OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 02:52 

Blade: Primorac Carbon
FH: Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH: Nittaku Best Anti 1.2
I have been playing with Nittaku Best Anti 1.2 mm on the backhand so far. I now bought a Dr. N Hercules blade with Dr. N Rhino 1.2 mm on backhand. I played in my club with the new bat today for the first time and I have to admit that the transition was very hard. With my old bat, on my backhand I mostly blocked, pushed and chopped once in a while and I was doing ok and was beating everyone in my club. But the push and the blocks were very hard with the new bat. Most of my club players serve fast to my back hand and when i pushed slightly with the Bison they were able to whack it back flat. And my service return pushes (for a pendulum serve) which were so easy with my old bat, I found the ball landing into the net with the new bat today. I think for the most part I played with the same technique as the old bat, except I did not chop at all today. I could sense some disruption in rally returns from a bit away from the table, but it did not seem to trouble the opponents much and there were able to hit it back flat. I was able to block smashes easily with NBA but with the Bison, the blocks landed right in front me on my side of the table. I don't know if I am using the Bison wrong, but I get a feeling that the slick antis work well only if there is incoming spin.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 05:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
i use best anti in 1.8 and love it for its consistancy.by all means give other antis ago but i think you will return to the safety of best ant.

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 07:24 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Right on both accounts! The slick anti require different techniques and they also work better with more spin.

I'm facing the same situation now myself. With opponents who don't use a ton of spin, I feel the slick antis best feature is going to waste! That being said, the serve returns should be much easier. Takes practice to find the correct angles and such.

But with the slick anti I can frustrate enough people who consider themselves to be good servers. They just Kind of shake their head st me and say, I don't know what serve to use!

Since the anti is basically immune to all of them if you do more passive returns to hard angles. Once they can't win outright from a serve they lose confidence. One benefit to the slick anti. When I play much better players, I don't lose on the serve... but I may not win on it either! Just neutralizing their usual opening moves.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 11:30 

Blade: Primorac Carbon
FH: Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH: Nittaku Best Anti 1.2
Thanks guys. I forgot to mention that the Dr. N Hercules blade was amazing with the kiso-hinoki wood. I think kiso-hinoki is Japanese and there are blades with hinoki wood that are from Korea, China. I tend to top spin high balls instead of smashing on my fh and sometimes get into the shot a bit early and my loops would go beyond the table but with the Hercules it was amazing to see the ball land beautifully on the table. Great feeling. I use Joola Rhyzm-P on FH. Not a total waste of money on Dr. N, after all.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2017, 17:55 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
skilless_slapper wrote:
Right on both accounts! The slick anti require different techniques and they also work better with more spin.

I'm facing the same situation now myself. With opponents who don't use a ton of spin, I feel the slick antis best feature is going to waste! That being said, the serve returns should be much easier. Takes practice to find the correct angles and such.

But with the slick anti I can frustrate enough people who consider themselves to be good servers. They just Kind of shake their head st me and say, I don't know what serve to use!

Since the anti is basically immune to all of them if you do more passive returns to hard angles. Once they can't win outright from a serve they lose confidence. One benefit to the slick anti. When I play much better players, I don't lose on the serve... but I may not win on it either! Just neutralizing their usual opening moves.

re no spin merchants-2 bats is the solution lol-normal anti on the other one-top players who know how to play the anti dont overplay into it and are careful.they serve fast no spin balls or try and serve to the f/h

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl: