OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 12:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2017, 10:21 

Ordered 2 pieces. I took the mounting option, like that I'm sure the tension will be correctly applied I hope. Very promising ! It seems to help all my problems with megablock, a throw angle too high, very slow in attack and even too slow in defense far from the table... I'm using counter topspin each time I can, so I have to be able to make a step back sometimes, and when I have to go with the megablock back from the table it's very hard... I hope Diabolic will help.
Inversion seems to be diabolic really...
I had never seen Luka attacking with the anti nore defending far from the table... if diabolic allows that it's wonderful !

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2017, 07:23 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
http://www.noppen-test.de/forum/viewtop ... 0&start=60
a little bit of in fighting and then some nice points :up:

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2017, 17:34 

no more review about this new anti ? I received mine. I had no time to try it in game for now ; the topsheet is different from megablock, quite gleamy, more like the Beast. It seems to be really slippery ! The feeling with a ball is the rebound seems to be a little higher than with the megablock, it's more simple to keep a rebound, whereas with the megablock the rebound is dying if you don't make an effort to keep the rebound. The feeling is softer than the megablock.
The two rubbers seem to be quite different. I hope the control to be equal with the megablock as it was said. The topsheet is promising... seem to be really disturbing. I will try it against the robot but I can't play in game before Tuesday. To be continued...

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2017, 18:09 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
popette59 wrote:
no more review about this new anti ? I received mine. I had no time to try it in game for now ; the topsheet is different from megablock, quite gleamy, more like the Beast. It seems to be really slippery ! The feeling with a ball is the rebound seems to be a little higher than with the megablock, it's more simple to keep a rebound, whereas with the megablock the rebound is dying if you don't make an effort to keep the rebound. The feeling is softer than the megablock.
The two rubbers seem to be quite different. I hope the control to be equal with the megablock as it was said. The topsheet is promising... seem to be really disturbing. I will try it against the robot but I can't play in game before Tuesday. To be continued...

Haven't got mine yet. Hopefully Tuesday night first test.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2017, 22:46 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

popette59 wrote:

reviews on noppen de mate-see my link

skilless_slapper wrote:

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2017, 22:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Def-attack wrote:
popette59 wrote:

Haven't got mine yet. Hopefully Tuesday night first test.

hurry up :lol: need the review-looks like you can chop with it aswell :up:

skilless_slapper wrote:

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2017, 22:51 

I read the reviews, but Goethe's language is not my favourite, and Google translate has its limits... well. I tried the Diabolic against a robot yesterday and I'm really enthusiastic.
Control seems to be very good since the reject angle is low and the speed is average. The rubber is quite forgiving, it's easy to adjust after a mistake. The spinreversal is huge, better than the megablock, perhaps better even than Beast. The trajectories of the ball are really surprising but still controllable and the rebound il lower than megablock. The block is good, easy and short ; the sponge is less dampening than Megablock, I'll have to check it against real opponents. The chop is surprisingly easy and low, and far ; really better than the megablock for that. And spinreversal seems to be honest on that skill.
Moreover, attacks seem to be easy too. If I'm able to attack some balls it will really be an improvement of my game. I'll check it out on tuesday, on the training.
Well... really promising !

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2017, 19:50 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

A few days ago I tested my Diabolic 1,6 mm for the first time. I used it on my Revolution blade and we used Stiga Optimum balls (more spin than Stiga Perform or seamless balls). When I first looked at the sheet I got a little disappoited, it looked like coffee had been spilled on the surface or something. Not what I would expect from such an expensive rubber. But since I had waitened more than a wek to get it through slow Swedish postal service and since I only had one hour before opening th package until my training started, I ignored those stains and put it on.

The first thing I noticed was that it felt a lot softer than Mega Block and Transformer. The top sheet felt a little like Neo Anti (but not that soft).Pips are tall and widely spaced, like Transformer, but with a slightly thicker top sheet I think. Sponge feels similar to Mega Block's but it feels more like textile than sponge. So, as a whole, the feeling is rather different from Mega Block.

BLocking with it felt somewhere in between Transformer and Mega Block. Some loops went long (hard, low spin) and some went to the net. I will need a few more sessions and different loopers to get to know it better. But I could tell it was not as safe as Mega Block 1,5 mm but more safe than Transformer 1,5 mm. And when I got it right, blocks were very low and with more back spin than from Mega Block. But, like with Mega Block, the touch whe blocking is very important for how little of the spin you will kill with your block. If you manage to keep the ball low and short (not blocking too close to the bounce but rather 5-10 cm above the table) our opponent will have serious troubles getting the ball back. My opponent, who is now very used to Mega BLcok and Transformer, thought the funkiness was not as much as with Transformer, that the ball behaved more linear after my block, not stopping in the air as much. We'll see what other opponents says later.

