OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2019, 00:02 

Blade: Matador
FH: Spinfire 2.1, Black
BH: Diabolic Special 1.0, Red
I have been using Nittaku Best Anti for a while, and have been trying to attack with it consistently with some success. One thing I have been tinkering with is a very aggressive serve return, with a stroke similar to a Chiquita. Sure, it does not have the spin of doing this stroke with inverted, but if I make a good stroke I seem to be able to apply this stroke to almost any type of serve. Seems more effective than pushing or drop shotting the return.

Anyone else tried this or have experience they would like to share? Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2019, 14:49 

Blade: BBC Nine
FH: Andro Rasanter R47 - Max
BH: Nittaku Best Anti - 1.8
I too use NBA at 1.8mm. That is my favorite stroke for returning short serves. I can return almost 80% of the short serves with that stroke. I will post a video when I got time so that we can compare.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2019, 15:41 

Blade: Matador
FH: Spinfire 2.1, Black
BH: Diabolic Special 1.0, Red
5stars wrote:
I too use NBA at 1.8mm. That is my favorite stroke for returning short serves. I can return almost 80% of the short serves with that stroke. I will post a video when I got time so that we can compare.

Thanks. It is now the long, fast, dead ones I am now having trouble with. I seem to not be fast enough to attack these. I could probably chop them, but I am stubbornly trying to figure out how to attack them.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2019, 18:00 

Blade: BBC Nine
FH: Andro Rasanter R47 - Max
BH: Nittaku Best Anti - 1.8
allencorn wrote:
5stars wrote:

Thanks. It is now the long, fast, dead ones I am now having trouble with. I seem to not be fast enough to attack these. I could probably chop them, but I am stubbornly trying to figure out how to attack them.

I use different strokes for the long fast one..depends on opponent's placement.
Close the bat a little and push - Which mostly places the ball at middle to outer edges and opponent opens up the ball
Swipe sideways if the balls a little slower - Ball bounces a bit higher but there will be spin reversal and a little side spin
loosen and bat and make a passive block - this i'm still practicing to place the ball near net. I can place the ball near net maybe 15-20% only at present. I seem to not get my placement right. Most of the time the ball drops in my court.
You can try the close push to make it into an attacking stroke