OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 01 May 2024, 08:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: DMS E.S.P
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2024, 00:07 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
GregorTT425 wrote:
dwruck wrote:
This is exciting to read about, I can't wait to hear opinions of this new rubber!

Speaking of the Matador, I had the same issue with gluing when I used it. The light sandpaper idea is a good one. Also stronger glue. I think I used Donic Blue Grip (something from Donic with "blue" in the name, anyway) and that seemed to work better.

Yes, I have experienced the gluing problem pretty much and did not liked it, not one bit. But since then my girlfriend managed to solve this issue. But should not be a problem for some time. I am planning moving to the Matador Texa, which has not got the heavy coating on the forehand side, only the backhand. I will be using gluing sheet for both the anti and inverted, so no more f*cking around with gluing.

glue sheet for inverted as well ? Wow that's bold

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2024, 05:24 
Super User

Rinforzando wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:
dwruck wrote:
This is exciting to read about, I can't wait to hear opinions of this new rubber!

Speaking of the Matador, I had the same issue with gluing when I used it. The light sandpaper idea is a good one. Also stronger glue. I think I used Donic Blue Grip (something from Donic with "blue" in the name, anyway) and that seemed to work better.

Yes, I have experienced the gluing problem pretty much and did not liked it, not one bit. But since then my girlfriend managed to solve this issue. But should not be a problem for some time. I am planning moving to the Matador Texa, which has not got the heavy coating on the forehand side, only the backhand. I will be using gluing sheet for both the anti and inverted, so no more f*cking around with gluing.

glue sheet for inverted as well ? Wow that's bold

What could go wrong? I have read about this opportunity and have not encountered any problems whatsoever at people using this. At least I will be able to switch from blades, not like I ever do it by the way. Quicker and easier. The only thing I have read as "con" is it adds a dampening effect. True or not, I do not know but I would not mind getting a little extra control.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2024, 13:55 

Blade: Dr. N. Matador
FH: Yasaka Rakza 7
BH: Diabolic Special
I thought the DMS Diabolic was supposed to have similar characteristics, slick topsheet and extra long pimples connecting them; similar speed 38 vs ESP 40.

I never tried the original Diabolic but I love the Diabolic Special.

I do have difficulty switching from one glanti to another, my new philosophy is find a glanti you like and try to stick to it, although I switched to Diabolic Special from Sabotage two weeks before a tournament and played pretty well.

Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2024, 15:48 
Super User

pipper4flipper wrote:
I thought the DMS Diabolic was supposed to have similar characteristics, slick topsheet and extra long pimples connecting them; similar speed 38 vs ESP 40.

I never tried the original Diabolic but I love the Diabolic Special.

I do have difficulty switching from one glanti to another, my new philosophy is find a glanti you like and try to stick to it, although I switched to Diabolic Special from Sabotage two weeks before a tournament and played pretty well.

Just my 2 cents.

Maybe it has something to do with the consruction of the topsheet, pimples or even the sponge. Not too sure to be honest!

On the other hand, you might be right. It would better pay off sticking to one particular rubber in the long term. I could have even done that with my Scandal, but then came the E.S.P (only of course if it is as good as worthy to try).. :D

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2024, 17:55 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Some water based glues like Revolution No3 do not stick well to heavily sealed varnished blades which cause problems with OX LP in particular, so I have found a quick rub over with a fine sand paper is one solution.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2024, 18:20 
Super User

ChasFox wrote:
Some water based glues like Revolution No3 do not stick well to heavily sealed varnished blades which cause problems with OX LP in particular, so I have found a quick rub over with a fine sand paper is one solution.

Exactly what has happened with me at the Matador blade. Using sandpaper is not an option for, as I feel insecure about the possible changes to the blade's properties.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2024, 20:16 
Super User

Received mine today ! 1.8mm. First tought: topsheet similar to Super Glanti, very slick by the touch with very long pimple underneath. Space between pips looks like it is larger than the space of pips of SG. Maybe topsheet is a tad thicker than SG. Sponge is rather dense and a bit harder than SG yellow sponge. Bounce speed, bounce more than SG 1.2mm, so it may be a little faster.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2024, 22:11 
Super User

Rinforzando wrote:
Received mine today ! 1.8mm. First tought: topsheet similar to Super Glanti, very slick by the touch with very long pimple underneath. Space between pips looks like it is larger than the space of pips of SG. Maybe topsheet is a tad thicker than SG. Sponge is rather dense and a bit harder than SG yellow sponge. Bounce speed, bounce more than SG 1.2mm, so it may be a little faster.

That's good! Any sings of malfunction or manufacturing problem, like, topsheet separating from sponge or a missing part?

Since you have already compared to tthe SuperGlanti, I guess you will do so once you try it. That's good, since then we will have a rather clear idea of how does it play compared to the first/second best spin-reversing rubber.

Last edited by GregorTT425 on 05 Apr 2024, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2024, 22:16 
Super User

GregorTT425 wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:

That's good! Any sings of malfunction or manufacturing problem, like, topsheet separating from sponge or a missing part?

No. But I never had a manufacturing problem before. I know some of you had with Störkraft, sponge separating from topsheet but it was an unique case because the red sponge is the softest sponge on earth and is very difficult to glue it properly without damaging it

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2024, 23:33 
Super User

Rinforzando wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:

No. But I never had a manufacturing problem before. I know some of you had with Störkraft, sponge separating from topsheet but it was an unique case because the red sponge is the softest sponge on earth and is very difficult to glue it properly without damaging it

Good! Looking forward its playing characteristics!

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2024, 04:11 
Super User

To my pleasant surprise, it is already available for buy in Hungary, only after one week of its release! I am tempted to try, but have to be strong and keep it down until the end of the season...

I wonder how does it play, if anyone has some ideas...

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2024, 05:21 
Super User

GregorTT425 wrote:
To my pleasant surprise, it is already available for buy in Hungary, only after one week of its release! I am tempted to try, but have to be strong and keep it down until the end of the season...

You can already find some reviews on the german forum !

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2024, 05:30 
Super User

Rinforzando wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:

You can already find some reviews on the german forum !

I do not speak German too well, but those some comment I have seen a way too little to get a good idea of how does it play.

How does your testing is coming along?

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2024, 08:00 
Super User

Where is the spin reversal

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2024, 16:49 
Super User

Rinforzando wrote:
Where is the spin reversal

I guess this is not a good sign. I am figuring the rubber has no reversal or very low, right?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!