OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2017, 19:57 

@ragnolo and @peterpong, I know that, several people tell me to go back to backside in the backhand... but there are a few news :
- with the P ball I feel not to be able to play my old game
- I broke my left cruciate ligament since this video and I can't move like I moved before (ok, I admit I didn't move very much on the video... but now it's worse, yes I can)
- this combination made me be totally bored with my old game, since I feel to be totally inefficient now.

On the video I play quite well, but my opponent is more than 2000 french points whereas I only have 1400 points... really better than me, which helps me to play better too (but no way to win, anyway). I won a 1900 player the same year... sob :(

The slick anti changed everything in my game and that's what I was looking for, another way to play to be happy back the table again.
By the way, learning to play with a slick anti is very difficult but very joyful for me. I'm not afraid of the difficulty nad no more afraid of the time it will take. I start to attack with the anti (first time yesterday I managed to make several attacks and including tha in the game), and I start also to twiddle to be able to use my backhand in my new game.

For now I continue like this. If I can move better in the future and get bored by the anti, I can go back to my old game when I want.

Let's talk about diabolic !

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2017, 19:07 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
i saw your new diabolic/MB Video..first of all it would be better if we could see your opponent in order to see with how much spin he is looping in order to understand what is happening entirely. your technique is wrong: not only are your errors result of not reading the incoming spin correctly (= much spin = open bat, less spin= a bit more closed bat) but you should also stand infront of the ball when you block and stop making that chop-block Motion..the block should be entirely without motion. i also do not know how much your blade factors in.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2017, 21:22 

Thank you for these first comments... I'll try to apply it. Perhaps I will do another video tonight, in match situation.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2017, 22:16 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
popette59 wrote:
Thank you for these first comments... I'll try to apply it. Perhaps I will do another video tonight, in match situation.

To get the right bat angle and also to better control the block and attack back spin it might be easier if you change BH grip a little. Try to press your thumb a little to the inverted rubber (look how Amir holds the bat, you do not need to go all the way to that grip but more in that direction). This helped me a lot, especially for returning serves more accurate

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2017, 05:51 

Blade: VKM off
FH: T05 1,9
BH: Diabolic 1,6
Final test of diabolic and first one of MB.

My 1.6 DB has become even less slick... even after cleaning with dms product. ;(
I had to receive serve the same way I receive them with backside, it is now completely different from what is was 2 weeks ago.

But luckily, a friend of mine had a 1.5 MB in his bag and I could try it.

I tried it on a different blade than my usual Victas Koji offensive. It was on an Innerforce layer ZLF (lower throw angle, more adherent/softer, bit faster).

MB is definitively less adherent than my 2 weeks old DB. If I compare this one to a new DB, the new DB is maybe slicker.

Control was good and reverse is enough to win points or force my opponent to push. Maybe a 2.0 mm is better to slow the ball but this one was enough to play short blocs sometimes.

I will stick with the MB that look more stable.

I attached DB images.

Attachments:
File comment: MB
21982032_10214172451013216_791188134_o.jpg
21982032_10214172451013216_791188134_o.jpg [ 94.59 KiB | Viewed 3758 times ]
File comment: DB zoom
21981678_10214172451133219_790527871_o.jpg
21981678_10214172451133219_790527871_o.jpg [ 78.67 KiB | Viewed 3758 times ]
File comment: DB
21981859_10214172450933214_1538945348_o.jpg
21981859_10214172450933214_1538945348_o.jpg [ 88.42 KiB | Viewed 3758 times ]

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2017, 18:36 

After 2 hours of training, i have also these black markings (like on Transformer). I tried to unstick my DB with a lame (as usual) and a little spray to unstick. A little hole in the sheet and the spray literally ate the sponge :( never seen !
DB is an irremovable rubber !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRrr-mU4GcE

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2017, 23:50 

No much activity here ! Do you have switched to the diabolic ? Do you experiment fast degradation of the diabolic ?

Me I go back to the mega block, suits better my game. Il want something to have the most control as possible and absorb the opoonent's attack. Wondering even to go to megablock 2mm instead of 1,5...

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2017, 15:38 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

popette59 wrote:
No much activity here ! Do you have switched to the diabolic ? Do you experiment fast degradation of the diabolic ?

