me I guess i am loving how anti plays and I dont think ill return back to pimples.

Join The GreySide

Metal Monkey :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2008, 23:38 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Super Anti is slick, slow, good reverse spin, good hitting, great control.

Anti Power can put spin on the ball, considered an "attacking anti" although it's still slow. Good hitting, good counterhitting, good control, like a faster Juic Neo Anti.

Joola Toni Hold is similar to Mirage, maybe the slowest of all. Incredible control. Very fun to use, but I think the two above are more dangerous.

| My OOAK Interview

Last edited by mynamenotbob on 05 Jul 2008, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 08:35 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

thanks mynamenotbob,
You truely do know your stuff! Ill probably end up getting the super anti then.
I did check out the toni hold last night and you are right it almost same speed if not a tad slower than the Mirage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 21:05 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

(lol) TT companies have made a small fortune off me because of the pip ban. I've tried just about all the antis except Tibhar Ellen Defense, which has been out of stock at Paddle Palace for weeks. The two I think I prefer are Super Anti and Nittaku Best Anti. I'm also keeping a pip setup and a double-inverted setup in my bag for certain types of opponents.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 06 May 2009, 03:28 

Weird stuff (original, red, max). Topsheet is ban-my-racket pink in color, kind of eraser-like.. not translucent, which I guess is how they can get away with putting a black sponge underneath it? Cost over $50 US and by appearance you would think it it took less than a tenth of that to produce it. Little reversal, unimpressive control, heavy. Was not impressed.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 06 May 2009, 16:29 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
(lol) TT companies have made a small fortune off me because of the pip ban. I've tried just about all the antis except Tibhar Ellen Defense, which has been out of stock at Paddle Palace for weeks. The two I think I prefer are Super Anti and Nittaku Best Anti. I'm also keeping a pip setup and a double-inverted setup in my bag for certain types of opponents.

Teessports sell butterfly superanti in 1.5mm

The 2.5 Joola Toni Hold is very thick. I use the 1.5 with the 2.5 I feel like I get no feedback from or feeling from the rubber. I agree it is a relatively hard and slow sponge with a somewhat grippy top sheet (not so it would react to spin though).

The Ellen Defense hits well. It's a little quicker than both Joola toni hold and Butterfly super anti. Easier to hit with than both, Closer to super anti in its spin characteristics (in red). However, the black ellen defense is quite spinny for an anti. For me the ellen is probably the best hitting anti that still plays like an anti, o.k to defend with and hit (I'm not a fan of the neo anti, I don't like the soft sponge it grips too much against heavy incoming loops).

Toni Hold new 40 that they claim has a sponge but is marketed as 0x as was correctly indicated earlier, is hard to hit with in 0x (it just wants to dive into the net and hits more like a long pimple than an anti). The sponge version is way too quick. In 0x the top sheet is slick, probably slicker than super anti good for blocking though the reversal is nothing like a long pimple. As usual the black is spinnier than red and less effective for blocking. Speed wise it is a little quicker than joola toni hold 1.5 and possibly just quicker than the super anti. It is controllable for pace when defending. The hit is a little quicker (maybe with the thin sponge it penetrates to the blade on haerder impacts)

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2018, 04:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI

title on you tube is a little ambiguous but id say he is using TH anti.ive no idea of the thickness or what blade he is using.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!