OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 17:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2018, 09:38 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Looking to ej a bit... what nee blades are considered good for anti spin focused playing styles?

Neubauer matador texa?

I use the anti most of the time for a blocking game, but try to slide over and finish any weak ball off with the forehand.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2018, 16:14 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
skilless_slapper wrote:
Looking to ej a bit... what nee blades are considered good for anti spin focused playing styles?

Neubauer matador texa?

I use the anti most of the time for a blocking game, but try to slide over and finish any weak ball off with the forehand.

Neubauer Matador (original or texa or texa balsa)
DMS Revolution
Many at noppentest.de says that Neubauers Bloodhound is very good, a bit slower than Matador and Revolution.

I would start with Matador since it is the cheapest :).

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2018, 07:25 
Super User

I tested out the matador texa... cost me the game!

Use 1.5 reflection on it. It has a very woody, clunky kind of feel to it. Solid construction and quite stiff. The anti seemed to work fine on there.

I had been using the garaydia t5000 -- and will continue to do so!

The matador was quite a bit slower overall and required slightly different strokes. I dont want to call it a bad blade as it did do well, but was not my cup of tea. Reminds me of the thick 7 ply all wood blades, with a bit more flex and vibrations.

So far my favorite remains the t5000 after having tried over 20 blades with anti.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2018, 18:24 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
skilless_slapper wrote:
... So far my favorite remains the t5000 after having tried over 20 blades with anti.

If you've tried that many blades and there's a clear favourite, then stick to it! No advice on the internet will trump the experience you've got yourself by experimenting and testing all those blades. Hearing others advice and experiences can be a great starting point to get you to look in the right direction but you're way past that point by now. We're all special snowflakes and have our own preferences.

With that being said, I know from personal experience it's not easy to stop testing equipment, it's fun and you always have the hope of finding the holy grail.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018, 06:16 
Super User

auzcar wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:
... So far my favorite remains the t5000 after having tried over 20 blades with anti.

If you've tried that many blades and there's a clear favourite, then stick to it! No advice on the internet will trump the experience you've got yourself by experimenting and testing all those blades. Hearing others advice and experiences can be a great starting point to get you to look in the right direction but you're way past that point by now. We're all special snowflakes and have our own preferences.

With that being said, I know from personal experience it's not easy to stop testing equipment, it's fun and you always have the hope of finding the holy grail.

Too true, too true! For improving, would be wise to stick with the one I like :lol:

But, I hadn't tried any of the "anti spin" blades as of late. A few of the older DMS, but nothing too recent. And after having tested some more, including the matador... I can safely say that the blades designed for anti -- are no better than the 'normal' kind! About all they try to do is put a hard outer ply on the blade, hoping to flatten out the bounce. But any normal blade with a good stiffness/hardness does just as good or better imo.

Even so, if you get the anti in thinner sponges then it flattens out the bounce on its own regardless of the blade. I don't think the blade makes that big of a difference -- unlike if you want to be a chopper, and then compare a slow chopping blade to a fast blade like the t5000. So long as the anti blade is of a decent speed, they're all pretty similar in my experience.

Same as any other style -- so long as the blade selection is within the same class/style, then it makes little actual difference. Just personal preference

Fast blade = thicker sponge

slow blade = thinner sponge

Just writing my thoughts here so when some poor future sap wants to waste money on blades for anti... they'll know what to expect!