Me I go back to the mega block, suits better my game. Il want something to have the most control as possible and absorb the opoonent's attack. Wondering even to go to megablock 2mm instead of 1,5...

I use Diabolic. Due to a looong cold I haven't been playing much lately. But with the ABS-ball tou need all spin reversal you can get, but you might even more need ability to keep returns low and short. And attack as soon as you can. Here I think Diabolic has great potential but I need a fee more sessions with it on Invictus blade. With the ABS-ball I found loops too difficult to block safely with it on Revolution, so I changed to Invictus. Great contol in blocks but I need to figure out the FH with this blade, it does not feel great with H3 neo so some Temergy or likewise might do the trick.

With other plastic balls Diabolic on Revolution works great.

Diabolic seems a little more sensitive to humidity and dust. I need to clean it often but then it holds up fine. But I haven't done many sessions with it yet. I might go back to Transformer, that one also worked great on Invictus. But the attacking potential is so much better with Diabolic - but will I use that?

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2017, 16:30 

Yes, diabolic is more sensitive to dust and humidity. It's a real problem according to me, I can't clean it with the DMS spray every three points... and when I was playing with the diabolic, I had to clean it often with my shirt !
And it lacks dampening power, I think. It's too fast for me. I wonder if I put a diabolic topsheet on a megablock sponge... but megablock topsheet has enough spinreversal for me.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2017, 16:34 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

popette59 wrote:
Yes, diabolic is more sensitive to dust and humidity. It's a real problem according to me, I can't clean it with the DMS spray every three points... and when I was playing with the diabolic, I had to clean it often with my shirt !
And it lacks dampening power, I think. It's too fast for me. I wonder if I put a diabolic topsheet on a megablock sponge... but megablock topsheet has enough spinreversal for me.

Use a microfiber cloth to clean it in between spray using.

I also think that Diabolic (with that sponge) might be better suited for slightly softer woods.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2017, 19:56 

Blade: VKM off
FH: T05 1,9
BH: Diabolic 1,6
Hi guys,
I did my first competition this weekend with the diabolic because I didn't want to change just before match.
It went ok, but I am not using 10 % of what glanti could do. I am using my "red" rubber just to return serves and I even twiddle most of the time to receive long and/or upspin serves. As soon as my opponent attacks before me, I twiddle and block with backhand backside all over the table. I don't use the potential of glanti in blocks. But with my almost non slick diabolic it was not efficient anyway.

So... I don't really know what to put on my backhand. But I think that I will quite glanti because of their price and low quality. If you have a drop falling on it during match you can't do anything. And even without this, my diabolic was sometimes very grippy, sometimes slick.
Finally, I came back to best anti. I have to be very aggressive to be efficient with it or I can just go far from the table and chop. Diabolic was quite good for chopping too but you don't really control the spin and often it is just no spin chops.

I think I improved my touch by playing with glanti, I can now do more touch play with best anti than before.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2017, 22:17 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
superbn wrote:
Hi guys,
I did my first competition this weekend with the diabolic because I didn't want to change just before match.
It went ok, but I am not using 10 % of what glanti could do. I am using my "red" rubber just to return serves and I even twiddle most of the time to receive long and/or upspin serves. As soon as my opponent attacks before me, I twiddle and block with backhand backside all over the table. I don't use the potential of glanti in blocks. But with my almost non slick diabolic it was not efficient anyway.

So... I don't really know what to put on my backhand. But I think that I will quite glanti because of their price and low quality. If you have a drop falling on it during match you can't do anything. And even without this, my diabolic was sometimes very grippy, sometimes slick.
Finally, I came back to best anti. I have to be very aggressive to be efficient with it or I can just go far from the table and chop. Diabolic was quite good for chopping too but you don't really control the spin and often it is just no spin chops.

I think I improved my touch by playing with glanti, I can now do more touch play with best anti than before.

hailz to another best anti player-what thickness-i will pm you

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2017, 00:02 

updates?

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2017, 01:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
gucci wrote:
updates?

http://www.noppen-test.de/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=33320
use google translate

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2017, 06:15 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Guys,

Is there any conclusion about durability of Diabolic. Is Diabolic last longer that Mega Block or not ? My Mega Block 1.5 sheet last between three or four months. However, after i month i feel that MB start to lose spin reverse, and trajectory after topspin block became higher. :?:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next