OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2017, 17:28 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
^^Hi.I use best anti.what thickness did you use.Are you british as i may buy the best anti if you dont want it anymore.ive 3 sheets at the moment in 1.8.the new diabolic looks promising ;)

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2017, 23:08 

Blade: VKM off
FH: T05 1,9
BH: Diabolic 1,6
Hi, sorry I am not British (but thanks my poor english takes it as a compliment ^^).

I played with BA in 1.3mm but I will keep it because it is always fun to play with.

I continue having good results at trainings with diabolic. Seems almost too easy to play with, I feel like cheating.

Maybe these rubbers will soon be forbidden...

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2017, 11:18 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
AA can we stay on revolution or do we need invictus for this new anti?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2017, 14:30 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
111Iceman111 wrote:

Works good on Revolution. Invictus is much slower and softer, very different feeling (buf fast on high impact, probably good if you get used to it but that will take some time).

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2017, 14:32 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
111Iceman111 wrote:

i play it on revolution for better reversal. if you want even better control and even shorter, but slightly higher blocks, then invictus is more suitable.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2017, 05:38 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
here it goes, i ordered it today...will keep you posted... :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 17:34 

Well, I played with diabolic for a few trainings now. I'm a bit disappointed by the way... yes, the rubber is very slippery, probably more than the megablock I'm used to. But It's more difficult to block hard topspins with security. Moreover, it seems thatafter a diabolic block, the opponent can easier topspin again, because even if spinreversal is good, the ball falls longer on the table, and the opponent is able to get down in his knees to topspin again. With the MB, the ball's still landing on the table, and I think it's more difficult to manage with it in topspin.
Sometimes I make a fantastic block, and I'm surprised that the opponent can topspin anyway.
Diabolic is more disturbing on push and it's easy to place the ball long and short to make the opponent move through the table. So when I play really offensive it's cool... but when I have to block, I'm not safe.

I have also to struggle with the topsheet. When it's a little wet, or just a little dirty, the spinreversal is falling down, and I can do nothing to block opponent's attacks, even in push balls the opponent can do what he wants on my balls. I didn't have such problems with megablock or only in tremendous conditions.

So I don't know what to do... I don't want to change my blade (OSP Immune Ox Pushblocker) because I love it, hard ply on the backhand, soft ply in the forehand, perfect control and powerful enough for my forehand. And the megablock is well suiting this blade. It's a little too slow in the backhand so that I have to struggle to put the ball in the end of the table, but I think it's easier to go faster with a slow equipment than go slower with a too fast equipment... especially if I have to block hard topspins.

If you have a tip to block shorter with the diabolic, I take... but if I don't manage that I will return with megablock I think.

Some people make custom rubbers with Beast topsheet and Transformer sponge, for example. I wonder if I won't try this with a diabolic topsheet and megablock's sponge for example. @AA does Guido make things like that ?

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 18:20 
Super User

popette59 wrote:
Well, I played with diabolic for a few trainings now.

which sponge thickness and on which blade and with which ball?

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 19:03 

1,6mm, blade is OSP immune ox pushblocker, it's an all+/off- blade with limba on the forehand and another wood harder in the backhand, high throw angle in the forehand and low throw angle in the backhand for the anti.

The ball I use is often Joola Flash, sometimes Joola Super P or nittaku premium, but I struggle with any ball. Super P is the easier because it has more spin and lower rebound.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 19:04 

for info
http://ospblades.com/combi-wood-pushblocker/

very good blade with long pips, good dampening and spinreversal and low angle.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 19:06 
Super User

popette59 wrote:
1,6mm, blade is OSP immune ox pushblocker, it's an all+/off- blade with limba on the forehand and another wood harder in the backhand, high throw angle in the forehand and low throw angle in the backhand for the anti.

The ball I use is often Joola Flash, sometimes Joola Super P or nittaku premium, but I struggle with any ball. Super P is the easier because it has more spin and lower rebound.

superp should enable spin and thus good reversal. i cannot say anything about the immune blade, as i never tried it, but Slick antis, like Long pimples Change their properties radically depending on the blade. so you might want to find a more suitable blade. ist also advisable to make a short film and put on YouTube to asses what might be going wrong

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 19:14 

Yeah I will do a film as soon as I can. It's kind of you to offer help ! Now I hesitate. I can :
- try to optimize my strokes (useful anyway)
- return with megablock 1,5 as I had, or try 1mm
- try a custom rubber like MB sponge and DB topsheet

Changing the blade is not an option for now, it plays well with MB so it should play well with diabolic, no ? and taking a slower blade will be a bad choice for the forehand, I play offensive in the forehand... if diabolic could exist in 2mm I would buy for now !

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 19:37 
Super User

popette59 wrote:
Yeah I will do a film as soon as I can. It's kind of you to offer help ! Now I hesitate. I can :
- try to optimize my strokes (useful anyway)
- return with megablock 1,5 as I had, or try 1mm
- try a custom rubber like MB sponge and DB topsheet

Changing the blade is not an option for now, it plays well with MB so it should play well with diabolic, no ? and taking a slower blade will be a bad choice for the forehand, I play offensive in the forehand... if diabolic could exist in 2mm I would buy for now !

sure just make a film and upload it or send me the link. something definitely is off, as spinny Topspins are Shorter with diabolic 1.6 than MB 1.5
PS: just because the blade works well with mb doesnt mean that there arent better blades that would be even better than that.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 19:57 

Ok. I can do a film against the robot right now. Stay tuned ! For a film in live game I must wait for tuesday.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 19:59 
Super User

popette59 wrote:
Ok. I can do a film against the robot right now. Stay tuned ! For a film in live game I must wait for tuesday.

make one against an actual Opponent...the Robot wont Play back your block ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!