OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2023, 09:09 

Blade: Matador texa carbon
FH: Dignics 05
BH: Grass d tecs 0x
Hello, im new to the forum, and i want to try some antispin rubbers, what are the best options in regard to spin reversal, disruptive effect. Nowadays i use grass d tecs ox with matador texa carbon, but I want to try something different. What are the best options?

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2023, 15:37 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: DMS Scandal 1.2
At my club, I have few long pips players. When they tried my anties, they said that it is too slow, they cannot attack and also the blocks went to the net. Recently, i tried the Barna Glanti Black edition( available just with 0.7 sponge ). It is a very good rubber, but for me, even on a def blade, it is hard to control. But, when a long pips player tried it, he said that is kind of similar with his hefire-x, but better on blocks and worse on attacks. For pushing, he said is kind of similar.
So, maybe you could start with "Barna Superglanti Black edition".

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2023, 17:58 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
The Glanti Black Edition would be exclusively hard to control even on slow blades. It is not for beginners, under no circumstances, so forget about it for now. Maybe you should try something slow. It might be beneficial to start with a grippy anti first, then progress on to the frictionless anti. Maybe a Nittaku Best Anti would be a preferable choice. Also, Glanti Black has an outrageously high price, even higher than a Tenergy.
Also, the choice depends on what would you like to do with your anti. Blocking, hitting, chopping? The preferences of choice changes by parameters. Of course, there is not one better anti than an other one, but each excels in something. If blocking, maybe Super Anti. If hitting, maybe Anti Power. If chopping, maybe Best Anti. These there are quite popular, but there rubbers like the Energy Absorber, Ellen Def and so on. It is really up to you and your wishes.

The Glanti Black would surely have good reversal and disruption, but the speed it has makes it really hard to control. Your Texa Carbon would not make it easy either. Just an advice, if you want your anti to be effective, you have to pair it with a good attacking forehand and/or use twiddling, as these factors boost your unpredictability and makes the anti game twice as efficient. You also have to play actively, passive game is not a winning option, as the better players will just adapt right away.
Also, coming from long pimples it would be quite of a transition, as the two requires differing techniques.

On the other hand, if you feel like trying the Glanti Black out, feel free to do so. But I'm pretty sure the first few hittings will be impossible to play.

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2023, 01:04 

Blade: Matador texa carbon
FH: Dignics 05
BH: Grass d tecs 0x
[quote="Ycos3d"]At my club, I have few long pips players. When they tried my anties, they said that it is too slow, they cannot attack and also the blocks went to the net. Recently, i tried the Barna Glanti Black edition( available just with 0.7 sponge ). It is a very good rubber, but for me, even on a def blade, it is hard to control. But, when a long pips player tried it, he said that is kind of similar with his hefire-x, but better on blocks and worse on attacks. For pushing, he said is kind of similar.
So, maybe you could start with "Barna Superglanti Black edition".[/quote]
What exactly is the difference between the super glanti and the super glanti black edition?

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2023, 03:32 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: DMS Scandal 1.2
There is a topic related to SuperGlanti. I didn't play with it.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2024, 06:40 

Blade: yasaka sweden
FH: tibhar evolution el-p
BH: tsp curl 2
What difference is there in technical terms of play between a grippy anti and frictionless anti?
Thanks

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2024, 07:32 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
terso wrote:
What difference is there in technical terms of play between a grippy anti and frictionless anti?
Thanks

The "grippy" antis feature a very slight amount of grip on their topsheets, which basically removes the spin and speed of the ball and gives an empty, dead ball back. The "frictionless" antis feature a near-zero traction topsheet with the most minimal grip possible on their topsheets, which make them capable of keeping the incoming spin and giving it back, thus the "reversal" is much higher.

The grippy antis are usually faster and better for attacking and blocking, but has less reversal. The frictionless anti are slower (dampening), they have more reversal but a little harder to control. The grippy antis could impart some of their rotation in shots like chop, but the frictionless ones will usually only keep the spin and return it. The frictionless antis are usually more disruptive, but also harder to play with.

In a nutshell.

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender