OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 04:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 13 May 2018, 17:55 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
so_devo wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
111Iceman111 wrote:
happy to hear you will stay on anti friend :up:

:)

I made sure to use DMS pro cleaner before every match and I tried to use a well worn ball. Once I had an all new ball, so I just poured some water on it and dried it. But used balls are a little better for the anti.
Even as a double inverted player I do that with new balls to avoid getting the white dust on my bat. But if it were that effective at reducing friction (I don't think it is until the ball wears, as you state) you wouldn't gain much as you would be making your inverted less effective. Like every equipment choice in TT it has pros and cons!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I always clean new balls not to get the white dust on my inverted rubber (and on the anti). But when cleaning these new abs-balls and drying them thoroghly with a cloth you also make them less rough on the surface. The are like sandpaper on the surface when they are new, and that gets better when used and also when cleaned. Not sure if it affects the spin very much from inverted side...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 31 May 2018, 17:27 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Reflection 1.5 on Revolution blade is not good combination. Blocks fall on the table but there is no spin reverse. Similarly, i concluded that Diabolic 1.6 dont work on Revolution. But on DrN Hercules Diabolic looked far better, and generally slower Hercules blade plus Diabolic is better combination than Revolution and Reflection. I will try Reflection on DrN Hercules and we will see....

Now, i understand why top anti players, Luka, Amir and Balaban use slightly slower blades than Revolution or Destroyer, like Invictus, Olimpea...
Also, manufacturers presented new blades under 80 speed rate.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 16:10 

Reflection 1.5 dont work on DrN Hercules, too.
;( Ball is slow against loop and falls on the table, but with NO or MINIMUM spin reverse. :headbang:
I dont recommend 1.5 tickness. Diabolic 1.6 and Mega Block 1.5 are far better!!!

Test with seamless Joola flash ball.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 16:28 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

mataxxl wrote:
;( Ball is slow against loop and falls on the table, but with NO or MINIMUM spin reverse. :headbang:
I dont recommend 1.5 tickness. Diabolic 1.6 and Mega Block 1.5 are far better!!!

I use 1,2 mm on a fast carbon blade (Stiga Carbonado 190) and that is fine. I only use ABS-balls, so I compare with other antis and that ball. I think you should try a thinner sponge. But if you don’t have to play with ABS-balls you might as well stay with Mega Block. Even if you use ABS there is no big difference between Reflection and Mega Block (simply because there is so little spin in the ball from the opponnent).

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2018, 22:20 

mataxxl wrote:

I have Diabolic 1.6 and is pretty decent, my custom ABS slower and better though. The Reflection 1.5 sounded interesting for me to try until I read these comments.

How is possible it does have minimum to no reversal at all? Is it no slicker than diabolic?

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2018, 04:57 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
Def-attack wrote:
mataxxl wrote:

I use 1,2 mm on a fast carbon blade (Stiga Carbonado 190) and that is fine. I only use ABS-balls, so I compare with other antis and that ball. I think you should try a thinner sponge. But if you don’t have to play with ABS-balls you might as well stay with Mega Block. Even if you use ABS there is no big difference between Reflection and Mega Block (simply because there is so little spin in the ball from the opponnent).

actually there is a big difference: reflection is far slower and the blocks are much shorter.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2018, 05:23 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

AA wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
mataxxl wrote:

actually there is a big difference: reflection is far slower and the blocks are much shorter.

Yes, if you compare 1,5 mm Mega Block with 1,5 mm Reflection that would be the case. But 1,2 mm Reflection and 1,5 mm Mega Block are rather similar, just that Reflection is a tad slower. Those are the once I have experience from (but I did not say that in my post).

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2018, 12:28 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
I didn't see a lot of video with this anti but I can say that in that video the anti is not used for it maximum caracteristics. I see your opening with a BH push on his BH push. I think punch will work better. Look amir doing it and you will see how is rarely chop the ball. He's hitting it slighly so it keep the ball short. There is too much force on this shot sending the ball near the end of the table floating. As you said easy ball for your friends. On this same exchange you than loop with your forehand and he,s counter looping. But than you do an other counter loop. The BH anti should be used as the ball has a lot of top spin. You will see amir ofter go with his BH anti to the right of the table to block the top spin. Again when he does that he softly block the ball or chopblock it. There is only foreaarm movement. No weight is put on the block or if there is the force is put downward not forward.

