OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Re Impact- mephisto
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2013, 21:11 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
...However the Katana and Mephisto are among the few that don't have Balsa (on the forehand) ...

I am wondering about this statement. Both of these blades are typical RI-blades i.e. balsa blades. RI-blades have been either symmetrically built as for example the first generation blades MA1, F2, 4MD ... or as combi blades with different veneers on FH and BH often combined with asymmetrically added balsa veneers additional to the balsa core. So what does it mean ".. dont' have balsa on the forehand" ?

p.s. the only totally balsa-free RI is the Bliss.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2013, 21:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
According to Achim's own description on his website (http://www.re-impact.de), the forehands of both these blades are "completely free of balsa". Both are asymmetric blades, so I assume he means that the plies that make up (most of) the forehand don't contain balsa.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2013, 09:17 
Super User

I want try Mephisto.

I like Katana and I think that Mepihisto is a blade a bit slow but the spirit is similar.

Tenergy 05 1.9mm & Katana is a good option!!!!!!
For Katana I don´t like Tenergy 05 2.1mm.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2013, 17:10 

scdit46 wrote:
I want try Mephisto.

I like Katana and I think that Mepihisto is a blade a bit slow but the spirit is similar.

Hi scdit46 .. Good day!! Since you use Katana, I need small information from you..
1) Howz katana's forehand speed? is FH speed is slow for fast loops on forehand. I use DHS Hurricane 2
2) Howz the feeling of backhand - Soft or hard? Will it work against nightmare slick anti?
3) Reimpact site says there is lot of disturbing affect for opponents when playing with Mopisto as the ball drops or sinks down making it difficult for the opponents to play. But for Katana they have not mentioned anything about disturbing affect so does that mean Katana doesnt give any sinking balls when counter hit or block?

The last question for everyone --->
I want to try Mopisto and Katana and check if that suits me.
Is there anyone who wants to sell there blades on reduced re-use price? I cant afford buying new re impact plys just for trial purpose.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 05:53 
Super User

hi,

Katana is a great blade.

Forehand speed: OFF-. Hurricane is not a rubber suitable for Katana. Tenergy 05 or Rakza 7 is suitable for Katana.
Backhand is mid soft. I play with TSP Curl P1R 0.5mm, is good for chop or block.

I don´t know Mephisto. I think that the disturbing effect is a feature of a rubber.

hello9959 wrote:
scdit46 wrote:
I want try Mephisto.

Hi scdit46 .. Good day!! Since you use Katana, I need small information from you..
1) Howz katana's forehand speed? is FH speed is slow for fast loops on forehand. I use DHS Hurricane 2
2) Howz the feeling of backhand - Soft or hard? Will it work against nightmare slick anti?
3) Reimpact site says there is lot of disturbing affect for opponents when playing with Mopisto as the ball drops or sinks down making it difficult for the opponents to play. But for Katana they have not mentioned anything about disturbing affect so does that mean Katana doesnt give any sinking balls when counter hit or block?

Is there anyone who wants to sell there blades on reduced re-use price? I cant afford buying new re impact plys just for trial purpose.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2013, 02:47 

Thanks scdit46 for the information.. I understand why you are saying that Katana is not suitable for hurricane2. The reason might be because hurricane sponge is very hard and not good for balsa forehand as balsa effect would be less.... considering this mopisto is very good for me as it has very slow backhand which i love it as i use anti and forehand is non balsa which is suitable to Hurricane2. But only think that is worrying me is forehand speed of Mopisto is rated as All-.. I want off or off+ on my forehand..

scdit46 wrote:
hi,

Katana is a great blade.

Forehand speed: OFF-. Hurricane is not a rubber suitable for Katana. Tenergy 05 or Rakza 7 is suitable for Katana.
Backhand is mid soft. I play with TSP Curl P1R 0.5mm, is good for chop or block.

I don´t know Mephisto. I think that the disturbing effect is a feature of a rubber.

hello9959 wrote:
scdit46 wrote:
I want try Mephisto.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2013, 03:32 
Super User

The forehand´s side has not got balsa.
I try Spinart on Katana and I don´t like, is very slow. For Katana is good a rubber not tacky. Tenergy 05 1.9mm is good!!!

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2014, 05:05 
Super User

I like Mephisto with three varnish layers on forehand.

regards!

Last edited by scdit46 on 04 Jan 2014, 05:06, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2014, 05:06 
Super User

I like Mephisto with three varnish layers on forehand.

regards!