OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 03:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: From LP to ANTI change.
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2018, 22:51 

Hi There.

Im thinking of changing from LP to ANTI, and I need advice of what type of anti would fit me best.

Im a pretty passive blocker/hitter with my LP (close to the table play). Currently playing with FIRESTARTER + HELLFIRE OX.

The reason I play with OX is that I cant control sponge versions as well, the speed and the different strokes sponge versions give, does just not suit my play. Therefore I play with OX in a push/blocker/hitter style.

I have looked at the MEGABLOCK anti rubber, and think I will try it out, but what sponge should it be?

It must be atleast as slow as my HELLFIRE OX, and somewhat low Blocks, if thats possible ;) Easy service returns and short too is a must.

Any other players that have changed from LP to ANTI, that would like to share their experiences?

Kind Regards
Evander

Andro HD 2,0
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2018, 01:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
i would suggest Nittaku Best Anti in 1.8.gives great control when blocking hard top spins close to the table.you can also chop.great for receiving serves and very easy to play with.it may seem a little dead but its worth a try.i am experimenting with long pips but the anti is very reliable.some people also use 1.3mm-i have not tried that yet.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2018, 01:35 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Mega block in 2.0 I'd say is one of, if not the slowest rubbers in existence!

And I've tried some of the Dr n anti, butterfly super anti, nittaku best anti, ellen defense, juic anti, and a number of the dms

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2018, 04:04 

skilless_slapper wrote:
Mega block in 2.0 I'd say is one of, if not the slowest rubbers in existence!

And I've tried some of the Dr n anti, butterfly super anti, nittaku best anti, ellen defense, juic anti, and a number of the dms

Ok thats the one I was thinking of too, what the big difference in 2,0 and 1,0 etc?

Andro HD 2,0

Post subject: From LP to ANTI change.
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2018, 06:30 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
Any anti would be slower than Hellfire. It would be an easier adjustment going from LP to classic anti than to frictionless anti. You will maintain some versatility including hitting ability. Just not as much passive reversal as with flanti.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2018, 16:56 
Super User

My two penneth: Just stick with LP to save yourself from another learning curve using Flanti ;)

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2018, 04:10 

TTbuddy wrote:
My two penneth: Just stick with LP to save yourself from another learning curve using Flanti ;)

Haha u think its that hard to change from LP to ANTI?

Andro HD 2,0

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2018, 06:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
evander wrote:
TTbuddy wrote:

Haha u think its that hard to change from LP to ANTI?

no but hes talking about Flanti ;)

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2018, 08:31 
Super User

yep! Flanti not Anti :rock:

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2018, 10:12 
Super User

I didn't find the change that hard, and I routinely swap LP and FLanti setups. Just takes a few hits and blocks to get up to my same puny level. I usually get comments from players like "omg I can't believe you can swap back and forth like that!?!"

It will take some adjustments when you first swap, though I think it's fairly easy to get going on them if you were decent with LP. Disclaimer: helps that I have a robot and can practice for the muscle memory.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2018, 13:13 
Super User

Muscle memory for sure. Lucky you have a robot to practice for this major adjustment skilless_slapper. I'll join the others in saying 'Good on you for being able to swap back and forth like that' :up: . However, I am not convinced it's an easy transition for most decent LP players to move permanently to Flanti; let alone back and forth like you do whilst maintaining your level of play with both. :bow: ;)

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2018, 14:03 
Super User

TTbuddy wrote:
Muscle memory for sure. Lucky you have a robot to practice for this major adjustment skilless_slapper. I'll join the others in saying 'Good on you for being able to swap back and forth like that' :up: . However, I am not convinced it's an easy transition for most decent LP players to move permanently to Flanti; let alone back and forth like you do whilst maintaining your level of play with both. :bow: ;)

I think it helps if the level you're maintaining is very bad! :lol:

But yes, it is quite a change going from any of the current legal LP's to frictionless anti. You might THINK the LP has only a tiny bit of grip (even d.techs) ... but compared to the FLanti, it's still quite grippy -- enough to warrant big technique changes.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2018, 21:16 

skilless_slapper wrote:
TTbuddy wrote:

But yes, it is quite a change going from any of the current legal LP's to frictionless anti. You might THINK the LP has only a tiny bit of grip (even d.techs) ... but compared to the FLanti, it's still quite grippy -- enough to warrant big technique changes.

Well for me the lesser the grip the better, so I think I will like FL anti, I have allways wanted the LP with the least friction and slowest anyway ;)

Andro HD 2,0

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2018, 02:40 
Super User

evander wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:
TTbuddy wrote:

Well for me the lesser the grip the better, so I think I will like FL anti, I have allways wanted the LP with the least friction and slowest anyway ;)

In that case the mega block 2.0 should be perfect. I put a sheet on a black balsa 3.0 blade... Almost every block is a 2 bouncer! At minimum... it's so slow I have to hit into the ball if I want a long block.

Mega block feels slow in all thicknesses though. I have it in .6 also and even on faster blades it's pretty dull speed wise. The 2.0 is crazy slow though especially on slow blades but then the effect is weaker.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2018, 11:16 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
I would like to try FLanti, but the main thing that concerns me is their durability. I have no experience with them personally and someone can correct me if I am generalising too much, but I have read quite a few reports of them losing their frictionless qualities rather quickly and these Neubauer/DMS rubbers are not cheap. This contrasts with classic anti where the opposite can happen. I’ve had anti power and super anti that has gotten more slippery as it aged.