The main purpose of this blade is too keep it short with a variation of spin. I ewould like to ear from AA on that. Correct me if its not correct

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2018, 21:36 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Test of 1,5 mm on fast carbon blade
http://youtu.be/lxN9pBhQLvQ

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2018, 17:42 

https://youtu.be/cB2a0o9uGSw

Revolution and Reflection 0.9 looks solid. Better than 1.5.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2018, 03:54 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
mataxxl wrote:
https://youtu.be/cB2a0o9uGSw

Revolution and Reflection 0.9 looks solid. Better than 1.5.

There is not just a difference in the sponge thickness in those two videos but also in the skill level. ;)

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2018, 06:28 

Blade: Stiga Hypertech 35/45
FH: Nittaku G-1 Max
BH: Butterfy SuperAnti 2.0 mm
^ I was actually impressed by the 1.5mm performance done on a OFF+ blade using relatively universal form strokes by the Ukrainian tester. Mine is on the way from DMS to the US store I ordered it from, should be in my hands some time next week. I almost ordered 0.9mm but eventually decided to do 1.5mm, mainly due to I'm a bit scared of the sound a thin sponge will make every time I hit with it, with me coming from 2.0 and 2.2mm SA. But also, having given up on much effective spin reversal with the Nittaku balls, I think I want to go for the extra slowness factor the thicker sponge should provide, as my first priority is to be able to block the power drives. :Defense:

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2018, 08:51 

Couple of months ago i take of this Mega Block from Revolution blade with aim to find solve for seamless balls as Joola Flash or xu shao fa balls. I bet all matches in my league until this time, 21:0 :D
I started to play with Diabolic 1.6 on Revolution which was is to fast for me, lack of control. I began to lose matches. :headbang: So, I try Diabolic on Hercules and played very well but also results in league was slightly worse than before with Mega Block. :?:

I tried all combination of Reflection 1.5 on three woods, Revolution, Hercules and Yasaka Balsa (all+ for me, not off). Also, i borrowed Reflection 1.2 on slow ALL wood. I did not satisfied with spin reverse in general in all combination. :headbang:

Now, I back my 6 months old sheet Mega Block 1.5 on Hercules. Spin reverse is again here :clap: like as with Diabolic but slower, thus more controllable, so speed is similar, but slightly faster than Reflection. Thus, in my opinion, Mega Block is the best fanti until now. :up: I use seamless Joola flash and plastic balls of the first generation. I did not tried ABS ball longer than couple of minutes, but i think that Mega Block gives better results in general than Reflection if you use slower woods, as Hercules or slower one.

The key is in TIME which ball spends in air !!! With Reflection ball spends a lot of time in the air, so I believe that Reflection may do good job eventually on really fast blades OFF, OFF+, not on ALL or DEF category, to remain some spin in the ball.

Our goal is to find such fanti which are something in the middle of speed category paired with blade, not the slowest or not the fastest combination, to keep the both, control and spin reverse. I will keep on Hercules + Mega Block 1.5, until influence of ABS balls make me to search further.

ABS balls are not so represented in Serbia, so my conclusions don't include these balls.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2018, 10:38 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
How does reflection work on fast, thick blades? Just got a 1.5 sheet and curious which I should slap it on... butterfly garaydia blades?

Fast and direct, or slower?

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2018, 11:49 

Blade: Stiga Hypertech 35/45
FH: Nittaku G-1 Max
BH: Butterfy SuperAnti 2.0 mm
I put a 1.5mm on a Mazunov blade. It’s still quite slow, amazingly. Mazunov is very stiff though, and I think a rather low throw angle. But with 1.5mm Reflection, I would not be afraid to put it on a fast and springier Carbon blade, even with higher elasticity. I felt it didn’t have many gears though, just security through slowness. For me, I realized I need more gears from my Anti though as just slow makes it rather teethless (toothless?) for the opponent, and I need to be prepared to win the points with my other rubber. Cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next