OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2018, 06:25 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
peterpong wrote:
^^you are not allowed to try this rubber as you are playing very well with the aggressor :D ;)
https://forum.tennis-de-table.com/t/der ... tion/24198

I play horrible with Aggressor unless I face familiar players... :(

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2018, 08:02 
Super User

Is that on your Reflection DA? :lol: :lol: :lol: Agree with peterpong as your play seemed very good with Aggressor ;)

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2018, 08:53 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
stop it guys...

we need DA to switch to fanti so he can test this Reflection rubber for us! :rock:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2018, 16:07 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
stop it guys...

we need DA to switch to fanti so he can test this Reflection rubber for us! :rock:

I am not changing, yet. First a test. I will also test Power Pipe if that seems like a nice fit to me. I may also try Aggressor on a slower blade.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2018, 19:31 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
111Iceman111 wrote:
stop it guys...

I am not changing, yet. First a test. I will also test Power Pipe if that seems like a nice fit to me. I may also try Aggressor on a slower blade.

test is good enough mate :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2018, 20:11 

I have bought, reflection 0,9 and it goes on my Aurora blade.

Will post the review soon ;)

Andro HD 2,0
-----------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 20:43 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

From my blog:

First test with 1,2 mm Reflection on Carbonado today... extremely slow and safe! Very easy to block loops and block short. Easy tonmake short returns on serves. But you can’t do anything about the lack of spin in the ABS-ball, you need to adapt to the lesser back spin. And this rubber is one way of trying to adapt by making the returns as slow as possible. Another way would be to make the faster to put preassure on the opponent.
I like the Reflection. Inhave tried the fast solution and that requires a very different game. I like to feel safe with BH and attack with FH or twiddle and attack with BH. And for that Reflection is perfect, and probably as good as it can be with the ABS-ball.

This rubber is most similar to Mega Block but with a smoother top and softer sponge. The top sheet is more like Transformer than Mega Blocl with long and hard pips. Sponge is like Mega Block/Transformer but softer and slower.

I am very rusty in my anti-game since I have been using MP on BH for more than two months. So I made many misstakes where I tried to attack back spin in a way that works with Aggressor but is very toothless with Reflection. Also, many blocks went to the net... It will take some time before I am back again in the same shape as before, but I really feel that Reflection has potential. So I will probably enter the small local competition on Tuesday to give it a real test.

Here are a few sets, from poor angle and not with great playing. Not many points where you can see how the anti works, since my opponent is very well used to my anti-style and avoid lots of the strengths of the anti. I also must work on getting my twiddeling back in the game (I did not use with MP).

http://youtu.be/4OGJF_MEets

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2018, 16:29 

Well I got the reflection 0.9 mounted on my Hallmark Aurora blade.

This is my first anti rubber so I cannot compare to any other anti I have been playing with Hellfire LP OX before.

The first thing I noticed was I had to have the angle of the racket just right or the ball would go way too high or way too low into the net. But I Guess thats just the way antis Work? I think LP are much more forgiving, in OX atleast.

But after 1 hour or so I became better at handling the angle, and I was able to short Block most loops from my opponent. If I was facing a spinny loop, a pretty simple short Block would win the point right away. Even when my opponent was in place to push the ball back he send it into the net or too Long. Extreme reversal when blocking a loop passively. It was even a good strategy to serve Long so I would Face a loop and just Block it right away.

When serving I found out that a Short serve underspin and or sidespring , when returned back Short or long I could push really hard and Long and it was very difficult for my opponent to return.

Hitting was possible when facing a quick serve to the backhand, but requires some training

Chopping well not so good, atleast in 0.9 I really had to use a Lot of energy to get the ball back or it would end on my own side of the table. And not much reversal when chopping.

My first experience with anti was fin, Will try it some more and I might chance from LP. Have to try it in real matches first.

Any comments in this is more than welcome.

Kind regards
Evander

Andro HD 2,0
-----------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2018, 22:49 
Super User

tnx for the review...

with which balls did you play ?

