OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2023, 20:01 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
I'm more than interested in this rubber. I've been playing with Yasaka Anti Power for a couple of weeks now and I love it. I'm starting to get used to it, but would like to try out something else, too.

Have you got any experiences with the Trick Anti? Can you maybe even compare it to the Anti Power?

I've read that single topic that is about the Trick Anti on this forum, but apart from that, I didn't find anything else (apart from the TableTennis11's 3 comments about it). Any comments about the rubber is more than welcome.

Thanks.

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2023, 23:19 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: DMS Scandal 1.2
GregorTT425 wrote:
I'm more than interested in this rubber. I've been playing with Yasaka Anti Power for a couple of weeks now and I love it. I'm starting to get used to it, but would like to try out something else, too.

Have you got any experiences with the Trick Anti? Can you maybe even compare it to the Anti Power?

I've read that single topic that is about the Trick Anti on this forum, but apart from that, I didn't find anything else (apart from the TableTennis11's 3 comments about it). Any comments about the rubber is more than welcome.

Thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=17&p=391626

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2023, 17:16 
Super User

Quote:

As stated, I've read that topic, but I was curious about anything else. But now we can say it is irrelevant, as I've tried it out and love it!

Thanks.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2023, 21:24 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z2
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS
Hello Gregor!
What is the best feature of this rubber? It seems to me to have zero spin reversal based on the videos available on youtube.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2023, 02:30 
Super User

Last edited by GregorTT425 on 17 Jul 2023, 05:41, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2023, 02:33 
Super User

Hello Pongista92!

Thanks for the question! It is nice to see you here, Andrea! Your videos are great and please keep up the good work! Even so because I'm learning from your videos, as I started antiing because of you a few months ago! I like your style pretty much! :D

About the rubber. I've always had the feeling that my antis actually don't reverse the spin, but remove the spin, instead of reversing it. This may be due to my not really good technique, as I don't really have anyone antiing around me, I'm lonely and unique in this regard. Everyone is using either short or long pimples, but not anti. ALL HAIL THE ANTI!

This Trick Anti is not an exception. So far I've tried three grippy antis, the Nittaku Best Anti, the Yasaka Anti Power and the Yasaka Trick Anti. The Best Anti was quite good for starting, but eventually left it because of the relatively high sensitivity to spin. The Anti Power was great too, but also a bit sensitive and too fast sometimes. The Trick Anti is currently my winner, as it has less grip than the previous too and a better control. This anti has a pretty low sensitivity to spin, so easier to receive serves or to play against spinny shots.

With the Trick Anti I can block, chop, chopblock, hit and place the ball with good accuracy. As for the reversal, I don't really see much reversal, maybe a little bit, but not much. But 80% of the balls of mine are just dead, the rest might have some randomized spin. Somewhere I read it is a halfway between grippy and frictionless antis, it might be actually.

It wasn't easy to find information about it, because as you've mentioned too, apart from a few Japanese videos and a single OOAK topic, there is nothing more about it online available. I was looking for something a little modern and available, so I picked this one and didn't regret my choice. It is good for now for developping the technique, but later I'm planning to move onto the frictionless anti for even more disruption for the opponents. ;)

So in conclusion, the Trick Anti is not a top-of-the-line anti, but definitely serves its price and worth to be an anti one can use if they prioritize control over reversal. But if I can give an advice, you should stick to your ABS, you'll definitely be more dangerous with that than with the Trick Anti. :D

If you have further questions, feel free to post here or even send me a PM!

Thanks!