OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Dr. Neubauer ABS 3
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2023, 09:02 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
Hi there ! Long time no see !

I finally found a blade who offers me great forehand and good spin reversal capabilities with ABS3 ! I might stick to it for some times, it can definitely replace my main setup, only time will tell. Compared to Super Glanti, ABS3 is very blade dependant. Super Glanti can go pretty much on any stiff blade, it doesn't matter if it's hard or not (1 ply Hinoki is super mega stiff, stiffest blade on the planet more than 2000hz frequency but it is very soft and Super Glanti works well on it). Even on a flexy blade it can perform really well (ig TSP 2.5) This isn't the case for ABS 3. To keep it short, the best you can get with it is with a hard and stiff blade. Only hard (Nittaku Goriki) or only stiff (1 ply Hinoki) will not work. Matador Texa Carbon is the safest choice, but the dwell time is to short for me for my forehand. Today, it was glued to a Joola ZQH 90 ary-c, (Viscaria Super ALC structure) and I was very satisfied.

conclusion: ABS3 works the best on Matador Texa carbon, still works very good with Viscaria like blade (might even be better with zlc blade)

Comparison with Super Glanti:

Super Glanti is still the king of spin reversal. But on my Joola ZQH 90, ABS3 isn't too far behind in term of spin reversal. It still forces the opponent to push the ball after his first or second topspin due to various reasons:
- spin reversal
- low throw (I find it lower than Super Glanti)
- 2 bounce block (which is way easier to do than Super Glanti)

Strawberry style backhand is also easier to do than Super Glanti (see how Luka Mladenovic attacks pushes with his glanti) and I'm able to put the opponent under pressure more easily. Usually with Super Glanti it is too hard to do so I prefer to just push the ball low but then the opponent can easily loopkill me.

I might do an in depth review/comparison in the near future.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2024, 22:10 
Super User

Blade: Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Gewo Proton Neo 450
BH: Desperado Reloaded OX
dwruck wrote:
Hi Gepi, I had some sessions with the Super Glanti, posted my impressions on the Super Glanti thread in this forum. I totally understand not wanting to switch in the middle of a season. I think there's something to be said for having something you are confident with in knowing how it will react to certain shots. You are younger and do a better job of moving than I do, so I think maybe the ABS3 is better for you than it is for me.

Hi, did you use DM Reflection? It is similar to Storkraft ? I have use Super Glanti 1.2 but didn't like ti and sale it. I also have ABS 2 Pro and keep it but I really don´t feel confident with it some balls long and some short...I'm thinking about try ABS 3 2.0 and/or Reflection ( I have found it at a very good price in Spain). As many of you know I play with LP. You can see it on my signature.
Thank you very much.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2024, 23:37 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Hi there, sorry for the delay. I never used Reflection, but I know someone who did. He liked it, but has had better results with Scandal, so that is what he is using now.

Upon my return to anti, I have been revisiting a couple of things I tried before. One of those was ABS 3. I've only used it a couple of times, but practiced with it on Saturday and decided to use it in my first tournament in 7 months yesterday. I had some good results, and took second place in the U1800 event at a tournament!

I think the first time I tried ABS 3, it was on the DMS Carbon Deluxe blade and all of the balls came off just dead, not much reversal. However, on the Cybershape Carbon blade, it seemed to get more reversal. As the day went along I was getting better with the touch, as it is a little faster than Scandal and a lot faster than Storkraft. I thought the control was better, I was making less mistakes, and it was still setting me up for a lot of attacks.

I want to play a more active game, and I think ABS 3 is really good for that. What I liked was that my aggressive bumps and side swipe shots were low and had more pace on them, so my opponent had less time to counter them. That was a very valuable part of my strategy on the day.

I'm going to move forward and work on improving my game with the ABS 3 1.5 mm sponge version, and see how far that can take me.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2024, 21:32 
Super User

Blade: Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Gewo Proton Neo 450
BH: Desperado Reloaded OX
dwruck wrote:
Hi there, sorry for the delay. I never used Reflection, but I know someone who did. He liked it, but has had better results with Scandal, so that is what he is using now.

Upon my return to anti, I have been revisiting a couple of things I tried before. One of those was ABS 3. I've only used it a couple of times, but practiced with it on Saturday and decided to use it in my first tournament in 7 months yesterday. I had some good results, and took second place in the U1800 event at a tournament!

I think the first time I tried ABS 3, it was on the DMS Carbon Deluxe blade and all of the balls came off just dead, not much reversal. However, on the Cybershape Carbon blade, it seemed to get more reversal. As the day went along I was getting better with the touch, as it is a little faster than Scandal and a lot faster than Storkraft. I thought the control was better, I was making less mistakes, and it was still setting me up for a lot of attacks.

I want to play a more active game, and I think ABS 3 is really good for that. What I liked was that my aggressive bumps and side swipe shots were low and had more pace on them, so my opponent had less time to counter them. That was a very valuable part of my strategy on the day.

I'm going to move forward and work on improving my game with the ABS 3 1.5 mm sponge version, and see how far that can take me.

Thank you. Now I have ABS 2 Pro, ABS 3 2.0 and Störkraft 0.8. I haven't been able to do many tests but for now I find that ABS 3 is the easiest to use. I will continue testing different blades but for now no anti has given me the confidence to replace long pips in competition.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2024, 07:44 

Blade: Andro Ligna All
FH: XIOM Omega VII
BH: Frictionless Anti
Hi all!
I've done comparison of ABS 3 with ABS 2 EVO in this video. Hoping it's helpful to you!
https://youtu.be/Jyvq_Sfd0no?si=vqrEuhZWVksFXCEH

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7