OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2023, 03:21 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Very good video for showing how well the anti blocks . However,once you meet an opponent that feeds you with zero spin,the anti player has few resources and the anti spin rubber is inefficient no matter how frictionless it is.LPs,on the other hand ,can chop,push,hit,sideswipe the zero spin ball and are therefore more resourceful .

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2023, 06:30 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
charmander defender wrote:
Very good video for showing how well the anti blocks . However,once you meet an opponent that feeds you with zero spin,the anti player has few resources and the anti spin rubber is inefficient no matter how frictionless it is.LPs,on the other hand ,can chop,push,hit,sideswipe the zero spin ball and are therefore more resourceful .
This is all true, but the low trajectory, the short blocks, loaded with back spin... That you will never get with lp, no matter how long they have stayed in the sun.

It is two very different rubbers and two very different styles. A year ago a gave long pimple a serious try, but the differences compared to frictionless anti is larger than one would think. You can't just change to lp, learn how to chop block, and think you can play the same. Serves, attacks, pushes and lots of other strokes need to change. So it is kind of pointless to make comparisons between frictionless anti and long pimple, in the same way as compare long pimple to short pimple.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2023, 14:24 
Super User

FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
I've been playing with anti for a few months and have to say it really suits my game, coming from an offensive mentality. I really wanted to give long pimples a try myself too, but never got to it eventually and I think it was for a good reason. I'm so used to it I can't imagine myself with a pimple. Some people love to regard that pimples give you more versatility and possibility to vary the spin more, this might be true, but as state above, you don't get particular things that might be more inconvenient than the things the pimples can do. Also, it is a matter of technique.

Anyway, how durable is the SuperGlanti?

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2023, 00:25 

Blade: Dr N Matador
FH: Tibhar MXP Max
BH: ABS2 Evo 1.8
Def-attack wrote:
charmander defender wrote:
This is all true, but the low trajectory, the short blocks, loaded with back spin... That you will never get with lp, no matter how long they have stayed in the sun.

It is two very different rubbers and two very different styles. A year ago a gave long pimple a serious try, but the differences compared to frictionless anti is larger than one would think. You can't just change to lp, learn how to chop block, and think you can play the same. Serves, attacks, pushes and lots of other strokes need to change. So it is kind of pointless to make comparisons between frictionless anti and long pimple, in the same way as compare long pimple to short pimple.

I can confirm this. Long ago, when I was younger., I had learned to play quite well against classic defensive players who played away from the table. I'm referring to players who used classic anti-spin rubbers or long-pips rubbers with sponge, like P1 for example.

When I resumed playing in 2015, I didn't face significant problems against classic defensive players (I'm not talking about high-ranking players, but rather average-ranked players). The balls were slow and had a lot of airtime, giving me ample time to position myself and counter with strong topspin forehand against their underspin.
However, when I played against a modern defensive player for the first time, who pushed fast and placed many semi-empty and empty balls on the table with long-pips without sponge, I couldn't keep up and react quickly. By the way, this player could hardly launch an attack with his forehand :). I lost the match very quickly and easily. A large number of fast semi-empty and empty balls. on the table, in my opinion (as a 57-year-old classic offensive player), simply created chaos for me :). It often seemed paradoxical; I would win 3-0 against a classic defensive player, that defensive player would win 3-0 against a modern long-pips push-blocker, and I would lose 3-0 to the same long-pips push-blocker.

It was even more chaotic for me when I first played against a skilled player who effectively utilized a frictionless anti on their backhand side. I was defeated primarily by their backhand shots alone. He didn't use his strong forehand at all.:)

Absolutely, mastering the playstyle with such rubbers is indeed an art in itself. Learning to effectively use these "tricky and challenging" rubbers, especially on the backhand side, requires dedication and practice. If such a "tricky and challenging" backhand playstyle is complemented by a strong forehand, then it becomes an exceptional combination. I've also tried LP rubber for a while, but I wasn't persistent and ended up returning to smooth rubber on the backhand. Let's see how it goes with the ABS Evo2 1.8 that I've ordered based on recommendations here. I've now decided to be persistent in learning this style of play. I hope that with such a playing style, I'll be able to reduce the fast pace that no longer suits me. Hopefully :) 8)

p..a..u..s..e 24 years

Blade Matador
FH Tibhar MXP Max
BH ABS 2 Evo

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2023, 01:44 

Hi all, i posted a video where i'm training on sideswap with cybershape carbon and super glanti soft. I think this combo is pretty good :)

Follow me on YouTube ;)

https://youtube.com/user/giacomuz10

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2023, 04:37 
Super User

Blade: Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Gewo Proton Neo 450
BH: Desperado Reloaded OX
gepi1993 wrote:
Hi all, i posted a video where i'm training on sideswap with cybershape carbon and super glanti soft. I think this combo is pretty good :)

Great!!

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2023, 05:55 
Super User

loboestep wrote:
gepi1993 wrote:

Great!!

Doesn't seem too disruptive, but from this viewpoint it is hard to tell. Interesting combo nevertheless. I asked Gep and he told me it is. Any other opinions?

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2023, 15:15 

Playing with frictionless there are times when you are forced back from the table.

Just for my understanding, in these emergency situations which version and sponge would best suit a very hard chop giving some semblence of backspin? A quick twiddle not being possible or you become “stuck” on the wrong side.

In my mind, Super Glanti Soft with max thickness (1.6)?

Would appreciate any discussion.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2023, 23:57 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
ZFT wrote:
Playing with frictionless there are times when you are forced back from the table.

Just for my understanding, in these emergency situations which version and sponge would best suit a very hard chop giving some semblence of backspin? A quick twiddle not being possible or you become “stuck” on the wrong side.

In my mind, Super Glanti Soft with max thickness (1.6)?

Would appreciate any discussion.

You are very dependant of the incoming rotation, but with a thick and slow sponge, you can go all in without worrying to overshoot the table. From all the Super Glanti, Störkraft and other glantis I tested in various sponge thickness I'd say most of my chops far away from the table were controlled, a bit more with thicker sponges and I never noticed any drastic backspin change when moving from a thin to a thick sponge.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2023, 21:21 

Blade: Donic waldner senso carbo
FH: haifu power
BH: ?
Hi,
I am interested to try abs2 or super glanti but I heard that those rubber/sponge have very low durability. Is someone able to tell me how long those rubber are efficient?
Because 60€ for an anti which last few months... I find it quite terrible...
What are the best flanti reversal/durability wise ?

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2023, 01:54 
Super User

Yann00 wrote:
Hi,
I am interested to try abs2 or super glanti but I heard that those rubber/sponge have very low durability. Is someone able to tell me how long those rubber are efficient?
Because 60€ for an anti which last few months... I find it quite terrible...
What are the best flanti reversal/durability wise ?

If you want something with decent reversal, control and acceptable durability, I suggest you look into the DMS Scandal. Very good rubber, a bit expensive but worth it.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2024, 15:43 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
The SG absorber is wirh Scandal-spokge, SG soft is with Störkraft-sponge.

If you are new to those attack-antis you should go with a slow and stiff blade.

Skickat från min SM-A236B via Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!