OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 05:38 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Matt Pimple wrote:
Dusty054 wrote:
Thanks, well I don’t usually like really slow anti’s. Last one I used was Django which on Neubauer website is rated faster than Tarantula.

I’ve never used rubber cement. What’s the advantage over normal water based glues?

If you don't like really slow antis than Tarantula is good. For me it was the best of the frictionless Dr. N antis (I tested all) for attacking in particular smashing underspin balls over the table.

I'm not sure there is a distinct advantage of using rubber cement over wbg, it just depends on what you prefer. Rubber cement is cheap though ($4 for 8oz.) and can easily be dissolved with acetone which I do to remove my antis from the blade.

Just be careful with aceton for removing some soft dampening sponges. I wrecked a 1.2 mm Reflection (it was already in poor shape) by using aceton for removing (I had already lost the glue sheet I used when I first attached it). The sponge kind of melted where it got in contact with aceton for more than like one second.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 06:00 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Def-attack wrote:
Just be careful with aceton for removing some soft dampening sponges. I wrecked a 1.2 mm Reflection (it was already in poor shape) by using aceton for removing (I had already lost the glue sheet I used when I first attached it). The sponge kind of melted where it got in contact with aceton for more than like one second.

I never had this problem but I also never had a sponge where the glue sheet was gone. I don't know the sponge of the Reflection (is it really soft?) but since the Dr. N ABS sponge is hard and dense, I don't think it would be a problem.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 16:24 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Matt Pimple wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

I never had this problem but I also never had a sponge where the glue sheet was gone. I don't know the sponge of the Reflection (is it really soft?) but since the Dr. N ABS sponge is hard and dense, I don't think it would be a problem.

Yes, it is soft and foam-like and probably why that happend (and of course, they are very fragile without the glue sheet). A Neubauer anti is not that fragile (well, Gorilla is but more in tha way that the top sheet seperates from the sponge).

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 16:58 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
I just have to decide what blade to try it on. The only spare ones I currently have are an OSP Virtuoso and a Defplay Senso, both of which might be a bit flexy to be ideal. But perhaps they'll be ok for experimenting.