OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 07:42


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Re Impact- mephisto
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2013, 21:11 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 16 Jan 2009, 21:38
Posts: 247
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 17 times
haggisv wrote:
...However the Katana and Mephisto are among the few that don't have Balsa (on the forehand) ...


I am wondering about this statement. Both of these blades are typical RI-blades i.e. balsa blades. RI-blades have been either symmetrically built as for example the first generation blades MA1, F2, 4MD ... or as combi blades with different veneers on FH and BH often combined with asymmetrically added balsa veneers additional to the balsa core. So what does it mean ".. dont' have balsa on the forehand" ?

p.s. the only totally balsa-free RI is the Bliss.


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Re Impact- mephisto
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2013, 21:21 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 31478
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1488 times
Been thanked: 945 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
According to Achim's own description on his website (http://www.re-impact.de), the forehands of both these blades are "completely free of balsa". Both are asymmetric blades, so I assume he means that the plies that make up (most of) the forehand don't contain balsa.

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Table Tennis Reviews / Articles | Table Guide | Robot Guide | Re-Impact Blades
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide | Novel way to glue OX pips


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re Impact- mephisto
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2013, 09:17 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 12 Jun 2010, 23:20
Posts: 201
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
I want try Mephisto.

I like Katana and I think that Mepihisto is a blade a bit slow but the spirit is similar.

Tenergy 05 1.9mm & Katana is a good option!!!!!!
For Katana I don´t like Tenergy 05 2.1mm.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re Impact- mephisto
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2013, 17:10 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 10 May 2012, 00:36
Posts: 41
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
scdit46 wrote:
I want try Mephisto.

I like Katana and I think that Mepihisto is a blade a bit slow but the spirit is similar.

Tenergy 05 1.9mm & Katana is a good option!!!!!!
For Katana I don´t like Tenergy 05 2.1mm.



Hi scdit46 .. Good day!! Since you use Katana, I need small information from you..
1) Howz katana's forehand speed? is FH speed is slow for fast loops on forehand. I use DHS Hurricane 2
2) Howz the feeling of backhand - Soft or hard? Will it work against nightmare slick anti?
3) Reimpact site says there is lot of disturbing affect for opponents when playing with Mopisto as the ball drops or sinks down making it difficult for the opponents to play. But for Katana they have not mentioned anything about disturbing affect so does that mean Katana doesnt give any sinking balls when counter hit or block?

The last question for everyone --->
I want to try Mopisto and Katana and check if that suits me.
Is there anyone who wants to sell there blades on reduced re-use price? I cant afford buying new re impact plys just for trial purpose.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re Impact- mephisto
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2013, 05:53 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 12 Jun 2010, 23:20
Posts: 201
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
hi,

Katana is a great blade.

Forehand speed: OFF-. Hurricane is not a rubber suitable for Katana. Tenergy 05 or Rakza 7 is suitable for Katana.
Backhand is mid soft. I play with TSP Curl P1R 0.5mm, is good for chop or block.

I don´t know Mephisto. I think that the disturbing effect is a feature of a rubber.

hello9959 wrote:
scdit46 wrote:
I want try Mephisto.

I like Katana and I think that Mepihisto is a blade a bit slow but the spirit is similar.

Tenergy 05 1.9mm & Katana is a good option!!!!!!
For Katana I don´t like Tenergy 05 2.1mm.



Hi scdit46 .. Good day!! Since you use Katana, I need small information from you..
1) Howz katana's forehand speed? is FH speed is slow for fast loops on forehand. I use DHS Hurricane 2
2) Howz the feeling of backhand - Soft or hard? Will it work against nightmare slick anti?
3) Reimpact site says there is lot of disturbing affect for opponents when playing with Mopisto as the ball drops or sinks down making it difficult for the opponents to play. But for Katana they have not mentioned anything about disturbing affect so does that mean Katana doesnt give any sinking balls when counter hit or block?

The last question for everyone --->
I want to try Mopisto and Katana and check if that suits me.
Is there anyone who wants to sell there blades on reduced re-use price? I cant afford buying new re impact plys just for trial purpose.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re Impact- mephisto
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2013, 02:47 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 10 May 2012, 00:36
Posts: 41
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Thanks scdit46 for the information.. I understand why you are saying that Katana is not suitable for hurricane2. The reason might be because hurricane sponge is very hard and not good for balsa forehand as balsa effect would be less.... considering this mopisto is very good for me as it has very slow backhand which i love it as i use anti and forehand is non balsa which is suitable to Hurricane2. But only think that is worrying me is forehand speed of Mopisto is rated as All-.. I want off or off+ on my forehand..

scdit46 wrote:
hi,

Katana is a great blade.

Forehand speed: OFF-. Hurricane is not a rubber suitable for Katana. Tenergy 05 or Rakza 7 is suitable for Katana.
Backhand is mid soft. I play with TSP Curl P1R 0.5mm, is good for chop or block.

I don´t know Mephisto. I think that the disturbing effect is a feature of a rubber.

hello9959 wrote:
scdit46 wrote:
I want try Mephisto.

I like Katana and I think that Mepihisto is a blade a bit slow but the spirit is similar.

Tenergy 05 1.9mm & Katana is a good option!!!!!!
For Katana I don´t like Tenergy 05 2.1mm.



Hi scdit46 .. Good day!! Since you use Katana, I need small information from you..
1) Howz katana's forehand speed? is FH speed is slow for fast loops on forehand. I use DHS Hurricane 2
2) Howz the feeling of backhand - Soft or hard? Will it work against nightmare slick anti?
3) Reimpact site says there is lot of disturbing affect for opponents when playing with Mopisto as the ball drops or sinks down making it difficult for the opponents to play. But for Katana they have not mentioned anything about disturbing affect so does that mean Katana doesnt give any sinking balls when counter hit or block?

The last question for everyone --->
I want to try Mopisto and Katana and check if that suits me.
Is there anyone who wants to sell there blades on reduced re-use price? I cant afford buying new re impact plys just for trial purpose.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re Impact- mephisto
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2013, 03:32 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 12 Jun 2010, 23:20
Posts: 201
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
The forehand´s side has not got balsa.
I try Spinart on Katana and I don´t like, is very slow. For Katana is good a rubber not tacky. Tenergy 05 1.9mm is good!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re Impact- mephisto
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2014, 05:05 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 12 Jun 2010, 23:20
Posts: 201
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
I like Mephisto with three varnish layers on forehand.

regards!


Last edited by scdit46 on 04 Jan 2014, 05:06, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re Impact- mephisto
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2014, 05:06 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 12 Jun 2010, 23:20
Posts: 201
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
I like Mephisto with three varnish layers on forehand.

regards!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: