OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 01 May 2024, 05:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: DMS E.S.P
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2024, 18:47 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
It could be the blade, but I'm so tired to change everything every time so I'll let the ESP on my SZLC Viscaria. I'm waiting for Def-attack and Markus review on the rubber now :)

It reminds me of ABS2 pro in term of speed. I can't imagine how fast the 1.2mm version is. Of course touch is different from ABS2 pro. Throw is very low, so low that I hit a lot of ball in the net during my first session. Good offensive capability, I can even put some pressure on the receive on no spin serve.

Due to the speed all my blocks were too long (out of the table) during my first training. I hope I'll be able to handle it soon otherwise I'll go back to Super Glanti.

And lastly, durability may be an issue ? First session with it and already big fat ball marks on the rubber, I didn't remember it happening with Super Glanti

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2024, 20:13 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z2
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS
I will have the opportunity to test the new ESP on the Scooper Combi within a couple of weeks. Guido told me that the ESP is better suited for allround blades.
I will let you know my impressions when I have a chance to try it.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2024, 20:48 
Super User

Rinforzando wrote:
It could be the blade, but I'm so tired to change everything every time so I'll let the ESP on my SZLC Viscaria. I'm waiting for Def-attack and Markus review on the rubber now :)

It reminds me of ABS2 pro in term of speed. I can't imagine how fast the 1.2mm version is. Of course touch is different from ABS2 pro. Throw is very low, so low that I hit a lot of ball in the net during my first session. Good offensive capability, I can even put some pressure on the receive on no spin serve.

Due to the speed all my blocks were too long (out of the table) during my first training. I hope I'll be able to handle it soon otherwise I'll go back to Super Glanti.

And lastly, durability may be an issue ? First session with it and already big fat ball marks on the rubber, I didn't remember it happening with Super Glanti

I am pretty sure the E.S.P is faster than most of the DMS flantis, but given your blade, I am sure that it is too fast because of your blade. If put onto a slower blade, the control values might increase. But I can understand your frustration about changing.

As for the marks on the rubber, I can also experience them on my Scandal right after the first training, but it does not really change its characteristics.

Awaiting for more details.

Pongista92 wrote:
I will have the opportunity to test the new ESP on the Scooper Combi within a couple of weeks. Guido told me that the ESP is better suited for allround blades.

Looking forward.

Honestly I am starting to lose hope in this rubber, but we will see what happens next.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2024, 22:08 
Super User

Pongista92 wrote:

Amazing ! Can't wait to see you try it !

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2024, 06:06 
Super User

Bad news guys... I switched from ESP to a Super Glanti soft 1.6mm on my Viscaria Super zlc to see if it was the blade the problem and unfortunately it wasn't. Good spin reversal with the SG.
I suspect the sponge from the ESP kills the spin, somewhat it looks like it has light tension making it good for offensive shot but killing the spin on passive shot...

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2024, 06:11 
Super User

Rinforzando wrote:
Bad news guys... I switched from ESP to a Super Glanti soft 1.6mm on my Viscaria Super zlc to see if it was the blade the problem and unfortunately it wasn't. Good spin reversal with the SG.
I suspect the sponge from the ESP kills the spin, somewhat it looks like it has light tension making it good for offensive shot but killing the spin on passive shot...

I thought you might say that. That is unfortunate.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2024, 17:30 

Rinforzando wrote:

You must not forget that not every GLANTI works on every blade! It's always been like that.
Instead of testing a different GLANTI on the blade, you should rather test the ESP on a different blade. That would be more meaningful.
A soft wood might be more suitable for the ESP.
Good luck ;)

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2024, 21:53 
Super User

gucci wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:

You must not forget that not every GLANTI works on every blade! It's always been like that.
Instead of testing a different GLANTI on the blade, you should rather test the ESP on a different blade. That would be more meaningful.
A soft wood might be more suitable for the ESP.
Good luck ;)

yes, it is true. ESP might work better on a slower blade, ALL or even ALL-. Matador might already be too fast for this rubber. You need a blade with no catapult effect to dampen the light tension of the ESP. It's too much effort for me to test it again and again on another blade, mayber I'll comeback to it this summer but right now I'm sticking to my Super Glanti.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2024, 16:38 

Def-attack wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:
I will ! I will first test it on a Viscaria Super ZLC like blade, my only concern is that it will be a tad too fast. If it's too fast, I will consider gluing it on a Matador Texa Carbon or a slower viscaria like blade
When you wnat to move a frictionless anti between bats, it works ok if you use ordinary water based glue on the blade only. Let it dry and attach the anti. Hopefully it will stay there enough for evaluation. And you can remove it without wrinkle it.

I will probably try it next week when Marcus gets his sheet (it takes a eeek to get it all the way to Sweden). He also ordered the new blade made for SG black, inspired by TSP balsa fitter def but without balsa.

Skickat från min SM-A236B via Tapatalk

Did you try the ESP on the new Control Blade?

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2024, 02:20 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I tried this rubner briefly in 1.2 on the new control blade and on Matador texa. I also tried 1.5 on Texa and Barna Victory. 1.5 works good on both Matador and Victory and 1.2 is good on Super Control (SG black edition is very good on that blade).

This is a strange anti. I compared 1.5 with SG Attack, both mounted on a Victory blade. Spin from passive blocks are better on SG but with ESP you should meet the ball, not hold still. You need to add some speed. This gives the ball a low and nasty trajectory and actually a little more back spin than from passive blocks. But SG still has better spin on blocks.

I only tried these different setups for a few minutes and not in match play. I am not ready to change yet, but if I would I would choose 1.5.on Matador texa.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2024, 03:44 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
I tried this rubner briefly in 1.2 on the new control blade and on Matador texa. I also tried 1.5 on Texa and Barna Victory. 1.5 works good on both Matador and Victory and 1.2 is good on Super Control (SG black edition is very good on that blade).

This is a strange anti. I compared 1.5 with SG Attack, both mounted on a Victory blade. Spin from passive blocks are better on SG but with ESP you should meet the ball, not hold still. You need to add some speed. This gives the ball a low and nasty trajectory and actually a little more back spin than from passive blocks. But SG still has better spin on blocks.

I only tried these different setups for a few minutes and not in match play. I am not ready to change yet, but if I would I would choose 1.5.on Matador texa.

Could you please compare the Matador with Matador Texa?

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2024, 07:03 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
GregorTT425 wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

Could you please compare the Matador with Matador Texa?
Matador is slower and has more flex than Matador Texa

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!