Where this rubbers differs the most compared to MB and Transfomrer is attacking. It is way much easier with this one to just slap the ball with a fat hit. The softness wil kind of embrace the ball and guide it straight on, and perhaps also kill some of the spin. So if the ball is slightly higher than the net, just hit it with the bat perpendicular to the where you aim. Attacking back spin is of course mroe easy with Diabolic tha the others and this also has to do with the two gears of Diabolic. It si very slow on low impact, but when you add speed the ball shoots away rather fast. And not fast like hiting with a clean blade without rubbers, more like a normal, very soft, thin but not grippy rubber. Almost like Neo Anti actually (if I remember corectly). This is great fun! But once your oponent get to know these attacks it is not that difficult to get the ball back, so you can't really built a game around attaking with this rubber like that. The Amir-attack is still something to use a lot, or the way Luka does it with a combination af side sweep and aggrasive push. Both works well but can't be done exacly the same as with MB since this is a faster rubber.

Sooo....
not as secure as MB but more secure than Transformer,
more attacking posibilites than the other DMS slick antis I have tried (well, BEAST migh be a little better),
more back spin than MB (perhaps even more than Transformer)
much more dynamic than the other (this might not be what you want).

I like it and will keep evaluating it for the next few sessions. And I will test it with other balls as well. But not on other blades for now, maybe in late November.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2017, 20:53 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

^appreciate the review m8.Im a bit disappointed that its touch/angle dependent on the blocks.
when using best anti i can just stick out the blade and the ball goes back low.Maybe its because im so used to it though.

skilless_slapper wrote:

Last edited by peterpong on 08 Sep 2017, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2017, 21:38 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
^appreciate the review m8.Im a bit disappointed that its blade dependent on the blocks.

I hope I did not say anything that sounds like it is blade dependent, because I have only tested it on Revolution so far, so I would not know that.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2017, 21:53 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Apologies mate.Ive now altered my post.I meant touch and blade angle dependent.
im used to very easy to play antis like neo,yap and best anti on defence blades.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2017, 21:58 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
im used to very easy to play antis like neo,yap and best anti on defence blades.

Well, compared to MEga Block you might need a little more touch for different strokes, since Mega Block is more linear and Diabolic more dynamic. But it is still very easy and not very angle dependent.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2017, 22:01 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Def-attack wrote:
peterpong wrote:

Well, compared to MEga Block you might need a little more touch for different strokes, since Mega Block is more linear and Diabolic more dynamic. But it is still very easy and not very angle dependent.

cheers-the reviews on noppen de are also good-hope all goes well-i like the idea of the softer sponge-whats it like for chopping :rofl:

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2017, 21:27 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
http://www.noppen-test.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33320&start=60
a little bit of in fighting and then some nice points :up:

I read at that forum and it gets really funny sometimes when having Google translating it, especially signatures :)

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2017, 01:00 

Blade: VKM off
FH: T05 1,9
BH: Diabolic 1,6
Hello,

After playing for 8-10 years with long pips (and sometimes anti or soft) in backhand, I played this summer with best anti because I wanted to play with a faster blade but every LP I tried on this one were too fast.

Best anti was a lot of fun but not that effective, too many easy balls to kill and not so efficient in bloc or chop.

I have tried transformer in 0,6mm some times ago on Victas Matsushita but the control was bad.

My play style is offensive with a lot of twiddling to block and attack with the backside. I also sometimes play a more "modern defense"-like style. With the best anti it was quite fun. I read the first good reviews about diabolic and wanted to try so I ordered one.

I received my diabolic 3 days ago and played twice with it. The control of transformer in 0,6mm is nothing compared to diabolic in 1,6mm. I was surprised how easy it was to play with diabolic on my fast, high throw angle, blade.
Speed is similar to best anti.The inversion is ok, like most of d-tecs LP I would say. But it is very easy to return serves short and low, getting back the initiative. It is also easy to push aggressively on backspin and no spin.
Choping with it is easy and the spin is a bit random.
The hardest part for me is to not close the racket against strong topspin.

Like best anti, if I just give back the ball I give an easy ball to kill, I have to either push short or very long. The difference is that I can push short much easily than with BA.

Good alternative to Ox LP for people who want to use a fast blade.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!