OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2023, 21:58 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
Currently I'm playing with the Cybershape Wood with a grippy anti. I'm an anti beginner, I've been only playing for 2 months now with anti, coming from 1-year-time full-offensive style. Have made some progress so far, but not yet good enough. I'm planning on buying the Cybershape Carbon with a frictionless anti (ABS3) and curious about your opinions regarding if that would be a good combination.

I'm planning on changing my setup next year, around the end of May, 'till then I'm trying to get some money. :P

I'm curious about this blade because I've seen Andrea Aschi (my favorite antiier) using this blade with an ABS3 and had a generally good feedback. What I would like to know is if anyone of you are using or used the Cybershape Carbon with either an anti or pimple and how does or did it work for you (control, reversal, attacking capabilities, disruption, anything you might want to say).

I also would be thankful if anyone could tell me a good youtube channel where people play with such rubbers and setups where I could learn something from.

Thank you. :D

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2023, 06:57 

Hi, im playing barna super glanti soft on cybershape carbon from may and yes, is good. Nice reversal and good feeling on attacks and blocks. What i don't fully like is the rubber, i played with storkraft before and i think it was better overall. I will try to post some training with it next weeks, but be patient because time is never enough to mod

Follow me on YouTube ;)

https://youtube.com/user/giacomuz10

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2023, 16:18 
Super User

gepi1993 wrote:
Hi, im playing barna super glanti soft on cybershape carbon from may and yes, is good. Nice reversal and good feeling on attacks and blocks. What i don't fully like is the rubber, i played with storkraft before and i think it was better overall. I will try to post some training with it next weeks, but be patient because time is never enough to mod

Thank you for replying! So it is great for antis. Have you ever played with the Dr. Neubauer ABS 3?

Oh, yeah. You are Antispin Gepi from Youtube. Nice to meet you. I've been following your videos for a while and like your style. Keep up the good work.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2023, 16:42 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: DMS Scandal 1.2
GregorTT425 wrote:
Currently I'm playing with the Cybershape Wood with a grippy anti. I'm an anti beginner, I've been only playing for 2 months now with anti, coming from 1-year-time full-offensive style. Have made some progress so far, but not yet good enough. I'm planning on buying the Cybershape Carbon with a frictionless anti (ABS3) and curious about your opinions regarding if that would be a good combination.

I'm planning on changing my setup next year, around the end of May, 'till then I'm trying to get some money. :P

I'm curious about this blade because I've seen Andrea Aschi (my favorite antiier) using this blade with an ABS3 and had a generally good feedback. What I would like to know is if anyone of you are using or used the Cybershape Carbon with either an anti or pimple and how does or did it work for you (control, reversal, attacking capabilities, disruption, anything you might want to say).

I also would be thankful if anyone could tell me a good youtube channel where people play with such rubbers and setups where I could learn something from.

Thank you. :D

I also changed to Cybershape carbon, and I love it. At the beginning I had the impresion that i lost some control, but it came back after few trainning sessions. DMS Scandal fits very well with this blade and everything is working: blocks, pushes, hitting.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2023, 06:44 

GregorTT425 wrote:
gepi1993 wrote:

Thank you for replying! So it is great for antis. Have you ever played with the Dr. Neubauer ABS 3?

Oh, yeah. You are Antispin Gepi from Youtube. Nice to meet you. I've been following your videos for a while and like your style. Keep up the good work.

Thanks.

I played abs3 but not on cybershape carbon. I think that rubber would have low reversal on every blade so i won't do it. In general it is not bad but doesn't fit well my style. I prefer DMS rubbers.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

https://youtube.com/user/giacomuz10

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2023, 20:38 
Super User

gepi1993 wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:
gepi1993 wrote:

Thanks.

I played abs3 but not on cybershape carbon. I think that rubber would have low reversal on every blade so i won't do it. In general it is not bad but doesn't fit well my style. I prefer DMS rubbers.

Which anti do you currently use?