OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2017, 15:07 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this series of videos yet.. maybe we're all too advanced? :lol: :lol: :lol: The videos are pretty good, though not nearly as in-depth as, say, Brett's videos. By the way, she lives in California and is rated 2195, which puts her just outside the top 25 women.

(By golly, this Youtube Playlist thing works... Note that old guy at the next table at the beginning of each video - yes, a lot of variety on display at US tournaments.. :lol: )

EmRatThich beat me to it.. :lol:

(I was right, it's got something to do with sheep..)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2017, 09:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I like her videos for newer players but I subscribe to TTedge and Brett is so much stronger in instruction. Obviously it's a pay for site.

So yeah for newer players there is a lot to learn there along with the older PingSkills videos and it's free. I'm curious if she will improve her production quality and go a little more in depth in future videos.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2017, 11:28 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I don't mind her videos. I can't work out though why every video regarding stance seems to suggest that feet are placed a little more than shoulder width apart however when you see any decent level player play, they seem to have a much wider stance.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2017, 12:41 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Agreed, her videos are aimed more at beginners (as in people new to the sport, rather than people who don't play that well) while most people reading this forum are looking for more advanced stuff (whether or not it's beyond their abilities). Still, I might watch some more of them - she's just put something out about counter-looping. (Problem is there isn't anyone at Social Doubles who can loop consistently, let alone loop at all, so it might not be that useful for me.. :lol: )

Iskandar