OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:54

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 00:42 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
So the consensus on Anti would seem to be BTY Super Anti is probably the best in general, especially if you've not played with anti much?

I haven't even stuck it on the blade yet, so can't really comment. I found the yasaka very easy to control an it supposed to be a fast one, so I'm hoping this should be easier. I just hope it has the pace for attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 00:55 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Butterfly Super Anti is the closest anti to frictionless. Decent spin reversal, slow and high control. I think a reasonable alternative to Insider.

Yasaka Anti-Power is almost like a beginner's rubber. It sucks the speed and spin out of the ball, but has enough grip to counter and is better for attacking.

Toni Hold Anti-Topspin is like Mirage only with better spin-reversal.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 00:58 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

I can see you've spent some cash researching this! Thanks for the info. I've also got a sheet of the new toni hold on order from japsko

mynamenotbob wrote:
Butterfly Super Anti is the closest anti to frictionless. Decent spin reversal, slow and high control. I think a reasonable alternative to Insider.

Yasaka Anti-Power is almost like a beginner's rubber. It sucks the speed and spin out of the ball, but has enough grip to counter and is better for attacking.

Toni Hold Anti-Topspin is like Mirage only with better spin-reversal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 01:04 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I've tried almost all of them, except for Tibhar Ellen and Juic Anti Super Spin. If you want to attack, you might look into Armstrong Attack New Anti Spin. Similar properties to the Yasaka, but a little more pop. I have the 1.5 sponge.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2008, 04:37 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

I had my first hit with super anti tonight - Monday is a very relaxed club night so couldn't really train much. First impressions are that this is the nearest to friction-less style I've found in that you need to take the ball early and the bat needs to be fairly open. I think I can see a future for it, but it didn't feel I had enough control or training with it tonight to be able to tell. Pips against anti was better than normal, but playing matches against loopers wasn't too successful. Tomorrow I train with my coach and a bunch of super aggressive types the majority in leagues above mine so I'll i know more then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2009, 18:45 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Hi guys,

I need some advice from the the better informed on here about this YAP rubber.

I already use it in 1.5mm in black, but as it has quite a fast sponge, i have only been able to get control of it on my Hallmark aurora, so much so that it is now my no.1 blade with tg3 on f/h, in preference to Bfy S/A!

It is so versatile in manipulating spin in play or when attacking, that i get points so unexpectably easy. Serving and return are great too.

The question i have is would the 2.0mm be faster still as i see that the 1.5mm was brought out offering greater control according to the blurb?

If it was slower still, according to conventional wisdom about anti sponges, that would be even better, the thing is i am making up the same blade again for a friend and i don't want it to be faster if i ordered the 2.0mm and disappoint him. Also i would like the 2.0mm myself if it is slower.

Also has anyone else tried it in red and compared it to the black side?

Thanks in anticipation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2009, 16:49 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

For anyone interested, it would appear that YAP uses an active sponge rather than a dead sponge!

Post subject: Re: yasaka anti
PostPosted: 10 May 2009, 08:40 

Pretty interesting stuff.. night and day to Super Anti or Toni Hold A-T, or LPs I've tried. Not just due to the speed, but more so being the first 'junk' rubber where I've been able to use very intuitive, "normal" strokes (i.e. not chop blocks and other LP/weird specific stuff). Mostly regular blocking and topspin style hits, and also at multiple distances; no sense of being tied to the bounce here. Feels almost like non-spinny inverted training wheels, with ability to make some of the same motions but less sensitivity to spin, and inability to produce much of your own. A little more than other anti/LP I've tried though so serve return was a tad harder, etc., but still pretty good overall. Contrast in sides was present, with some effect from the AP, though shots were being returned back without too much trouble. Pretty impressed with this rubber overall though. Seems like a nice balance of ease and control against shots coming your way, with good placement, block/hit to send back at them. Basic but effective if one stuck with it, I would think.

Post subject: Re: yasaka anti
PostPosted: 10 May 2009, 09:18 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

I used the Yasaka Anti for over two years, It was a perfect rubber if playing people who didnt look at your rubber as they just guess its normal inverted then struggle against my fast and slow sides , It was also good at fast attack on service return buuuuuuuuttt. When people inspected the bat they tended to attack that side with topspin serves and blocking was ok but predictable and a hard push or chop was a real sitter as well for my opposition. so I lacked a real plan B , also I found when I tried to counter block a big loop the ball tended to go too far and straight ,I know it should be good at that but I found it hard to find the perfect blocking angle. It didnt have spin when I needed it ,especially if forced back a metre or so from the table .(I didnt twiddle enough with it or be ultra aggrissive ie attack more) and against many styles its very effective

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!