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2018, 02:56 

Blade: Stiga Hypertech 35/45
FH: Nittaku G-1 Max
BH: Butterfy SuperAnti 2.0 mm
Def-attack wrote:
From my blog:

First test with 1,2 mm Reflection on Carbonado today... extremely slow and safe! Very easy to block loops and block short. Easy tonmake short returns on serves. But you can’t do anything about the lack of spin in the ABS-ball, you need to adapt to the lesser back spin. And this rubber is one way of trying to adapt by making the returns as slow as possible. Another way would be to make the faster to put preassure on the opponent.
I like the Reflection. Inhave tried the fast solution and that requires a very different game. I like to feel safe with BH and attack with FH or twiddle and attack with BH. And for that Reflection is perfect, and probably as good as it can be with the ABS-ball.

This rubber is most similar to Mega Block but with a smoother top and softer sponge. The top sheet is more like Transformer than Mega Blocl with long and hard pips. Sponge is like Mega Block/Transformer but softer and slower.

I am very rusty in my anti-game since I have been using MP on BH for more than two months. So I made many misstakes where I tried to attack back spin in a way that works with Aggressor but is very toothless with Reflection. Also, many blocks went to the net... It will take some time before I am back again in the same shape as before, but I really feel that Reflection has potential. So I will probably enter the small local competition on Tuesday to give it a real test.

Here are a few sets, from poor angle and not with great playing. Not many points where you can see how the anti works, since my opponent is very well used to my anti-style and avoid lots of the strengths of the anti. I also must work on getting my twiddeling back in the game (I did not use with MP).

Hi DA,
I'm hesitant about the sponge thickness, as I'm used to 2.0mm soft sponge anti.
After testing 1.2mm, did you feel like it is the optimum thickness?
I mean, did you feel like 0.9mm would make it a bit too fast therefore difficult to return power drives?
And, did you feel that it is slow enough and no need to go to 1.5mm for extra slow/control?
While we all want more reversal, I think my first concern is to be able to comfortably block strong power loops.
Appreciate any further heads up.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2018, 03:05 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

univesse wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
From my blog:

Hi DA,
I'm hesitant about the sponge thickness, as I'm used to 2.0mm soft sponge anti.
After testing 1.2mm, did you feel like it is the optimum thickness?
I mean, did you feel like 0.9mm would make it a bit too fast therefore difficult to return power drives?
And, did you feel that it is slow enough and no need to go to 1.5mm for extra slow/control?
While we all want more reversal, I think my first concern is to be able to comfortably block strong power loops.
Appreciate any further heads up.

I would start with 1,2 mm if you have a fast blade. Very slow and safe. A little slower than Mega Block 1,5 mm I think.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 18:58 

Hi,
After many hours, my RF (0.9 and 1.2) appear faster. Reversal disappear! Have you felt ? :(
I test Armor All Protectant, the rubber is too smooth, sliding, ...unplayable ? Have you tested ?
Thanks (sorry for my english)
laurent

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 19:05 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

bamboo wrote:
Hi,
After many hours, my RF (0.9 and 1.2) appear faster. Reversal disappear! Have you felt ? :(
I test Armor All Protectant, the rubber is too smooth, sliding, ...unplayable ? Have you tested ?
laurent

I have not played more than 10-15 hours yet, so mine 1,2 mm is not yet worn. But I use DMS cleaner after approximately every hour of game. And since I use ABS balls only I will probably not notice any change in spin reversal (but in speed).

I’ll report back after more hours. Also, I will write a more thoroghly review later, just need more hours of playing with it first.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2018, 00:37 
Super User

bamboo wrote:
Hi,
laurent

if you have been using armor all it has probably soak into rubber a bit and make it faster...it happened to me when i was testing some other substance, the rubber became unplayable :rofl:

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2018, 08:01 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
How effective is just having a super slow anti, though? Watching the higher ranked players, they seem to very rarely score points from short blocks alone (unless after blocking a SUPER heavy spun loop). Amir and such appear to be having longer blocks much of the time. I don't see a whole lot of difference between the LP crew and the anti goons, aside from the dampening sponge and more reversal. But even Amelie S. just does long blocks most of the time. Along with Sushmit

Is placement with speed (and a bit of disruption) superior, anyway? You do get the surprise points once in awhile, doing a really soft block and getting a few bounces on the table while the opponent is expecting a loop ranged return.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next