OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 21:36

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2018, 22:54 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
This has just been released, info from DMS webbsite:

ith the REFLECTION Anti der-materialspezialist combines an outstanding smooth topsheet with an extremely slow damping sponge.
This sensational new invention enables short blocking and short disruptional play directly at the table.

The extremely slow speed along with the extreme spin reversal and the disturbing trajectories is a deadly combination.
The hardest shots and topspins can be blocked easily as a short block, just after the net, even by just holding the bat against the ball. You can even play dangerous pressed sideway swipe balls as disruptional offensive shots.

Due to the very slow dampening sponge, the control values are extremely high.
REFLECTION: Maximum speed absorption combined with extreme spin reversal and highest disruption.

The highest disruptive effect and the best spin reversal you get with REFLECTION in 0,9mm.
The 1,5 mm version is the slowest.The 1,2mm version is a perfect compromise.

Speed: 22
Control: 106
Disruptive effect: 105

And here is the film with Amir using it on a new blade Olympea:

http://youtu.be/7OLMu7cuSPs

This looks very interesting of course. But a question to Amir: were any of the matches in the film above played with ABS-ball? If so, which ones?

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2018, 23:20 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
I agree with def attack question for Amir. Also, i want to ask Amir, why do you change Revolution with Olimpea? Reflection and Revolution are still good combination and which rubber thickness you prefer on revolution ?

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2018, 02:29 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
hi!

all matches were played with a non-abs ball, as our club plays with a non-abs ball and all matches took place within the 2.cnd national league in our club. regrettably there has been no match at a different club in this time span since availability of the rubber to me up to this day.

in table tennis some blades work better with certain rubber combinations and in this case olympea really seems made for reflection since it offers the right mix of control, speed and reversal. however revolution aslo works great with it. i prefer the thinnest sponge thickness because this rubber is really very slow. however my assumption is that many will prefer this and will go for one of the thicker versions for more control

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2018, 04:36 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

AA wrote:
hi!

all matches were played with a non-abs ball, as our club plays with a non-abs ball and all matches took place within the 2.cnd national league in our club. regrettably there has been no match at a different club in this time span since availability of the rubber to me up to this day.

in table tennis some blades work better with certain rubber combinations and in this case olympea really seems made for reflection since it offers the right mix of control, speed and reversal. however revolution aslo works great with it. i prefer the thinnest sponge thickness because this rubber is really very slow. however my assumption is that many will prefer this and will go for one of the thicker versions for more control

Thanks Amir!

Is Reflection slower than Mega Block?

How is Olympea compared to Revolution in terms of speed, stiffness and throw angle?

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2018, 05:56 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
Def-attack wrote:

Thanks Amir!

How is Olympea compared to Revolution in terms of speed, stiffness and throw angle?

ha! big fat yes! the change in speed between diabolic and megablock isnt that extreme. it is however with reflection as it has a new red sponge. reflection 0.9 is way slower than diabolic 1.6.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2018, 07:10 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

AA wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

Thanks Amir!

ha! big fat yes! the change in speed between diabolic and megablock isnt that extreme. it is however with reflection as it has a new red sponge. reflection 0.9 is way slower than diabolic 1.6.

Cool!

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2018, 14:40 

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: Tenergy 05 max.
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
I’ve already bought a complete racket from MSP on Monday.

I will test the setup and give you all feedback.

BR from Germany.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2018, 06:22 
Super User

FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
ok, interesting...

looking forward to hear the upcoming reviews... :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2018, 06:25 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
ok, interesting...

looking forward to hear the upcoming reviews... :up:

Some words already at Noppentest...

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2018, 06:42 
Super User

so we need our German colleagues to dig something up and translate the synopsis pls :rock:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2018, 12:25 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
111Iceman111 wrote:
so we need our German colleagues to dig something up and translate the synopsis pls :rock:

Google translate I use seems to work fine for the noppen forum. Here's is what the long review said:

Competition bat: MSP Revolution, Forehand Vega Pro max, backhand Diabolic 1.6
Now review: MSP Revolution, Forehand Vega Pro max, backhand Reflection 0.9
Ball: Andro poly 3S (ABS), Joola Flash (seamless)

Have the Covering a little more than an hour on the robot, so no exact conclusion, more a first impression. The slowness mentioned by Amir in the OOAK forum is noticeable, but even more so are the SUs.
By the robot one has a very good comparison, since the adjusted spin is absolutely identical. With the Reflection it was again possible to block balls in such a way that the ball jumps back to the net after the 2nd or 3rd jump. That was absolutely impossible with the Diabolic with ABS, although the block was short there too, but he was just out the back.
The Reflection is indeed a good deal slower than the Diabolic, but there is still enough speed to play fast pressure balls, and so on.

On Friday he will be extensively tested in training.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2018, 12:33 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
So what are people wanting from anti now? Since the spin reversal is lower and most likely won't be improved enough to matter much... is everyone wanting a slower anti to block short with? To prevent looping by having low balls short on the table?

With diabolic I found it too fast. And even mega block in .6 is pretty fast on my garaydia blade. The 2.0 sponge is nice and slow though.

What is the advantage of reflection over mega block? Just a bit slower? I'm trying to find a balance between short blocks and fast hits when attacking back spin. My long blocks go a bit too high now, but probably from switching between long pops and anti so much. With the people I play I think the short blocks would work better along with placement, until i can either finish with a slap or step around forehand.

So many dms rubbers now who knows!

Unrelated, I managed to remove a transformer sheet in .6 from the blade, totally unscathed! It just detached from the tibhar or donic glue sheet as I pulled it off. Remarkable! But perhaps not overly repeatable...

Ramble over

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2018, 22:34 
Super User

yes, its easier to remove the sponge from the glue sheet bcs glue sheet is sticking to the blade stronger than to the sponge...

in regard to the anti, i just want max spin reversal and longevity...if i have that two i will adapt to all the rest...

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2018, 03:06 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Has anyone tried this yet? With ABS-ball? Is there any more back spin than with Diabolic with ABS-ball? What bothered me the most with frictionless anti and ABS-ball was that some loops gripped tve anti and blocks went long and high, while some loops (almost identical) went low. So it was more of a lottery if the block would land on the table. That was how it was for me and when I used passive block. With some movement when blocking it was a little better, but very little back spin left to the opponent.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2018, 05:20 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
^^you are not allowed to try this rubber as you are playing very well with the aggressor :D ;)
https://forum.tennis-de-table.com/t/der ... tion/24198