OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 23:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: ABS 2 legal?
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2018, 07:37 
Super User

Blade: Hallmark Aurora
FH: Haifu Dolphin
BH: Pogo
Is the 2.5 mm sponge on ABS2 by Dr. N legal?

Thanks,

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: ABS 2 legal?
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2018, 11:11 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

If the total thickness is 4mm or less, sure.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2019, 01:23 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
I have played with the new ABS2 (with 2.1mm sponge) and the pips are shorter compared to the regular ABS so that with thicker sponge (2.3 or 2.5mm) it does not exceed the maximum thickness allowed.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2019, 06:05 

Blade: Dr neubauer firewall plus
FH: Spinlord waren
BH: Tibhar grass dtecs
Matt Pimple wrote:
I have played with the new ABS2 (with 2.1mm sponge) and the pips are shorter compared to the regular ABS so that with thicker sponge (2.3 or 2.5mm) it does not exceed the maximum thickness allowed.

I have a Palio txt blade which is very stiff and fast also a dr neubauer firewall plus would either of these blades match up well with dr neubauer abs2 soft antispin well or is something slower better
Thanks

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2019, 08:52 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Monolith wrote:
I have a Palio txt blade which is very stiff and fast also a dr neubauer firewall plus would either of these blades match up well with dr neubauer abs2 soft antispin well or is something slower better

Yes you can play the ABS2 soft with a faster blade. That's the good thing about the new Dr. Neubauer antis (both ABS2 and ABS2 soft) with the thick sponge (2.3 or 2.5mm) that you can play those on a fast blade. One thing I would like to add is that the ABS2 soft is a little bit faster than the normal ABS2 and it plays a little bit more springy but it is still pretty slow.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2019, 12:13 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

ABS LEGALITY UNQUESTIONABLE.

ABS 2 Soft [26-036] rubber comes with a topsheet under different name. The rubber is OK in every way.
ABS 2 [26-033] is equiped with a sponge of different type from the original ABS [26-008]. The rubber comes under different name. Therefore, it is a legal product in every inch.

So glad for Mr.Neu**r, indeed.

Last edited by igorponger on 15 Aug 2020, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2019, 07:43 

Blade: Dr neubauer firewall plus
FH: Spinlord waren
BH: Tibhar grass dtecs
Matt Pimple wrote:
Monolith wrote:

Yes you can play the ABS2 soft with a faster blade. That's the good thing about the new Dr. Neubauer antis (both ABS2 and ABS2 soft) with the thick sponge (2.3 or 2.5mm) that you can play those on a fast blade. One thing I would like to add is that the ABS2 soft is a little bit faster than the normal ABS2 and it plays a little bit more springy but it is still pretty slow.

Which in your opinion would be the better blade to use with Anti the firewall plus or Palio tct?
Thanks

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2019, 20:05 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
Palio tct is a great blade for short pimples, but bad for slick antis an its too "springy", it gives bad results in terms of spinreversal

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2019, 06:19 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
AA wrote:
Palio tct is a great blade for short pimples, but bad for slick antis an its too "springy", it gives bad results in terms of spinreversal
I tried TCT today with a well used DMS Reflection, I think in 1.2 mm. I must say that this blade is very good with anti. It has a very low throw så the ball stays close to the ne. Thw ball leaves the bat very fast, so very short dwell time, normally good for spin reversal. But tve best part is aggressive oushing against back spin, there it really shines. But I obly used the setup against a defender, so I need a few more sessions before I really know what I like it. Great for smashing though :)

@Amir, I see you are using the Barna-blade. I heard Guido saying it is even better for anti than Carbon DeLuxe. What can you say about it in comparison to DeLuxe? Lower throw? Speedwise?

Also, I noticed (of course) the new anti Stöhrkraft :). What can you say about that? You've had for a while now I guess (well, heard from Guido). What path is it following? Like Reflection or Scandal or Diabolic? Same sponge as Scandal/Reflection? Is it optimized for ABS ball in some way? I found Diabolic and Reflection ok with Stiga Perform (the worst ball for this game style but the most common in Sweden) while Scandal did not work at all (low, but no spin).

Skickat från min Mi A2 Lite via Tapatalk

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2019, 07:57 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
I tried TCT today with a well used DMS Reflection, I think in 1.2 mm. I must say that this blade is very good with anti. It has a very low throw så the ball stays close to the ne. Thw ball leaves the bat very fast, so very short dwell time, normally good for spin reversal. But tve best part is aggressive oushing against back spin, there it really shines. But I obly used the setup against a defender, so I need a few more sessions before I really know what I like it. Great for smashing though :)

@Amir, I see you are using the Barna-blade. I heard Guido saying it is even better for anti than Carbon DeLuxe. What can you say about it in comparison to DeLuxe? Lower throw? Speedwise?

Also, I noticed (of course) the new anti Stöhrkraft :). What can you say about that? You've had for a while now I guess (well, heard from Guido). What path is it following? Like Reflection or Scandal or Diabolic? Same sponge as Scandal/Reflection? Is it optimized for ABS ball in some way? I found Diabolic and Reflection ok with Stiga Perform (the worst ball for this game style but the most common in Sweden) while Scandal did not work at all (low, but no spin).

we are a bit off-topic here, so this will be my last response on these issues here :P

1. TCT- i loved the TCT so much in combination with short pimples that i tried so many to see if any slick anti worked with it...and the truth is that the TCT is awful for slick antis in comparison to other blades...the reversal is much worse and the anti gets a catapult/springy feel...

2.Barna Triumph has a slightly higher throw but with slick antis the blocks become shorter and the spinreversal is a tad higher possibly...weirdly enough, attacks seem a tad faster with it.

3.cant say anything about the new rubber yet.. :lol:

Last edited by AA on 30 Oct 2019, 18:08, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2019, 08:11 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
AA wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

we are a bit off-topic here, so this will be my last response on these issues here :P

1. TCT- i loved the TCT so much in combination with slick antis that i tried so many to see if anyone worked...and the truth is that the TCT is awful for slick antis in comparison to other blades...the reversal is much worse and the anti gets a catapult/springy feel...

2.Barna Triumph has a slightly higher throw but with slick antis the blocks become shorter and the spinreversal is a tad higher possibly...weirdly enough, attacks seem a tad faster with it.

3.cant say anything about the new rubber yet.. :lol:
Thanks!

To get closer to topic, I tried a 1.8 mm version of ABS2 soft on a Bloodhound, that was quite nice. A bit difficult to control but way better blocls than 2.5 version on Stiga Carbonado 90.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2019, 01:36 

Blade: Mizutani ZLC
FH: T05
BH: Reflection 1.5
Def-attack wrote:
AA wrote:

Amir,
you probably have been asked many times, but I could not find the answer.
what do you consider the best blades for slickest anti?
I play now with Mizutani Jun (carbon blade) and have Garaydia t5000(carbon blade), also have Revolution and Matador Texa
thank you

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2019, 06:11 
Super User

osmar92 wrote:

Amir,
you probably have been asked many times, but I could not find the answer.
what do you consider the best blades for slickest anti?
I play now with Mizutani Jun (carbon blade) and have Garaydia t5000(carbon blade), also have Revolution and Matador Texa
thank you

sorry for anyone bothered by another off-topic, but here we go: in the past couple years i have only tried der-materialspezialist blades..my favourites are: barna triumph, revolution and carbon deluxe

greetings!

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2019, 06:20 

Blade: Mizutani ZLC
FH: T05
BH: Reflection 1.5
appreciate it

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!